Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any July 2011 Bandsters?

On another note, this question is for the folks that have already been banded. Has anyone else felt like their band is tighter in the morning? I've read about people experiencing that and I seem to be having that. It doesn't hurt, its just tight.

Thoughts anyone?

I have noticed this a bit also. I couldn't even feel my band the first 5 days post-op. Now I seem to feel it in the morning and late in the evening. Still waiting to decide if that's a good thing or not lol

On another note, this question is for the folks that have already been banded. Has anyone else felt like their band is tighter in the morning? I've read about people experiencing that and I seem to be having that. It doesn't hurt, its just tight.

Thoughts anyone?

So I woke up this morning with some pretty uncomfortable pains in my stomach. I took some gas x...didn't help! So I decided to try and have some carnation instant breakfast...turns out I was just hungry! I didn't feel hungry, but my body was telling me to eat. Such a new concept for me LOL. All it took was 2 oz to feel full and content. And what do you know, the pains are gone! And I lost 2 lbs overnight!

So far I'm LOVING my new band! My husband keeps calling me the "bionic woman"...hahaha!

How is everyone today?

:D

Glad to hear you're doing well! When was your surgery again?? Mine was yesterday. I was feeling good yesterday, but last night I started to feel pain. Not from my incisions but because of the anesthesia. My whole body, from neck to heels, are sore. I am a little hungry, but I'll have to wait until tomorrow to have my clear Protein Shakes. I did lose 3.6 lbs since the day before surgery! Congrats on your progress so far!

Welcome whitetiger011680 and (someone else, sorry!)

Congrats to everyone that got banded the last couple of days.

Here is our list...today is nesportsfan, hokdo, songbird5769, Short and Chunky, LisaB68, pinktink, dare2bthin. Then we have no one until the 11th!

No date yet: kychick1294, 30Something (JeVona), nickieredd79

June 27:pkjjm31049

June 30: Nechama L

July 1: jenjaw, nancy2011, amjcal, Tracy N, xlstan, Wendy Muehleisen, ahassan, KevinM, Banded Karebear, lifeisjustbeginning2011 (Amy)

July 5: AlyGurl (Aly), MassMom01527 (Steph), Allison0927, Harvest Farmer, wannabe21bmi (Kate), Kim from CT, blackmajyk, Xtinabrown13, Ecinaj, Wanttobeskinny22

July 6: lizzy21050, crash878905, Lorelei, Kimiky, Diana1980

July 7: nesportsfan, hokdo, songbird5769, Short and Chunky, LisaB68, pinktink, dare2bthin

July 11: dixiechick, honeybunny, Jessica43082, hlong1985, Breezybbyy, BANDme_LUV, jengy

July 12: BandedApril (April), merlina, mfrancis, Kay Adams

July 13: CurlyDiva, Tammy A, Lisa_MC, Ginasjmm4

July 14: crystalddm, BandItOrLoseIt, MassMommyRebecca, schmidty42, NewCruiseGirl2011, Denise'sjourney, Meerkat135, dmhanaphy (Dawn Marie)

July 15: Shauna Deanne, Corize, JohnnyBoy, Labella624, Moe-Moe

July 18: Colee85, Bandmebaby!, ANewMe63

July 19: Mrs. Schultz

July 21: NomersCat, Coco's mum, Rock4Light401

July 22: razzcat, Kgirl1960 (Kristy), BamaBrandy

July 25: cat lady, dropsizes (Mary)

July 26: Serifa

July 27: Healthy4Ever

July 28: Erica Pizzi, whitetiger011680

July 29: ButterflyM, PungosMama

I heard it is really common for the band to be tighter in the mornings...a lot of people (that are well past post-op diet) can only do liquid breakfasts because of it. So glad you are doing well!

Thoughts anyone?

Does anyone else have to give themselves shots after the surgery? I can't remember what they are called but they are to prevent blood clots. Pretty big needle too...I hope I can do it!

Shauna

Hey Shauna, I had to give myself shots after surgery. Today was my last one thank goodness. It should be Lovenox, or something similar. The needles aren't that bad but I couldn't give myself the shot, hubby has to do it. He does it each morning in my "love handles" we alternate sides, the medicine burns a bit though the needle isn't bad. NOT my favorite part or post-op. It's for one week after surgery to prevent blood clots.

Does anyone else have to give themselves shots after the surgery? I can't remember what they are called but they are to prevent blood clots. Pretty big needle too...I hope I can do it!

Shauna

Eeeeek!! Shots after surgery?? YIPES! I got a shot of Heparin in my belly right before surgery, but that was it.

Hi Everyone, I am being banded on July 11. Only a few more days! I have to say that I am petrified. I am usually a nervous nelly anyway so I am just attributing it to that. Hope everyone is doing well and I can't wait to be on the other side.

Lisa

Sounds like our July Bandsters thus far are doing great !!

My Mom is a nurse and a firm believer: You MUST stay ahead of the pain ... our bogies cannot heal unless they are in rested stated so please - take your pain meds as directed :)

Today was my first day of liquids only. So far, so good (and I'm typing not eating). Went to Thai for lunch and had two cups (largish) of broth ... delish. HRM800 for bfast (protein shake) and a muscle milk mid-pm. I'll probably go to the condo pool and then right to bed ~

Shauna

It's called Lovenox. It is a blood thinner. I don't know if I will have to or not. Use your thigh it will work the soreness out quicker. The more you move the muscle the more it will help. I have given shots to others but not to myself I am sure I can do it but I now it is not going to be fun.

How is it going day two, well probably day three with the time difference? I keep reading everyones posts and forgetting to reply.

I am on day three of liquid preop Can't wait to hear about the first couple of days.

Dawn Marie,

Ps I am going to be banded on the 14th.

Hello!

My name is Aly and I'm getting banded on July 5th (20 days!) and I too have a BMI of 33/34.

I'm 18 years old, I know that I'm young to be undergoing this surgery, but I have lost and gained weight a thousand times since about the age of 12 and have a family history of obesity, heart disease and diabetes. I'm really excited about it but at the same time I'm nervous because I know how difficult it is (my mum had a lapband in 2008). I'm finding the weeks leading up to it difficult because I want to talk to my friends and boyfriend about it but they don't really get it... It would be great to have people to talk to who are in the same situation!

Aly - Hunter Valley, Australia

For those interested, I put the powdered Peanut Butter info on my blog. I'll also cross post in the July 2011 post op group. :)

Amy

Hi everyone, I am on day three of Liquid preop diet waiting to be banded on the 14th. I spent the day today at a Water park here in Massachusettes with my younger son. He is 6.

I always forget how fat I am until I get stuck in a water park tube, and then Its like winnie the poo getting stuck trying to get the honey and all the friends around them trying to help him get out.

I know the quality of life will change drastically if I can do this journey with my whole heart and soul. Not getting stuck in Water tubes will just be the beginning.

I have been reading all these threads and realize that I need to participate, I want to be supportive of everyone and get the support back.

I seem to cheat a little everyday on the preop liquid, mostly water vegetables and Protein. I am just trying for the first time Target brand beef broth.... Its tastes like four star restaurant quality Soup.

I am still working on getting my weight ticker up, I thought I had it but now I can't find it.

As with everything in life, The more I participate in anything the better I feel and do. So this is me participating.

Its been great to read everyones day of stories, they are so helpful, it helps me stay less than anxious, It is giving me the imagary that I need as I get closer to the day, this time next week I will be in a hospital room, knowing that nothing in the cafeteria matters.

Dawn Marie

Dawn, where are you having yours done?