Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November 09 Knockouts! Check in here POST surgery! :)

I had my surgery yesterday the 23rd. Everything went ok except for a reaction to the drugs. I had a lot of dry heaving which made my stomach hurt more.

Today the dry heaves are gone. Thankfully! I have gas pains in my chest but they said it would go away. I am looking forward to that!

I didn't have to do any barium test before leaving. I hope that wasn't an oversight. LOL

I'm glad it's over and I'm looking forward to a new me. :thumbup:

I had my surgery yesterday the 23rd. Everything went ok except for a reaction to the drugs. I had a lot of dry heaving which made my stomach hurt more.

Today the dry heaves are gone. Thankfully! I have gas pains in my chest but they said it would go away. I am looking forward to that!

I didn't have to do any barium test before leaving. I hope that wasn't an oversight. LOL

I'm glad it's over and I'm looking forward to a new me. :thumbup:

I am so sorry you had dry heaves, sounds painful. I made sure I was given a script for anti nausea meds because I was so scared of that.

Oh and I didn't have a barium swallow right after surgery either. However, I'll be doing one Wednesday at my first post op appointment. Maybe you have to do it eventually.

I had my surgery last Wednesday, 11/18. It wasn't nearly as bad as I had imagined. The surgery was at 7am and I was back at home by noon. I was very sore for the 1st 2 days, but have felt much better since then. Yesterday was my 1st day back at work and my 1st day to get hungry since surgery. I have already lost 15.5 pounds :thumbup:! I am on full liquids now, but really looking forward to soft foods in another week or so.

@ Miss Whitzel. Things are slightly better today. Starting a list of questions to ask the doctor tomorrow. I am ready to do my barium swallow to make sure everything's fine. My first question will be, where in the hell is my port? LOL. I have one incision only, right above my belly button maybe its still too swollen to feel? Despite all the discomfort, still not regretting anything. Thanks to this site, I knew it wouldn't be an easy process. I am gonna get through this and be a healthy KNOCKOUT!!

Dragon...I understand, I had my moment today...in the past few days just watching my family eat their meals while I'm sipping on some cream of chicken Soup and Protein shake. I'm so over the liquid part....but still doing it.

I don't know if they gave you the Lap Band Solution book but I was reading through it...about after surgery, and its funny...last night I ate and drank at the same time...yes, it was just cream of chicken Soup but I shouldn't have drank my juice w/ it and it caused me some major pain...right in the middle, near my breast bone.....ohhh I wanted to cry.

I was reading the book today...basically, I over did it and that was my stomach telling me don't do it again! And I realized...I'm getting slobber mouth...which in the book mentions that extra saliva is a sign that you've had too much too. So its time to start figuring out whats too much and whats not for me.

Other than that...no nausea, I have the suppositories they gave in a script before the surgery...the just in case. But haven't used them.

I also went back to work yesterday...but we'll be off on Thursday and Friday. So it all worked out. I'm feeling pretty good outside of my port pain...and when I over do it on eating. LOL.

I was banded Monday, 11/23. Not a lot to complain about, gas is coming down, 5 holes in my abdomen are a little sore, and I had a little dumping today.

Totally liquid till 11/30 using 3 Protein shakes and one other liquid per day. I am using the unjury shakes and they taste pretty good. Drinking them out of a shot glass and sipping for one hour.

Stopped my metformin diabetes meds cause my sugars are in the mid 90's. BP has come down too. Lost 22 lbs so far including preop. Gonna go out walking today.

I feel so much better than I thought I would at this point.

Thanks to all for the great information!!!

TJ

Dragon...I understand, I had my moment today...in the past few days just watching my family eat their meals while I'm sipping on some cream of chicken Soup and Protein shake. I'm so over the liquid part....but still doing it.

I don't know if they gave you the LAP-BAND® Solution book but I was reading through it...about after surgery, and its funny...last night I ate and drank at the same time...yes, it was just cream of chicken Soup but I shouldn't have drank my juice w/ it and it caused me some major pain...right in the middle, near my breast bone.....ohhh I wanted to cry.

I was reading the book today...basically, I over did it and that was my stomach telling me don't do it again! And I realized...I'm getting slobber mouth...which in the book mentions that extra saliva is a sign that you've had too much too. So its time to start figuring out whats too much and whats not for me.

Other than that...no nausea, I have the suppositories they gave in a script before the surgery...the just in case. But haven't used them.

I also went back to work yesterday...but we'll be off on Thursday and Friday. So it all worked out. I'm feeling pretty good outside of my port pain...and when I over do it on eating. LOL.

I think I'm just scared that this is how it's gonna always be (Even though I do know it won't). I've always been very analytical in my choices and sometimes forget to throw my feelings and emotion into it and I guess I was worried that this was one of those times and it's all a big mistake. I've lost 13lbs already in the entire procoess and am very happy about that.

Yes they did give me a book and I've read through all the material they've given me. But not so much I can do about nausea or anything. The Dr. doesn't want me taking any nausea meds or gas meds so I'm kinda stuck on that point. :ohmy:

Hello Everyone!

I have been watching as this thread grew and grew, and could not wait to add my name in this thread....Well it's offical, I am now banded as of approx. 2:00 pm yesterday(nov. 24th)! I am feeling and doing GREAT. I am on pain pills, but no gas pains, just general abdominal discomfort.

I brought my laptop with me to the hospital so I could post, but they kept me so drugged up, I was in and out of it. And after reviewing the few emails I did send, well I am glad I did not post and have you all read my ramblings.

Anyway, I am home, walking, sipping, and burping away!:frown:

It's sooo good to be an official Bandster now!:thumbup:

I think I've come here looking for some encouragin words as well. I was doing okay most of the day then after a nice long walk through the mall I feel sore and in pain. My Dr told me this morning that I could have a little egg and maybe some crackers to help with my hunger, and it did at first. Now I can't really stop crying thinking, " What the hell did I just do to myself?" I honestly had no clue it was gonna be this hard. I'm starting to feel like, I'll never be able to enjoy dinner time or a nice lunch with my family...

I know what u mean... i have had the same thoughts...I will be sooooo glad to get back to "normal" whatever normal is!! I have graduated to puree foods though. just trying to take one day at a time. It's so very hard though. There must be a light at the end of the tunnel. Im gonna keep on keeping on.

Was banded on the 19th. First 4-5 days were awful and painful but I've turned the corner and am beginning to feel great! Have moved on to "mushies" just in time for Thanksgiving. Not sure about any restriction, not going to eat enough to find out! Have a little discomfort after eating my mushies, they go down fine but then I feel kinda yucky. Hope thats normal. When is everyone going for their first fills?

Went for my 1 week follow-up yesterday...all is well and was given the go ahead to move onto mushies...had a little bit of scrambled egg with a bit of melted cheese right after my appt...everything went down perfectly...today I has some greek yogurt for Breakfast, a few bites of chili for lunch and 2 crackers (okay with my dr if they're chewed well) with a soft spreadable herb cheese for dinner...felt wonderful to have so many options after the strict pre-op and liquid diets...

Down 25lbs in 19 days (including pre-op)...feeling great! :thumbup:

Hello Everyone!

I have been watching as this thread grew and grew, and could not wait to add my name in this thread....Well it's offical, I am now banded as of approx. 2:00 pm yesterday(nov. 24th)! I am feeling and doing GREAT. I am on pain pills, but no gas pains, just general abdominal discomfort.

I brought my laptop with me to the hospital so I could post, but they kept me so drugged up, I was in and out of it. And after reviewing the few emails I did send, well I am glad I did not post and have you all read my ramblings.

Anyway, I am home, walking, sipping, and burping away!:frown:

It's sooo good to be an official Bandster now!:thumbup:

Yay!!! You are gonna have a euphoric feeling for a while. Enjoy it. Feels great doesn't it? I mean, besides the discomfort.

Was banded on the 19th. First 4-5 days were awful and painful but I've turned the corner and am beginning to feel great! Have moved on to "mushies" just in time for Thanksgiving. Not sure about any restriction, not going to eat enough to find out! Have a little discomfort after eating my mushies, they go down fine but then I feel kinda yucky. Hope thats normal. When is everyone going for their first fills?

I was banded on the 17th and will have my first fill on Dec 14th.

Ok. Day after Thanksgiving I am starting a simple walking routine. I am not gonna go by miles but by time. First goal 30 minutes. Will build it up slowly. Who's with me? I have an elliptical machine (aka clothes rack) not gonna go there yet. Lol!

I had surgery on Friday (11/20) and the doctor found and repaired a hiatal hernia. Had major vomiting after surgery so they kept me overnight. I think the vomiting was due to the pain medication because every time they gave it to me I threw it up and I haven't done it again since being released. I still have a lot of pain and tenderness and it's hard for me to decipher whether it's the hernia or the band. Plus, I have this burning sensation come my chest and stops at my collar bone and I can't burp it out...I have to raise my arms and take deep breaths until it passes...it is very uncomfortable and happens at random, not necessarily after meals. Guess that it's acid reflux or something. I had no problems with heartburn or acid reflux prior to the surgery, so I will be really bummed if I get it now as a result of the surgery...whatever though. I am also randomly dizzy. See my doctors on Monday (11/30) so I hope to get some answers. :thumbup: