Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any July 2011 Bandsters?

Hi Everyone!

despite my respiratory infection my surgery went forward! So this is a greeting from BandLand! I am in much more pain than I had anticipated but I did have a hernia repair and liver biopsy. I've been up doing laps around the ward. A little gas pain but walking helps with that. I am glad I stayed overnight because I have a pain pump that I can use everu 10 minutes for a bolus of diauded (sp?). I'm thoroughly drugged am grateful for it. My wonderful husband slept in the fold out chair so I would not be alone. His support through this process is so appreciated. I will do something nice to repay him.

I am afraid that I do not remember much from yesterday but the last thing I remember is laying on the operating table and breathing in oxygen from a mask. I slept through both recovery rooms and did not wake up until I got to my own room.

Thinking of you all...Kate

Getting banded July 28th! it's been a long journey to get to this point after making the decision to go this route last summer. I started this process last October (had to wait 2 months to get an appointment with my general doctor for a referral) then had a 6 month supervised diet to complete and then had to wait another 2 months for the insurance to approve it. So after all that I am finally getting close to the end zone and can't wait! I wish it could have been done this week while I had the whole week off for July shutdown, but now thanks to my insurance, I will have to use additional vacation days later this month. oh well. it's worth it. SO EXCITED! :lol:

I showed my children (3 and 6 years old) the lap band surgery video on youtube to help them understand what I am doing and why. They seemed to understand a little better after asking a lot questions during the video. i'm so glad they have an interest in medical things, don't get grossed out and ask a lot of questions. Makes this a little easier for all of us. :)

Anyone else dreading the preop liquid diet?

OMG, I am in day two of the pre-op liquid diet and I think I am going to die. My medication makes me sick and everything I look at reminds me of food. Thank goodness my surgery is tomorrow.:lol: So glad to have found this July bandsters group. I am in Jacksonville, Fl. and my insurance is paying the bill but wow am I hungry !:(

I'm sitting in the surgical center waiting room now. Paperwork has been filled out. I'm ready!!

awesome. Best of Luck. Are you on your phone?

I'm sitting in the surgical center waiting room now. Paperwork has been filled out. I'm ready!!

dmhanaphy,

A lot of us have to do liquid, Protein diets. Some of us 1 week, some 2 or more. With the banding being done laproscopically, the liver has to be reduced to help getting around in there. that is why the liquid! Your process is incredible at only 5 weeks with the insurance company involved. There is an awful lot of information on this posting, so read on and enjoy. I am being banded on THURSDAY!!!! and daggone if I didn't go to Wegmans this evening and want to get a big steak.......but I didn't, just came home and drank my Protein Drink.< /span>

Lisa B

dmhanaphy,

A lot of us have to do liquid, Protein diets. Some of us 1 week, some 2 or more. With the banding being done laproscopically, the liver has to be reduced to help getting around in there. that is why the liquid! Your process is incredible at only 5 weeks with the insurance company involved. There is an awful lot of information on this posting, so read on and enjoy. I am being banded on THURSDAY!!!! and daggone if I didn't go to Wegmans this evening and want to get a big steak.......but I didn't, just came home and drank my protein drink.

Lisa B

I am still learning how to use this whole thing. How do you make the weight progress chart thingy where you see your bmi and weight?

Go to http://www.tickerfactory.com/weight-loss/ and then make your own ticker. Put the BBCode (NOT the HTML in your signature. Get to your signature by going in the upper left hand corner where it says "signed in by (your name)", and click the down arrow. Then go to My Profile. Then click "Edit profile" in the upper right hand of the page. Look for "Change Signature" on the left. Put the BBCode in there.

Hope that is clear...PM me if you need any more help.

Shauna

Hey Kate,

Glad you are doing well and got in despite your respiratory infection! I have to get a hernia repair also and hope it doesn't add too much to the pain...did your doc say it would?

I'll be alone in recovery, which is going to suck. I have no significant other to stay with me, wish I did. But at least my family has agreed to give me a ride and back. They are supportive of the surgery, which was such a relief!

So were you totally scared going in? I'm so scared I sometimes think I'm going to cry!

Shauna

Hi Everyone!

despite my respiratory infection my surgery went forward! So this is a greeting from BandLand! I am in much more pain than I had anticipated but I did have a hernia repair and liver biopsy. I've been up doing laps around the ward. A little gas pain but walking helps with that. I am glad I stayed overnight because I have a pain pump that I can use everu 10 minutes for a bolus of diauded (sp?). I'm thoroughly drugged am grateful for it. My wonderful husband slept in the fold out chair so I would not be alone. His support through this process is so appreciated. I will do something nice to repay him.

I am afraid that I do not remember much from yesterday but the last thing I remember is laying on the operating table and breathing in oxygen from a mask. I slept through both recovery rooms and did not wake up until I got to my own room.

Thinking of you all...Kate

Still in hospital. Am thinking this extended stay has more to do with my nurse being at lunch more than anything else. They took away my pain pump but haven't given me anything else. I napped for a little while this morning and definitely needed it. I've been up walking a few times. I had my barium swallow this morning - yuck. Everything looked good.

I'm bored. Ready to go home. Good luck to our July 6 banders.

How are my July 5 band buddies?

Hey There,

Just looking for any July 2011 banders. I just started my process, but as that I am "self-pay", I am on a fast track to surgery. Although, not terribly obese (bmi 34), I am using lap band surgery as a tool for continued success after loosing weight. I have always been able to join a program(diet or exercise or prescription) and loose weight.....I've done it several times with several different programs (not a good thing), but I always gain the weight back and more. Now that I am in my 40s, it is harder to loose and faster to come back. No more, I say! I want to be heathy in my future - family history/genetics dictates that I will/can be using a walker or wheel chair from degenerative bones and joints, heart disease, diabetes. I am trying to steer clear of that but still keep seeing myself heading in that direction, so now is the time for further action. Although apprehensive about going under, I am reading all the good things about the lap band procedure and am hoping that it is just a little more than the tubiligation and endemetrial ablasion that I had done last year. At least, I am thinking of it that way, so as to not scare myself too badly!

Lisa B - Northern Virginia

I am scheduled for surgery July 18, 2011. I'm currently on my pre-op diet and boy is it tough! I was a die-hard coke drinker and stopped the day I found out my surgery was approved. Letting go of the caffeine has been hard but I've done it. I've eliminated all bread, Pasta & rice from my diet. I've been drinking Water like it's going out of style (I love the sugar-free lemonade flavoring). I'm planning to go get some Protein Powder this afternoon to add to the broth that I can drink. I've gained and lost so many pounds over the years and I'm hoping and praying this will finally help me gain control of my weight. I want to get off my blood pressure meds and be able to walk without pain. Since I'm carrying so much weight right now, I have pain in my feet, ankles, knees and hips. I have 2 beautiful grandchildren that I want to play with and have fun but because of my weight (pain) I can't. I'm hoping this will be the solution! I wish all bandsters much sucess...

Hello everyone!! My name is Brandy, I am new to the site. I am to be "banded" on July 22, 2011 and I am beyond EXCITED!!! :D It has been a year long process because there are so many steps I had to take for my insurance to pay for it, but now the time is almost here and I just cant wait!!

Brandy,

We are band buddies - my surgery is on the 22nd also!

I'm starting to get really excited (and a little scared).

We have to stay in touch to compare notes.

kristy

Brandy,

We are band buddies - my surgery is on the 22nd also!

I'm starting to get really excited (and a little scared).

We have to stay in touch to compare notes.

kristy