Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Why do liberals Hate Sarah Palin?

patty: "Let me just say that the majority of abortions are done because of inconvenience for the mother. Not incest or rape."

That is right wing extremist rehtoric. You do not know why the majority of women choose to have an abortion. Please refer to my previous post.

pattyy: But I would like to note that you left out the rest of his talk about how he asks that people everywhere pray for them and give generously to them, and how his ministry plans to do the same. Also, about how his organization has helped the people of Haiti tremendously over the years, even before the earthquake hit them.

So that stupid S.O.B. can say anything at all and he gets a pass because he says people should help those victims of an earthquake?

patty: "But God uses these calamaties to draw those that have ignored him to himself."

OMG so heartless!

God doesn't control the weather. You remind me of the natives that worship the sun god.

patty: "You can not murder a life that God has created. period. Only God can take life from mankind. Him alone."

Murder happens all the time.

Lots of things happen all the time, doesn't make it okay to do it.

Capital punishment is murder. God is not involved. You do not understand the concept of Jesus dying for our sins. You have distorted it for your needs. You say you're a sinner and you accept that because you know God will forgive you. Well, murder, rape, incest, coveting your neighbor's wife, stealing, being mean to your neighbor (that one's mine) are all forgivable sins, by God. Now you just need to step down from your throne and allow God to do his job.

did I ever say they weren't forgivable? I said they weren't acceptable.

patty: "But God uses these calamaties to draw those that have ignored him to himself."

OMG so heartless!

God doesn't control the weather. You remind me of the natives that worship the sun god.

Did I say God caused the weather there? Stop misenterpreting what I say, or adding to it. I said he uses calamities (bad things that happen to people) to draw them to him. When you go through a terrible thing, who do you call upon? God. The first thing people say when there is an accident is "Oh God, help us!" When someone dies , we cry out to God.

patty: "Let me just say that the majority of abortions are done because of inconvenience for the mother. Not incest or rape."

That is right wing extremist rehtoric. You do not know why the majority of women choose to have an abortion. Please refer to my previous post.

Let's just say that the majority of abortions are not done because of rape or incest. That's not the majority. Are their millions of rapes that end up in pregnancy each year that end up being aborted? no.

Edited by pattygreen

pattyy: But I would like to note that you left out the rest of his talk about how he asks that people everywhere pray for them and give generously to them, and how his ministry plans to do the same. Also, about how his organization has helped the people of Haiti tremendously over the years, even before the earthquake hit them.

So that stupid S.O.B. can say anything at all and he gets a pass because he says people should help those victims of an earthquake?

Did I say to give him a pass? He wasn't very sensitive with his words, I'll give him that. I don't agree with him about what he said. But, he has every right to say it if he chooses. But, because he has shown to be a humanitarian and has done sooooo much for the people of Haiti in the past, and will in the future also, I'm willing to overlook it. (Just like you liberals overlooked Reid's racist remarks towards Obama because he endorsed his campaign and did so much for the african american people. )

patty: "Only God can take life from mankind. Him alone."

patty: "...did I ever say they weren't forgivable? I said they weren't acceptable."

Wait a minute, your posts are very confusing. First you say that only God can take life from mankind. Only him alone. Then in rebuttal to that you say what you said was that it was "unacceptable."

patty: "Did I say God caused the weather there? Stop misenterpreting what I say, or adding to it. I said he uses calamities (bad things that happen to people) to draw them to him. When you go through a terrible thing, who do you call upon? God. The first thing people say when there is an accident is "Oh God, help us!" When someone dies , we cry out to God."

Oh for pete's sake. You were referring to earthquakes, natural disasters, hurricanes, etc. Now you are calling it "bad things that happen to people" and repremanding me for quoting you when certainly inferred that he caused the problem in Haiti and other "calamities" so he can " ...draw them to him"

Don't you understand how someone could confuse what you've said to mean that you are saying that God causes natural disasters and things like earthquakes and hurricanes (bad weather) so we can be drawn to him?

patty: "Let me just say that the majority of abortions are done because of inconvenience for the mother."

First you said that. Then you didn't like it when I disagreed with you and so you said: "Let's just say that the majority of abortions are not done because of rape or incest."

You make one big sweeping statement and then you change it to say what you REALLY meant?

I think you meant what you said the first time. You can't prove it so you then post something that seems more acceptable because it is so general in nature.

We all post things that we wish we could take back but I wish you wouldn't get so upset when we suggest that you are wrong when what you posted was wrong. You act like we're crazy for arguing with something you said because you've later decided you really didn't mean it.

Well I think you did mean those things the way you posted them the first time. I think that you actually do believe that women have abortions for convenience and not out of necessity. And in the case of rape or incest or any other horrible cause for a girl or woman to become pregnant without her consent, you feel that the fertilized egg (because at that point in time it is mearly a fertilized egg - it is NOT a baby) deserves to get more consideration than the injured woman. You'd rather risk the life of the girl or woman than correct the damage that has been done to her.

