Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Delights 2009

Bellyfatgone I have that same problem, 2 pounds since 2/9/10. I lost 20 lbs in the first 6weeks, and I dread the question of how much weight have you lost now? UGGGHHHH!!!! I go for my second fill on 3/19. Good luck:tongue2:

Hi All,

I've been away for a bit...... I read a few negative comments on here and I just got so frustrated - not with our thread but some people's inability to accept responsibility and think the band is the easy way out.

Well, I'm back, tomorrow is my first fill but I have a funny story that's really why I'm here. Yes I've dropped a couple of sizes and I'm still shopping 'within' my closet. I even had someone not recognize me - it was so funny, she turned and said hey are you new to our volunteer group? ahhh nope been here every Monday for 20 weeks, maybe its the ponytail thowing you off tehe, tehe.

But that isn't even THE story.

I've been walking my cute little dog 5 miles a day - we break it up in 2 or 3 walks but it gets done. Sunday was a beautiful day so I pushed that to 7 miles. I brought the dog back home and decided I would go to this walking/hiking spot that I see people at and hear people talk about how beautiful it is once you get up the big hill. So I walked just over a mile to the entrance and started up the hill - it came to the fork...... left a more challenging route (steep) or right - flat route. Feeling super human I chose left. Oh yeah about 20 minutes in - WHAT THE HELL HAVE I DONE!!!! :scared2: My legs started shaking baaaaddddd. I took a break and decided with the just over a mile walk back home I better turn around. I didn't see the awesome view but hey I tried.

I could not walk come Monday morning (10 miles remember) - soaked in the hot tub and went for a massage. I actually called in to work people -I was hurting very bad.

Note to self - you are still a chubby girl:wink: - you are doing GREAT :) but let's not conquer the world in one day:wink: let's work up to it!!:thumbup:

tina, I know that feeling. Both of them, really! I have been frustrated, and I have over estimated my abilities!

I lost 2 lbs, finally. The doc is happy, but I've been frustrated with the lack of scale stuff, while my clothes are growing. Where the heck do the pounds go, and why couldn't they hide like that before.

Okay, so the scale hasn't moved in a week! So, yesterday I decided to measure myself. Haven't done this since Oct. I lost 14 inches all the way around. 14 inces of fat, people!!! Then this morning I was two pounds lighter. So feelin' pretty good here folks. Just wanted to share my victory. My husband keeps calling me "Slim" and "Tiny". God, I love him!!!

Scale's still not moving. Well, thats not exactly true, today it moved up 3 pounds. I should change my tracker, but I'll worry about that later. So, I had to sit back and take a good look at myself. What am I doing? Am I doing all I can to make this work? To make the band work for me, with me? What can I do better? And honestly, there is so much I can do better!! This weekend I'm going to measure myself, as I never have prior, and I think that I will be able to get a better picture of where I stand. I've noticed with all the holidays, Valentine's, Easter....we have a TON of crap food and candy lying around the ER. Last night, I wasn't even paying attention and next thing I knew, I had 4, yes 4 Dove chocolate Egg wrappers in front of my station, sure...whats 4 tiny chocolate eggs? Who/what is that going to hurt really? Well....thats 4 more than I need and 4 more that are slipping right through the band and not allowing me to move forward because I "slipped" My husband and I have had pizza a few times, go figure tuna and chicken get stuck and are hard to eat but pizza slides right through!

So, I go for my second fill on 3/23 and I want to be able to walk in that office with my head held high. I don't want to go in and not have lost a single pounds or heaven forbid...gained again. I gained 1 pound before my first fill, I don't want to do that again.

Here is my plan:

1) Back to basics, write down and be absolutely aware of everything thing that goes into my mouth

2) Continue my exercise path. No more, "I'm too tired" Whats a 20 minute walk even when exhausted, 20 minutes is nothing!

3) Weigh in every Monday am....and only Monday am, as the scale is enough to drive me batty!!! I've been known to get on that damn thing 5 times in a day and obsess like crazy

4) Take measurements of arms, legs, hips, belly, bust once a month

5) Start a photo journal of my journey.

6) Follow the diet plan my doc gave me. I did this to make my life better and by cheating, I'm only cheating myself.

On a positive note, I've been working out regularly. Doing about an hour 3-4 times a week with wii fit plus or biggest loser on wii fit. Recently I began the couch to 5 K running program. Today I completed Week 4, day 1. It was cold outside and I was tired as I worked all night, but I did it.

Thank you all for your support, I read this forum almost daily and I wouldn't be able to admit my faults if I didn't see we all struggle daily with the same problems. You are all my saviors daily in this journey and I truly am thankful. Thank you!!

