Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November 09 Knockouts! Check in here POST surgery! :)

I'm almost four weeks out and I'm eating everything now. It slows your weight loss down but you feel more energetic. I've lost 13 pounds, have 80+ to go. I'm encouraged seeing the huge weight losses of people who are 6-9 mos out. I wonder what the average is? My doctor says not to count on more than 1-2#'s a week.

I'm almost four weeks out and I'm eating everything now. It slows your weight loss down but you feel more energetic. I've lost 13 pounds, have 80+ to go. I'm encouraged seeing the huge weight losses of people who are 6-9 mos out. I wonder what the average is? My doctor says not to count on more than 1-2#'s a week.

Yeah, I'm going to try and focus on only 1-2 lbs weight loss. I know I'd like to see immediate results but its okay if I go slow. I want my skin to pull back as much as it can.

Hi All,

Banded on Nov. 3rd, down 20lbs, and my doctor advanced me to soft foods over the weekend and then introduce "normal foods" afterwards. I go back in 2 weeks for a fill. I'm glad everyone else is doing well!!!

Way to go!! 20lbs down. Remember how hard it was to get off 20lbs off before? (I'm assuming you struggled like me). My first check up is Wednesday. I'm looking forward to getting the ok to move on to mushies. Tired of Soup already. How are you feeling? All soreness gone? Can you feel the band?

I still cannot get over the number of us banded this month! Wild.

I am 2.5 weeks post op and I feel really good. I only used the pain meds for 36 hrs after sugery and I only did it to render myself useless so I could sleep and no one would expect anything out of me ;o) it worked, I only had to take a half dose each 12 hours vs a full dose every 4 hours. I am a wicked light weight when it comes to drugs LOL. No I have a horkin bottle that will cover my great grandchildren!

I have a few ouch moments but nothing to write home about. I went to see my mom Nov 15 her 61 b-day, I try to stay clear of her the rest of the time because she takes a negative toll on me..... I wasn't going to go if I did not feel well since I have no plans to tell her about my surgery. So I took the kids over since they made her gifts. She actually seemed happy to see us for a change. The card with cash I am sure didn't hurt either ::snickering:: So after a while she asked if I could bring in her cases of costco Water from the car.... I looked at my 11 yr old, she looked back at me... I didn't know what to do. I told her actually I can't lift them right now, I had hernia surgery 11 days ago. LOL I lied, since I didn't have hernia problems, but that shut her up and she didn't question me... thank God. I went between meal times so I didn't have to eat. (normally I take her to lunch when I visit) I have lost at least 20lb since last seeing her maybe more. I was slightly hurt that she didn't notice but that is ok. Hopefully more will come off by Christmas and she can at least give me a compliment.... too much to ask right LOL.

That is ok. I am doing this for me and my kids. No one else. Since I have stopped the liquid diet I have been at a standstill on my weight, but have not gained, thank God. It is really hard for me to eat slow. I am trying. I have eaten too much twice, and was uncomfortable. So now I know what that feels like. So I feel like I am in training for when I actually get my fill on the 30th. Drinking was a challenge the first week due to the swelling but I don't have that problem anymore. I don't feel it anymore.

I am strategizing for thanksgiving.... I LOVE TURKEY. and stuffed mushrooms. ;o) I believe I am doing the cooking as I have every year of the last 10!

Anyone have some Faves they can suggest!!!???

I was banded on 11/18/09...2 weeks of Optifast pre-surgery, Clear liquids the day before surgery and full liquids for the first week post-surgery. Can't wait to move to mushies next Wednesday! I'd kill for an egg or something right now?! lol

Still having a bit of discomfort and some swelling, but I guess that is to be expected just 2 days post-op. I didn't realize how swollen I was until I stepped on the scale. I gained 7lbs while in the hospital and never had anything other then ice chips. I guess it's all the fluids they pump into your IV.

Just like with any other surgery, this too shall pass.

Excited about getting past this phase and becoming a healthier me!

Hey FJ! We had same surgery date and same pre-op/post op diets! :thumbup: Hope all is well. I feel kinda sorta normalish today... port very sore, but able to move a bit more. how are you doing?

hi everyone, I was banded on Nov 12 and stayed overnight just to make sure everythiing was okay. Being on liquids has been a bit difficult and getting the 72 grams of Protein they suggest you have each day has been ver hard The best I have yet to do is about 45. I have always been a savory eater so the sweet liquids are a challenage. Artifical sweetners dont agree with me so that will be challenging as well. I am looking forward to pureed foods ( sqash, and a bit of mashed potoates on Thanksgiving. Over all though things are going very well. When your 22 year old sons says hey mom what happened to your legs...they are no longer swollen and look normal wow...I know everything will be fine.

