Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Why do liberals Hate Sarah Palin?

PG,

I don't give anyone a pass as you call it. They both said something that offended people. The difference, Pat said it about whole host of a country and what was said was not with admiration.

Oh come on! Pat said it about a whole host of a country and Reid said what he said about a whole host of black people. Neither said what they said with 'admiration'.

There you go again reading in your own interpretation not to mention the fact that you were the one who said you just can't interprete what you want something to say. Hypocrite. Read the quote again. Better still read the book and TRY to figure out the context besides the word Negro. Despite what you think, people using the negro word is not always racist. My parents use it all the time. Nobody could have interpreted Pat's idiocy for anything other than saying death was upon Haitians because they made a pack with the devil. Nobody.

Yes, that is true and the fact that someone would argue with that is just plain strange. Unless you take into account that the person saying it is grasping at straws to make excuses for someone with whom they share mean thoughts. Of course if you're mistaking what Reid said as being racist and you give them a pass, then that says a lot too.

This whole line of thinking is screwed up. There's no sense in trying to explain the differences to someone who used the comparison in the first place. Of course she's going to defend her statement. And if you really look at what she's saying, you'll understand why she thinks they are comparable. She excuses them both. Do you think she's just being generous of spirit?

Speaking of mean thoughts - here's another example of "compassionate" conservatism (an oxymoron if I ever heard one!!!) From the daily kos:

A few days ago, it was Pat Robertson who let slip one of the old myths about Haiti. God had cursed it, Robertson claimed, because those black slaves had made a deal with devil to get rid of the French. Don't think that Robertson made that story up on the spot. He had picked it up somewhere: from his FFV family, as he studied for his Yale Law degree or sitting at the knee of his U. S. Senator father.

Now comes Andre Bauer, Lieutenant Governor (edited--thanks to comments) of South Carolina, with the following wisdom, also oft-repeated around the dinner tables of the wealthy:

Read the unbelievable things he said after the break:

"My grandmother was not a highly educated woman, but she told me as a small child to quit feeding stray animals. You know why? Because they breed," Bauer said, according to the Greenville News. "You're facilitating the problem if you give an animal or a
person
ample food supply. They will reproduce, especially ones that don't think too much further than that. And so what you've got to do is you've got to curtail that type of behavior. They don't know any better."

This gives new meaning to the republican agenda of "Starve the Beast".

Any idiot that could state that anyone such as Hitler or Joseph Stalin could be given eternal salvation an get to heaven by asking forgiveness through Jesus with the blood of over 7 million victims on both their hands is simply a fool. I am the way regardless of my transgressions! Bull Shit, you Patty are simply drunk with your Religious nonsense. In the United States, The Mass`s are Ass`s and you should be elected their President! Give Charles Mansion a pass too while your at it, as long as he`s sincere and finds the lord. Your proof of my previous statement that the United States in being over run with stupid citizenry. A country of Pattygreen`s and Joe the plumbers. We would be better of taking away the right to vote since the Mass`s are Ass`s and replace our government with a Monarchy. I rather be ruled by an intelligent/ kind King or Queen then reside in a nation that becomes your Theocracy ruled by a pin head bigoted self rightious born again charasmatic evangelical mob. G-D said it, I believe it, That settles it! Wheres Darwin ....do we need another Monkey Trial?

Any idiot that could state that anyone such as Hitler or Joseph Stalin could be given eternal salvation an get to heaven by asking forgiveness through Jesus with the blood of over 7 million victims on both their hands is simply a fool. I am the way regardless of my transgressions! Bull Shit, you Patty are simply drunk with your Religious nonsense. In the United States, The Mass`s are Ass`s and you should be elected their President! Give Charles Mansion a pass too while your at it, as long as he`s sincere and finds the lord. Your proof of my previous statement that the United States in being over run with stupid citizenry. A country of Pattygreen`s and Joe the plumbers. We would be better of taking away the right to vote since the Mass`s are Ass`s and replace our government with a Monarchy. I rather be ruled by an intelligent/ kind King or Queen then reside in a nation that becomes your Theocracy ruled by a pin head bigoted self rightious born again charasmatic evangelical mob. G-D said it, I believe it, That settles it! Wheres Darwin ....do we need another Monkey Trial?

I suppose the 2.1 billion people in the world who believe as I do have been deceived. huh? ;) Either Jesus is a fantastic liar who has duped the nations, or he is who he says he is.

{quote} Any idiot that could state that anyone such as Hitler or Joseph Stalin could be given eternal salvation an get to heaven by asking forgiveness through Jesus with the blood of over 7 million victims on both their hands is simply a fool.

Any one who repents of their wrong doing (no matter what it is) and is truly sincere, will be forgiven and may enter into Heaven when they die if they are trusting in Jesus to get them there. YES! This is true.

Your destination is not based on your life deeds whether they were good or bad deeds. It is based on your faith. Only Jesus is capable of getting you into Heaven. You can't be good enough. It's not possible. Since God can have not one speck of sin in his presence, no one will be able to meet him, unless we go through Jesus. He took our just discipline for our sins and when God looks at us, he sees his Son, Jesus, and allows us entrance. We are free from the laws of sin and death!

One of the things that I appreciated about the Catholic religion was that they said that if you go forth and sin but were you were sincerely sorry and had no intention of committing that sin again, and asked for forgiveness, you would be forgiven by God.

But if you are sorry you sinned and ask for forgiveness and yet you go right out and commit the same sin again, it is not forgiven.

You ain't foolin' God if you sin but do not actually intend to refrain from commiting that sin again. And it doesn't matter whether you've accepted Jesus as your savior or not. You're not going to automatically be handed an insurance policy that gets you into heaven if in your heart and soul you do not have the right intentions.

One of the things that I appreciated about the Catholic religion was that they said that if you go forth and sin but were you were sincerely sorry and had no intention of committing that sin again, and asked for forgiveness, you would be forgiven by God.

But if you are sorry you sinned and ask for forgiveness and yet you go right out and commit the same sin again, it is not forgiven.

You ain't foolin' God if you sin but do not actually intend to refrain from commiting that sin again. And it doesn't matter whether you've accepted Jesus as your savior or not. You're not going to automatically be handed an insurance policy that gets you into heaven if in your heart and soul you do not have the right intentions.

Do you know how many times I committed the sin of gluttony in my life and afterwards was sincerely sorry for it? (7 X 77) meaning over and over, I can not count. Yet, each time God has forgiven me. (Thankfully, now, after the lapband surgery I no longer sin that sin.) The bible teaches that to recognize the fact that you are a sinner and are in need of a Savior is what's needed.

Matthew 18:21,22

21Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, "Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother when he sins against me? Up to seven times?" 22Jesus answered, "I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times

Luke 18:9-14

9To some who were confident of their own righteousness and looked down on everybody else, Jesus told this parable: 10"Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. 11The Pharisee stood up and prayed about[a] himself: 'God, I thank you that I am not like other men—robbers, evildoers, adulterers—or even like this tax collector. 12I fast twice a week and give a tenth of all I get.'

13"But the tax collector stood at a distance. He would not even look up to heaven, but beat his breast and said, 'God, have mercy on me, a sinner.' 14"I tell you that this man, rather than the other, went home justified before God. For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted."

God knows what is in your heart. I've known plenty of people who tried to impress with good deeds but they had black hearts. Some of them were ones who professed their faith the loudest.

God knows what is in your heart. I've known plenty of people who tried to impress with good deeds but they had black hearts. Some of them were ones who professed their faith the loudest.

True. You sometimes see this with TV evangelists who maybe started out with the right heart, but the fame and riches and lifestyle changes that took place from being popular may have gotten to them and their hearts turned against God. Or with people in your community who do the most wonderful things for others, but deep down, the reality is that they are doing it for themselves. Either the recognition they get for their kindness, or it makes 'them' feel good to be nice. Their motive is not for the 'other' person, but for glorifying themselves. Only God can know a persons inner motives.

I'm glad that our deeds do not determine our destiny, because if they did, noone would go to Heaven.

I believe that if Sarah Palin had been a man it would have been different. If this had been a man he would not have been condemned for an interview. Not trying to toot my own horn, but I think I am an excellent speaker, but catch me during the wrong time of the month or if I am sick, and you would think I could not speak at all. We are women, we go through so many emotions, and I am not a 100% at all times.

I believe that if Sarah Palin had been a man it would have been different. If this had been a man he would not have been condemned for an interview. Not trying to toot my own horn, but I think I am an excellent speaker, but catch me during the wrong time of the month or if I am sick, and you would think I could not speak at all. We are women, we go through so many emotions, and I am not a 100% at all times.

You've just promoted one of the arguments used by sexists to keep women "in their place" and that's that they are too emotional, can't function during their time of month, etc..

Sarah Palin was not caught off guard, she knew about and scheduled the interviews. And she came off as, well, stupid. And I think a man would have been criticized for it too. Bush was during his 8 years. He sure came off as stupid over and over again. There are books, posters, day to day calendars filled with his stupid sayings.

I said catch me during the wrong time of the month, does not have to be my period, unh huh, gotcha. I am a community leader, and I do a lot of dealings within my community, so the time of the month could mean anytime I am exhausted and worn out. We do a lot as mothers and women, you can not deny that.

Emotional does not mean we are not in control, for me it means that I have a heart and I do care. I am moved by the things that I see or hear, but not so emotional that I am not in control of them. However, I can see your point.

Edited by LLPlady3