Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November 09 Knockouts! Check in here POST surgery! :)

Hi everyone,

I was banded 11/9/09. I was very sore for a week and 1/2. I stopped taking my meds after 4 days they made me soo sleepy and loopy. The first few days only could do Water, popsicles and broth. I could never finish any of them...I went back to work last wednesday (desk job with lots of getting up and walking to the copier). I lasted a 1/2 day and each day I stayed a little longer (My boss is soo suportive). How has everyone adapted going back to work and lunchtime with co workers or dinner with family? I have stepped on the scale once since surgery and have lost 10lbs!!! (20 counting pre-op) I am 10lbs away from being pre-baby weight which I havent been since 2005!! SInce going back to work I really dont have time to walk as much is anyone else getting in any exercise?

Hi everyone! I was banded on the 19th and am feeling SUPER gassy. I'm still having to take pain meds because of it. My lower back hurts and I keep getting these nauseating pains.

Anyone else having troubles eating? I can't tell if I'm still hungry or if it's a full pain, because I'm always in some sort of pain!! LOL Trying to get in enough fluids is really hard with the nausea. I was told I was gonna be on a liquid diet for 2 weeks, but I honestly don't know if I can! I am NOT much of a Soup person...I'd be happy with a little bit of canned fruit or mashed potatoes right about now...:thumbup:

Hi everyone I was banded yesterday 11/20 and I feel pretty good not in to much pain just my port site is very sore. I can hold down liquids pretty good, I'm on Clear Liquids for 48 hrs then full liquids for 2 weeks, then mushies for 2 weeks and finally soilds. I do have gas but it's just pressure from bloating I've been walking alot and that helps but I just took the gas x. Well good luck to all of you.

Hello all.

I had my consultation today, and I am scheduled to have my surgery on Friday, November 27, 2009. I'll be on my liquid diet all week, which means I won't be going to family's for Thanksgiving dinner (that would be torture).

Good luck to all of you!

Edited by Ya-Ya

Hellllooo! Banded on 11/10/09 in Austin TX and feeling great!!! Am feeling pretty much back to myself 100% now. I had gone through a painful week last week during recovery because my period decided to show up the day after my surgery-

Gosh, I never want to go through that ordeal again, ever! But I'm glad It's over with and I am back to myself now. I also experienced hard time taking liquids first few days, but after 4th day- was fine and got my hunger back in about a week.

Everything seems good- I had my first appt last Thurs on 11/19/09 Dr gave me two thumbs up, and LOST 26 lbs since pre-op diet!!! I'm hoping to lose 175 lbs. I have my first fill appt on 12/31 :(

So I am on the mushies stage right now... I was so happy to be eating mashed potatoes, guacamole, hummus, pureed sauce with some ground turkey and ricotta, oatmeal, cream Soups, etc... :thumbup:

Nice to see many people here supporting each other... that def makes our ride easier!!

:unsure:

Edited by MissWhitzel
add something

I was banded on November 19th. Initially it was hard for me to be excited about it, becuase my Surgeon express some concern about the placement of my band due to my anatomy. He felt that it was questionable and he is not sure if he will need to remove it. So my 1st postop day was awful. All I did was worry about whats to come. Well post op day 2 was better I have been trying to stay positive and hopefully it will all work out. I figure that I have six weeks before we know if my band is good so am just going to follow the diet and take advantage of anyweight loss during this time. :thumbup:

hello i was banded on 11-16-09... id like to say i am doing good.. but i feel terrible. i am still on clear liq. although i have introduced Protein drinks. ive tried to go with full liq. but end up very nauseated.

i try to keep a positive attitude for my family. but i sit up at night wondering what i have done to myself.

i am glad i didnt go with bypass at this point. so maybe with time things will get better

Hi everyone! I was banded on the 19th and am feeling SUPER gassy. I'm still having to take pain meds because of it. My lower back hurts and I keep getting these nauseating pains.

Anyone else having troubles eating? I can't tell if I'm still hungry or if it's a full pain, because I'm always in some sort of pain!! LOL Trying to get in enough fluids is really hard with the nausea. I was told I was gonna be on a liquid diet for 2 weeks, but I honestly don't know if I can! I am NOT much of a Soup person...I'd be happy with a little bit of canned fruit or mashed potatoes right about now...:thumbup:

I was banded on the 17th and I am also getting a bit tired of the liquids as well. But just remember this stage is important so we can heal properly. The first few days I was like yummy, soup!! Considering that I had survived on nothing but Protein shakes for 3 weeks. But now, I have to force it down.

I know what you mean about the confusion between hunger pain or fullness. I am also getting this weird burning sensation in my chest which I'm not sure if its heartburn or not (never had heartburn before). The gas pain hits me in the chest like a bullet at night and I haven't slept more than 3 hours at a time. On the up side I am moving around easier and it doesn't hurt as much to get up and down. Walking is the key. I pace throughout my apartment while talking on the phone. And yesterday I walked to the grocery store (about 5 blocks from my apt). On my way back, I had to stop and sit on a park bench because I felt nauseous and weak. You know that feeling you get in your tummy when nervous or feeling guilty? That's how my stomach feels the majority of the day. But you know what's amazing? I am still not regretting my decision. I am still thankful I was able to get this done. So just hang in there because lots of people on this site have gone through this stage and have overcome it. Stay strong and remember it won't always be like this.

@ MissWhitzel. I am so happy to hear that you are doing so well. Its encouraging to know that I won't be uncomfortable forever. Congrats on losing so much weight already! You are on your way lady.

@ kstacy. I am glad that I don't have a scale in my house because I know the weight loss is gonna slow down. I lost 23 pounds on the pre op diet so at least I got a good jump start. Its gonna be a struggle not to get on the scale at the nurse unit at work though. Gonna try and not weigh myself at all and just be pleasantly surprised when I have my check ups.

@ Moxi. Keep us posted on how your appt goes on Tuesday. Hope everything turns out perfect.

it seems IMPOSSIBLE to get the liquids in... i feel sooo bloated and full. but i just start sipping as soon as i wake up and sip all day until i go to bed. i'm not hungry at all, but im trying. my first fill won't be until january. 6-8 weeks post surgery

I know I have a hard time getting liquids in too! I just woke up and I'm sipping Water right now. I'm back on full liquids till dec. 2 then I can start mushies.

@Melloways - Thank you for the encouraging words. I also understand what you mean about the sharp pains, with me I think it's still gas pains as it'll go away after a few seconds of resting. I also still have a hard time taking deep breathes, when I do I feel the pain in my back and my chest.

I'm trying to keep this going as I know I'm not the only one who's going through this or has gone through this, but it really is tough. Soup just has never really been appetizing to me, so I feel like I'm still hungry because the only thing I really will eat is the Protein shakes. ugh...

But we'll get there! I find myself coming to the site for support more now that I"ve had my surgery than before. My husband is wonderful, he took 2 weeks off of work to stay home and help me, but he can't help with all my questions, and that's what you guys are for!!

Hi All,

I just wanted to jump in here and introduce myself as I could REALLY use some support. I was banded on Friday November 20. I am experiencing the bad gassy chest pain and it freaks me out because I am afraid its the actual band feeling this way and that I am doomed to suffer this discomfort forever. I know, a bit dramatic but reading the post here have helped to calm me down. Congrats to you all and I look forward to continuing the journey with you all.

Hello All,

I was banded on 11/20 and I am having the same symptoms as everyone else (gas, bloated, port pain). I have to force myself to eat/drink because I have ZERO appetite. I am on Clear Liquids for 2 weeks, full liquids for 2 weeks, then soft foods. Did anyone else do a Barium swallow post-op? Good luck to everyone.