Hi Amy,

Yesterday has been and gone and you are starting a new day with a great plan - I like your 6 strategies. You have had a long wait between fills, so don't beat yourself up - we need those fills to make the band do its part.

How true that we all struggle and we are all here to help one another pick ourselves up and dust ourselves off when we have a 'slip'.

You are doing great with your exercise.

Great story Tina. Promise me when you make it you will take a photo of the view!!!

I'm doing okay...still not doing everything 100% right but I am still losing weight. I lost 1 lb this week and I can really see a difference in my monthly comparison photos. I took my measurements too and I have lost 5 inches so far off my hips.

People are starting to notice.....I keep getting asked if I cut my hair but two people today mentioned the weight loss. I am at a total of 40lbs off my high weight ( not including when I was pregnant)

I am walking 2x a day and up to 3.5 miles...I have my second 5k on April 10.

I can't wait for my second fill next week-- I still only have a little bit of restriction...

Edited by New Joy

Okay, so the scale hasn't moved in a week! So, yesterday I decided to measure myself. Haven't done this since Oct. I lost 14 inches all the way around. 14 inces of fat, people!!! Then this morning I was two pounds lighter. So feelin' pretty good here folks. Just wanted to share my victory. My husband keeps calling me "Slim" and "Tiny". God, I love him!!!

Well, I believe that I've fallen prey to the same scale you're using. Mine hasn't moved down in 16 days....(Hasn't gone up either so I'll call that a blessing!)

I feel the same way you do, I've taken solice in seeing that I've gone down 5 pants sizes from a men's 54 to a men's 44 and down to a large instead of 2xl shirt.

Any way you look at that, it's a BIG win. From your quote above, I know you feel how I feel. Now to stay the course and let my metabolism take over so I can continue the downward progress.

I hope we all keep making good choices and continue the progress I've seen here with my fellow December graduating class!!!

Anthony

2 1/2 years to get insurance approval!

Surgery 12/3/09

Weight Loss after Surgery

weight.png

Overall Weight loss since 11/2009

weight.png

Edited by tmaiello

You guys are doing SO GOOD! I feel as though I need to stop lurking and post just so I can give you your much-deserved pats!! Mel, Viv, Tracy, Missy... congrats on the incredible losses! Anthony, you already know I'm amazed by you! Joy - you look awesome! For those of us who barely see the scale move, it's inspiring to know that the losses are coming. Tina, I loved the story... and your tenacity. You go, girl! Way to take on that mountain (and DO take a picture for us when you make it to the top)! And IL - 14 inches? Are you serious?! That's incredible! Yes, you are one lucky lady (your husband's one lucky guy).

And to everyone who is getting out there and moving - walking, using Wii fit, going to the gym, doing ab work, etc. - I applaud you. I really do. I have been having the hardest time getting-up and (I hate this word) "exercising". But I'll have you know, after reading the last couple of days worth of posts, I feel inspired. Matter of fact, my sneakers are on and I'm heading out for a walk. It's a start. :) I'm very grateful for all of you.

K

Edited by KarynA

And to everyone who is getting out there and moving - walking, using Wii fit, going to the gym, doing ab work, etc. - I applaud you. I really do. I have been having the hardest time getting-up and (I hate this word) "exercising". But I'll have you know, after reading the last couple of days worth of posts, I feel inspired. Matter of fact, my sneakers are on and I'm heading out for a walk. It's a start. :( I'm very grateful for all of you.

K

Karen, I have to agree with you that everyone has been such an inspiration. I haven't exercised very often yet, but when I read what everyone else is doing I get my biggest loser video on and get going. Thanks everyone for all the motivation and encouragement you pass on!

Karen, I have to agree with you that everyone has been such an inspiration. I haven't exercised very often yet, but when I read what everyone else is doing I get my biggest loser video on and get going. Thanks everyone for all the motivation and encouragement you pass on!

Belly fat: You didn't mention how your fill went. I like you have not lost any weight in almost five weeks. I had my 3rd fill yesterday. I now have 6.7 ccs in a 10 cc band. I ate a bit today - and I noticed some restriction but nothing major. It was only day two so I ate SOFT meatloaf but it went right down and I def think I could have eaten more than 1/2 a cup but I didn't.

I've only lost 11 pounds since starting so I'm there with you wondering what exactly is restiction.

It confuses me a bit. I understand stuff getting stuck leaving the pouch because that's the area squeezed together and small, but how does stuff get STUCK going in. I mean the size of my throat did not change sizes did it? More confused!!!

Scale's still not moving. Well, thats not exactly true, today it moved up 3 pounds. I should change my tracker, but I'll worry about that later. So, I had to sit back and take a good look at myself. What am I doing? Am I doing all I can to make this work? To make the band work for me, with me? What can I do better? And honestly, there is so much I can do better!! This weekend I'm going to measure myself, as I never have prior, and I think that I will be able to get a better picture of where I stand. I've noticed with all the holidays, Valentine's, Easter....we have a TON of crap food and candy lying around the ER. Last night, I wasn't even paying attention and next thing I knew, I had 4, yes 4 Dove chocolate Egg wrappers in front of my station, sure...whats 4 tiny chocolate eggs? Who/what is that going to hurt really? Well....thats 4 more than I need and 4 more that are slipping right through the band and not allowing me to move forward because I "slipped" My husband and I have had pizza a few times, go figure tuna and chicken get stuck and are hard to eat but pizza slides right through!

So, I go for my second fill on 3/23 and I want to be able to walk in that office with my head held high. I don't want to go in and not have lost a single pounds or heaven forbid...gained again. I gained 1 pound before my first fill, I don't want to do that again.

Here is my plan:

1) Back to basics, write down and be absolutely aware of everything thing that goes into my mouth

2) Continue my exercise path. No more, "I'm too tired" Whats a 20 minute walk even when exhausted, 20 minutes is nothing!

3) Weigh in every Monday am....and only Monday am, as the scale is enough to drive me batty!!! I've been known to get on that damn thing 5 times in a day and obsess like crazy

4) Take measurements of arms, legs, hips, belly, bust once a month

5) Start a photo journal of my journey.

6) Follow the diet plan my doc gave me. I did this to make my life better and by cheating, I'm only cheating myself.

On a positive note, I've been working out regularly. Doing about an hour 3-4 times a week with wii fit plus or biggest loser on wii fit. Recently I began the couch to 5 K running program. Today I completed Week 4, day 1. It was cold outside and I was tired as I worked all night, but I did it.

Thank you all for your support, I read this forum almost daily and I wouldn't be able to admit my faults if I didn't see we all struggle daily with the same problems. You are all my saviors daily in this journey and I truly am thankful. Thank you!!

This is good stuff!!! I believe it will get you right back on track! Best wishes!!!

I'm in the same place with a bunch of you. scale has been hovering at the same place (up and down 2 lbs.) for a few weeks now. I'm at 8 cc in a 14 cc band. I'm not really feeling restriction. I have had one of two 'stuck' episodes, but when I forget to chew well and it goes away after a minute or two.

Other than that, no PB, no slime. And weight loss is stalled. I'm not eating bad, going to the gym 3-4 times a week, and still nothing. I'm really frustrated. I know I've lost a lot of weight so far, and don't get me wrong I'm thrilled about that. But I'm really frustrated that the scale is no moving right now. I was close to tears this morning when again, no movement.

So - I'm counting calories again, counting exercise, and hoping that I see movement soon.

Anyone go to a Lap Band Support Group? There's one at my surgeon tonight and I was thinking of going.

Belly fat: You didn't mention how your fill went. I like you have not lost any weight in almost five weeks. I had my 3rd fill yesterday. I now have 6.7 ccs in a 10 cc band. I ate a bit today - and I noticed some restriction but nothing major. It was only day two so I ate SOFT meatloaf but it went right down and I def think I could have eaten more than 1/2 a cup but I didn't.

I've only lost 11 pounds since starting so I'm there with you wondering what exactly is restiction.

It confuses me a bit. I understand stuff getting stuck leaving the pouch because that's the area squeezed together and small, but how does stuff get STUCK going in. I mean the size of my throat did not change sizes did it? More confused!!!

Well like illuminationlady said, I told them to "filler' up!" But they didn't. They would only give me 1.5 cc making it a total of 4.5cc's. Not sure how big my band is...I have the realize band.

They really stressed that I need to stay under a cup at each meal. I said that it was very easy to do when I felt restriction right after surgery, but now there's nothing stopping me. It's frustrating, but I'll just be patient and wait it out. I'm really trying to stop eating at a cup now and I started filling up a gallon of Water to drink through out the day.

I think mostly I need to change my attitude about food....I want it all and I'm use to getting it all.:(

Anyone go to a LAP-BAND® Support Group? There's one at my surgeon tonight and I was thinking of going.

I just went to mine Tuesday evening. The coordinator (surgeon's wife and office manager) spoke about the importance in calling their office the very first day if you are vomiting, due to flu, etc. She said they just had a gal who band prolapsed for the second time! She'd been vomiting for 6 days before calling. So the coordinator said how important it is to call right away so you don't risk having to have surgery to fix the prolapse.

It was good meeting with everyone. One lady there has had her band since Sept 08 and has only lost 30 pounds. She is going in next Monday for another fill, but she admitted that she hasn't been following the rules.

I think having the in person support groups is great. You actually get to see the other people and offer in person support.