Regarding Pat Robertson, you said: "He wasn't very sensitive with his words..."

Then you go on to say: "Just like you liberals overlooked Reid's racist remarks towards Obama because he endorsed his campaign and did so much for the african american people. )"

Do you honestly, seriously believe that comparing anything that Reid said about President Obama's campaign equates to Pat Robertson proselyzing from our television screens?

Do you honestly think that any liberal really cares what Reid said? Because he didn't insult and degrade an entire nation with his remarks and he doesn't tell all the world that he has a special relationship with God and he doesn't try to poselytize from the steps of a building in Washington. So I don't get the comparison.

And for pete's sake, for Robertson to in any way send any kind of aid to Haiti, does not make his inflammatory remarks toward those people just disappear. He said them and that is what makes him a giant S.O.B. who leads people down a merry path that will get them nowhere good.

Edited by BJean

Give unto Caesar whats is Caesar`s and (then) give unto the Lord what is the Lord`s! Execute the vile bastard criminals for their actions and then turn over their (imaginary souls) to the Lord for salvation or eternal damnation. By the way, anybody heard anything lately about Jimmy Swaggard or Jim Baker? Perhaps their in Kevin`s House or the Upper Room where their doing you know what! And as for being proud to be a Christian, lets not forget your proudest achievements....the Crusades, The Spanish Inquisition, God loving (Christian Lutherans) that participated and looked the other way during Hilter`s rein! Pattygreens comment will be, We Christians are not perfect or without sin, but we are Saved regardless by our Savior.

"Just like you liberals overlooked Reid's racist remarks towards Obama because he endorsed his campaign and did so much for the african american people. "

As I stated earlier, Reid is not racist. Nor were his words racist. He was accurate in his statement. The words "negro" was old language. If he would have said black, his statement would not have caused an uproar. That is not racist, that is a misspeak. Besides, black folk were not offended at what he said. Most said it was the truth. News people made it a big deal.

patty: "Did I say God caused the weather there? Stop misenterpreting what I say, or adding to it. I said he uses calamities (bad things that happen to people) to draw them to him. When you go through a terrible thing, who do you call upon? God. The first thing people say when there is an accident is "Oh God, help us!" When someone dies , we cry out to God."

Oh for pete's sake. You were referring to earthquakes, natural disasters, hurricanes, etc. Now you are calling it "bad things that happen to people" and repremanding me for quoting you when certainly inferred that he caused the problem in Haiti and other "calamities" so he can " ...draw them to him"

Don't you understand how someone could confuse what you've said to mean that you are saying that God causes natural disasters and things like earthquakes and hurricanes (bad weather) so we can be drawn to him?

I never said that God caused the earthquake. The earthquake happened because of nature itself. But since it did, God will use the bad thing that happened for good. He will draw people to him through their calamity.

patty: "Let me just say that the majority of abortions are done because of inconvenience for the mother."

First you said that. Then you didn't like it when I disagreed with you and so you said: "Let's just say that the majority of abortions are not done because of rape or incest."

You make one big sweeping statement and then you change it to say what you REALLY meant?

I think you meant what you said the first time. You can't prove it so you then post something that seems more acceptable because it is so general in nature.

We all post things that we wish we could take back but I wish you wouldn't get so upset when we suggest that you are wrong when what you posted was wrong. You act like we're crazy for arguing with something you said because you've later decided you really didn't mean it.

Well I think you did mean those things the way you posted them the first time. I think that you actually do believe that women have abortions for convenience and not out of necessity. And in the case of rape or incest or any other horrible cause for a girl or woman to become pregnant without her consent, you feel that the fertilized egg (because at that point in time it is mearly a fertilized egg - it is NOT a baby) deserves to get more consideration than the injured woman. You'd rather risk the life of the girl or woman than correct the damage that has been done to her.

Yes, I do. Why Do Women Have Abortions?

- a statistical breakdown*

Responses listed as primary reason %

Social Reasons (given as primary reason) - Feels unready for child/responsibility25% - Feels she can't afford baby23% - Has all the children she wants/Other family responsibilities19% - Relationship problem/Single motherhood8% - Feels she isn't mature enough7% - Interference with education/career plans4% - Parents/Partner wants abortion<1% - Other reasons<6.5% TOTAL:93%

(Approx.)

"Hard Cases" (given as primary reason) - Mother's Health4% - Baby may have health problem3% - Rape or Incest<0.5%

TOTAL:

7%

(Approx.)

Poll Fact: An April 2004 Zogby poll found that 56% of Americans support legal abortion in only three or fewer circumstances: when the pregnancy results from rape or incest or when it threatens the life of the mother.