Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any July 2011 Bandsters?

I had my surgery on 7/7 and the gas pains are awful. I was supposed to return to work today but with a belly that looks prego - I don't think so. Any suggestions out there. I had lapband with plication.

Short, chunky and bloated

I so cheated today. My surgery is Thursday, but I really wanted to eat Pad Thai one more time before I swear off Pasta forever. It is the only thing I will be sad to not eat again. I have done fairly well otherwise. I ate a Protein Bar or I should say half of one the other day and it was too sweet. I don't think I am going to miss the sweets as much as I thought and Cokes I gave up months ago and I know I don't miss them at all.

I had my procedure on Thursday, as well, and I went back to work today. Maybe a half day would have been better, as that I am beat now. I don't know if my pains are gas pains and hunger pains together. I know that i have never had indegestion or heartburn before, but since the procedure, i am definately sore from something gassy!!! It is supposed to go away within the next few days. I have seen all of our other posters say that around day 5/6 it gives relief. I do hope so. Don't foget to keep up with your walking, and take your gasX strips.:blink:

Take care,

Lisa

I had my surgery on 7/7 and the gas pains are awful. I was supposed to return to work today but with a belly that looks prego - I don't think so. Any suggestions out there. I had lapband with plication.

Hey Everyone! I was banded today and so far I'm doing great. I've been up walking to relieve the gas when it comes, and gave learned if you walk as soon as you feel the gas pain starting, it doesn't settle in my chest or shoulders. The pain is there but not unbearable. I'm using the pain pump to help me get out of bed though. I do have a mandatory overnight stay tonight so I can have my swallow test tomorrow.

Even more importantly how are all my fellow July 11th banders?

Hi everyone!

I am getting excited and nervous for my one way trip to Bandland Thursday. This pre-op is difficult for sure but I have been surprised at how strong I've been overall. That's not to say I haven't had my cheats, I'm not perfect! But I've been able to cook for my family a few times and had my shake without feeling deprived or sorry for myself, that's a step in the right direction, I think. I am going to find myself a therapist as soon as I get recovery out of the way, Shauna you're right in saying the mental issues don't disappear. At my pre-op appt this past Thursday the pre-op diet had taken off 8 lbs, which brought me to a total of 31 lost since March and the supervised diet my insurance required (yay), but I don't have a scale at home so I'll weigh in when I get to the hospital, I want to know exactly how much the pre-op took off total. This diet has got me SO gassy, I cannot imagine what it will be like post-op!!!

All the best, Rebecca

I cannot believe its nearly here, I really had a great preop diet day. Thank god, I got an email from somebody from the medical practice, that I am with, she has been banded 4 years and is maintaining 125 pds lost. Its so good to hear.

She said the hardest part was the liquid pre and post op diet.

Ok well to all you banders who are getting banded this week good luck. I wan't to hear from everyone.

Dawn Marie

Hello everyone,

I am on day 2 of my pre op diet and boy am I hungry! My last meal was a delicious vegetarian lasagne and ice cream. Sunday i started drinking and only consumed a Powerade Zero (gross), a fruit 2o, and a cup of broth. Today so far another Powerade Zero (still gross), a cup of coffee (dark and no sugar), and a small greek yogurt. My date is 7/21 and my surgeon requires 10 days. I know i can do it but boy do i hate it. I do not want to cheat but im dreaming of anything but liquid!

I'm almost missing pre-op! lol. I'm still a week of liquids away from mushies and I would KILL for the two cups of veggies I was allowed one pre-op. =/ lol.

Yeah, I have a pre-op appointment July 22nd. I still don't have ea surgery date but this is promising! I called my insurance company today and was told that the request for surgery uploaded today and I should have an answer by the end of this week. At this rate it looks like I might not be a July bander BUT I still want to stay with you all, if you will have me?

Sound exactly like me! Mine went away after 4 or 5 days, walk around as much as you can and burp a lot. When it got really bad I just took pain killers and went to bed!

Of course we will!!! Waiting for a date is so hard - hang in there!

Yeah, I have a pre-op appointment July 22nd. I still don't have ea surgery date but this is promising! I called my insurance company today and was told that the request for surgery uploaded today and I should have an answer by the end of this week. At this rate it looks like I might not be a July bander BUT I still want to stay with you all, if you will have me?

Well, the challenges just keep coming and coming. Chicago experienced a really bad freak storm yesterday morning. Hurricane force winds, nearly 1,000,000 people lost power. Twenty-four hours later...we are one of the 300,000 still with no power. I believe my will power is being tested...I had to reheat that yummy smelling pizza hut pizza from the night before in a frying pan on top of the stove (because our gas oven has an electric ignitor). Talk about torture. But I hung in there. Tomorrow is band day...can't believe it. Seems like it was forever ago when I began this process in February.

I hope all the pre-op dieters are hanging in there. I know it's hard, but you can do. Best of luck and congratulations to all today's banders. Looking forward to joining your club tomorrow.

I am doing it now, the first day and a half was torture, but now almost a week into it I am more then full through out the day.

Anyone else dreading the preop liquid diet?

on day 8 liquid preop, cheated a bit here and there. But yesterday was a perfect liquid preop day.

From everyone I talked to it makes the surgery go so much better and safer.

two days to go. I am going to be banded on the 14th.

I am doing it now, the first day and a half was torture, but now almost a week into it I am more then full through out the day.

I had the band done on the 7th. I have been really sore around the incisions but I haven't felt a lot of gas pain. I was up walking around a lot afterwards, however I've only had one Protein Shake and a 1/2 cup of chicken broth since then. I felt so nauseus(sp?) and I called the doctor last night and they said I was dehydrated which sounds right because I haven't even felt like drinking anything. I'm down 5 pounds since the surgery and 52 over all so I guess I'll manage. I'm back at work today and hoping for an easy day. I'll just be glad when I can eat a mashed potato or something with substance.

weight.png

HI Shannon, three days to go. Are you doing liquid preop?

Dawn Marie

Hi there! My doc has me on Sugar Busters for two weeks pre-op, so that is what I am doing. I have not had a single cheat and am in the right mindset to do this thing. For me, the counseling is what has made the difference. I am nervous since I'm only two days out now, but looking forward to living with the band.

Good luck to all of today's banders!!! My big day is Thursday!!!