I guess we just need to take it a day at a time. :thumbup:

Hi i am being banded on Nov 25m, I do have a large umbilical hernia that is getting fixed at the same time as banding, i hope it wont hurt to bad,ouch!

anyway goodluck to all the ones getting banded before me.:thumbup:

Hi, freshly banded here! 11-18-09 in Austin Tx. Had the most incredible headache after surgery then the worst gas pressure in my L shoulder yesterday...But today was a new day and I feel great. I took an hour walk with my family. Starting to feel hungry. I started full liquids yesterday. I also added Protein Shakes today and have so much more energy! Good luck to us all!

HI Everyone,

Banded on 12 NOV 09. I feel really good. I ended up with a single incision. My port is in the front right above my belly button so, i feel it very easily. I have been eating very easily and plentiful. I can drink a glass of Water and eat 1/2 cup of pureed. My dr. said it was ok because I don't have restriction and when I do, I won't be able to eat much.

Brigette

Hi, freshly banded here! 11-18-09 in Austin Tx. Had the most incredible headache after surgery then the worst gas pressure in my L shoulder yesterday...But today was a new day and I feel great. I took an hour walk with my family. Starting to feel hungry. I started full liquids yesterday. I also added Protein shakes today and have so much more energy! Good luck to us all!

Hi Iwoman...I'm in Austin as well, I was banded on the 17th. Glad to hear your doing well, I am doing pretty good too. Did a lot of walking on Thursday...around the mall. LOL. Just been hanging out at the house this past weekend though.

I started the Protein Shakes last night...definitely a change compared to the Clear Liquids.< /p>

Hi Iwoman...I'm in Austin as well, I was banded on the 17th. Glad to hear your doing well, I am doing pretty good too. Did a lot of walking on Thursday...around the mall. LOL. Just been hanging out at the house this past weekend though.

I started the Protein shakes last night...definitely a change compared to the Clear liquids.

Hey! South Austin, Dr. Esquivel? Nice to meet you..let's keep tabs..have good night.

Hey! South Austin, Dr. Esquivel? Nice to meet you..let's keep tabs..have good night.

Yes, I was in South Austin Hospital...I actually discharged on 11/18 (had to stay in overnight due to my insurance) and it was with Dr. Esquivel. Definitely lets keep in touch.

I was banded a little over a week ago. I am doing well, back to work. My only problem is that one of my incisions hurts like a bugger! It looks great, not infected or anything but there is a hard lump underneath that hurts. It's probably my port (yep, I don't know) but seems more painful than it should be. I go for my post op on Tuesday. Other than that I'm hungry all the time. I feel like I could eat like I normally would. I'm not, of course. I'm just starting some mushies.

It's normal for the port area to be more sore than the other incisions. I was at almost no pain (banded on the 2nd of Nov) and then I did something stupid. My shoe lace came untied and I bent over (sitting down) to tie it and that hurt. Usually I put my shoes on while on the bed so I can kind of do it sideways. Live and learn!

Hola everyone! I was just banded yesterday! 11/20/09! I'm soo sore but I know that's the way it is. I had a hard time sleeping on my back last night cause I'm a stomach sleeper. My husband has been wonderful and I was well enough to go home the same day of my surgery. All I have to say is I'm soo ready to take my life back. Congrats and good luck to all you November fellow bandsters!!!

You'll feel better before you know it. I found the recouperation to be quick. It may be difficult to sleep the first couple of nights but by the 3rd day I noticed a tremendous difference. Good luck to you!!! :thumbup:

Way to go!! 20lbs down. Remember how hard it was to get off 20lbs off before? (I'm assuming you struggled like me). My first check up is Wednesday. I'm looking forward to getting the ok to move on to mushies. Tired of Soup already. How are you feeling? All soreness gone? Can you feel the band?

Thanks!!! It was so hard to get 20 lbs off before the band and it feels great to get rid of those 20. I feel like I'm back to normal. There is no soreness and I have no restriction, just will power. I'm going back for my first fill in two weeks. I can't wait. I feel like I can eat way more, but decide not to. How is your progress? I hope everything is going well for you and that your follow-up goes smoothly.