Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Delights 2009

This morning's weight brought a huge smile to my face! 243.4. I've now lost 50 pounds from my highest weight! 24.4 pounds since the surgery. To Celebrate, I'm wearing one of the new dresses I bought last weekend.

I had a bit of help from Aunt Flo though. Every once in a while, when my period shows up, I'll have bad BMs. This was one of those months. I needed it though as I hadn't gone in a few days. Despite the pain and cramps, it was good to get all that stuff out. Sorry about the TMI.

I started using different Vitamins too. No more Flintstones chewables. Now using Centrum Multivitamin, Biotin, and B complex. Another funny TMI, is that the B complex pill is bright yellowish orange, and it makes my pee neon yellow!

Anyone go to a LAP-BAND® Support Group? There's one at my surgeon tonight and I was thinking of going.

My surgeon holds a support group and makes everyone sign a form saying they will attend support meetings. but it is in his Down Town Houston office, which is 60 miles from where I live and they only meet at night. There is noway I could drive the interstate into Houston at night and then 60 miles back! But on this website I found a lady that has formed a support group where I live. We meet at Starbucks once a month. I have attended 3 meetings and this is a really nice bunch of gals. We had different surgeons and are at different stages in our weight loss journeys - some are just maintaining now. I am the newbe in the group, so learn a lot from some of the ladies who have been banded for years. It is so nice to have people to talk and who share the same weight experiences and understand (similar to this group).

Anyone go to a LAP-BAND® Support Group? There's one at my surgeon tonight and I was thinking of going.

I go to support group every Monday night and it really helps. This past Monday they discussed behavior modification, which I feel is a big part of being banded. A lot of what she mentioned I already do. But it's good to hear it all. It's also helpful to see people who have been successful with the band and others who have not, for many reasons. My point is that I get a lot out of support group and will continue to go.

BTW My daughter will be banded March 30th. She is 23 and I only wish I could have been banded way back then!

It was good meeting with everyone. One lady there has had her band since Sept 08 and has only lost 30 pounds. She is going in next Monday for another fill, but she admitted that she hasn't been following the rules.

30lbs in a year and a half?!?!?! That's enough info to kick me in the but and get going!

I weighed this morning - I'm at 30 pounds lost in three months. God bless!... I wasn't sure I'd get there. A little bit of walking matters. I'm still going to expect more of from myself in the way of 'movement', but I'm gonna try and stop giving myself such a hard time. One pound at a time is working. It's gonna take awhile... but that's okay. It's working. Stay the course, my friends.

I posted comparison photos on my blog - link below.

Wow Karyn!

You can really see a difference already...Great job.

Edited by bellyfatgone
wasn't finished and spelled her name wrong. lol

Wow, Karyn! You look like two different people in your before/after! Great going!

Guess it's time for that visit to the spa! :-)

Okay, this is weird. I can eat chicken no problem. The white breast baked. But soft fish, like Orange Roughy and Talapia gets stuck every time. Sliming and everything! What's up with that? Maybe with this meat I need smaller bites. I'll figure it out. But weird, Hugh?

Karyn, love the photos! Wow! What a difference!!! Congrats. I measured my self and I've lost 14 inches all the way around (total). Can't believe it! It feels soooo good.

Good day everyone,

Well my scales finally moved a little, 2 more lbs. ~ now down 38lbs. It had been 2 or 3 weeks since they moved down and at one point during that time they went up a few pounds. I've just had the one fill and think another would help a lot. It's not due until March 26. O well enough ranting - looks like everyone is doing a super job.

Karyn your pictures show a big difference, way to go. I along with you find the exercise to be a tough thing. I can come up with a lot of excuses but need to get off my ass and get with it. Make it a habit where I just do it. As you said a little bit of walking makes a difference.

Good luck to all ~ we will make it.:smile2:

Hey all my december delights I am officially down 40.4 lbs. I am so happy with my weightloss to date.. Congrats to all with their losses.

Hello everyone. I wanted to post a quick comparison pic. I am finally starting to really notice the difference in myself and love showing off my new self. :biggrin:

This is me the day of surgery.

dayofsurgery.jpg

And this was me and my 2 boys last night. My oldest son and I were going on a mommy/son date night.

012.jpg

I think I am going to be sick....I so blew it on Friday (and over the weekend)

So on Friday...I was starving.....starving....starving....my monthly friend is here and I'm totally on a roller coaster.

I can't believe everything I ate:

Protein Shake

Yogurt

Soup at hand drink

Tator Tot Casserole

And then I walked over to the coffee shoppe...I totally forgot about my band...and I ordered a loaded hot chocolate AND a blueberry danish. If I needed proof that I have no restriction and the band won't stop me---I ate/drank them both. I felt so sick to my tummy after that...I didn't need to throw up I just felt ill from the sugar overload.

We went to the beach this weekend and I tried to be good but I snacked quite a bit. My husband pointed out last night that I was stress eating. I wanted to cry-- I didn't even realize what I was doing.

I have an appt tomorrow morning and I am going to beg beg beg for my second fill. I

Can anyone else feel their port? When I sit for too long ot after I eat I swear I can feel it---it's almost like it's buldging out and poking my ribs........

Sorry for my babbling confession.....any tips of getting back on the right track???

We all have those times where we are weak. You just have to think today is a new day and get back on track. I stress eat too, so I know how you feel.

I think I am going to be sick....I so blew it on Friday (and over the weekend)

So on Friday...I was starving.....starving....starving....my monthly friend is here and I'm totally on a roller coaster.

I can't believe everything I ate:

Protein Shake

Yogurt

Soup at hand drink

Tator Tot Casserole

And then I walked over to the coffee shoppe...I totally forgot about my band...and I ordered a loaded hot chocolate AND a blueberry danish. If I needed proof that I have no restriction and the band won't stop me---I ate/drank them both. I felt so sick to my tummy after that...I didn't need to throw up I just felt ill from the sugar overload.

We went to the beach this weekend and I tried to be good but I snacked quite a bit. My husband pointed out last night that I was stress eating. I wanted to cry-- I didn't even realize what I was doing.

I have an appt tomorrow morning and I am going to beg beg beg for my second fill. I

Can anyone else feel their port? When I sit for too long ot after I eat I swear I can feel it---it's almost like it's buldging out and poking my ribs........

Sorry for my babbling confession.....any tips of getting back on the right track???

It sounds to me like you don't have true restriction. I have a graph (Power Point) passed on from someone on this site that can tell you if you have restriction or not. They gave me permission to share it. If you want it PM me with your email address and I'll send it to you. But remember, there are ways to "eat" around your band. It really sounds like you need a fill. Best wishes!!!

I would love a way to tell if I have restriction. Can I be included? :biggrin: