Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November 09 Knockouts! Check in here POST surgery! :)

Another thought...Tell me what you are blending for your mushies, maybe its just actually higher in calories than you think???

Okay, I'm totally confused. I was banded on 11/17/09 and I've been following everything to the letter. I walk for an hour everyday and I don't eat over 1100 calories a day (still in mushy stage) I was told not to go too low in calories cause it could stall weight loss. I haven't lost any weight since my surgery. I started at 316, then got down to 293 on the pre op liquid diet. For my first check up on 11/25 I weighed 300lbs!!! What the hell??? So I blamed it on my period (I usually gain about 4 lbs on my period). Cause I KNOW I wasn't eating too much while on the liquid post op diet. So I weighed myself today (even though I said I wasn't going to) and I now weigh 296lbs. I don't understand this at all. I keep a food journal and keep track of EVERYTHING I eat and record calories, Protein, carbs, and Fiber. I'm gonna stick to what I'm doing and if I haven't lost anything by my appointment on 12/14, I know something's amiss. I'm a bit discouraged right now. If you are losing weight please let me know what you've been doing. HELP!!! Going for my walk after work. Sigh

Hi everyone,

I had surgery on 11/04/09 and i lost 13pounds in the first two weeks (of course i was on the liquid diet so that might have been the reason). Now I'm staying at the same weight. I'm not gaining (thank god) but I'm not losing either :w00t:. I started excercising this week so hopefully that will help. I'm trying not to get on the scale every other day also. I don't have any restrictions because my band is empty so I'm making myself eat small portions but I'm getting frustrated because I'm not losing anything. I have my first adjustment on the 15th. I'm thinking about about going back to liquids next week so I can jump start my weight loss again; but I'm scared that once I start eatting solid foods I'm going to gain weight again. Any suggestions?

Banded 11/23 and had my post op appointment yesterday.

I have lost 10 lbs since surgery, but the scale showed 15 on monday when I came off liquids only, so coming off liquids made my weight go up. Oh well, it will come back off.

I am on soft food now. chicken and fish, eggs, etc. Eating tuna and chicken salad at lunch on lite triscuits (crackers and toast allowed). meat and vegs at dinner. Most days I am eating 1200 to 1400 calories, and exercising off about 400 to 500 either walking (4 miles) or Eliptical (35 minutes).

I have a little port swelling, but no real pain. I have my first fill scheduled 12-30. I feel real good, am back at work a full day, and will fly out to San Diego for a week on business on Monday.

I think I have bounced back well. I have lost 25-30 lbs since Oct 15th. I have a goal to loose 30 more by Jan 30th.

BTW, If you have a Whole Foods nearby, it is a great place to find healthy foods...

Thanks to everyone for the info and support!!!

TJ

After my liquid diet I stalled, but like you did not gain thank God! I had an appt this past mon for my first fill and my kids got the stomach bug... so I canceled and rescheduled for this coming Monday. I am thankful since I got the bug last night and was vomiting! LOL found out I DO chew my food well LOLOLOL.!!!! Think I will stick with the pre op diet until after my fill! I lost 4 lb today LOL. So if you are coming off the liquid diet to real food you will gain weight because there is food in your gut... like me 4 lb!

Hi everyone,

I had surgery on 11/04/09 and i lost 13pounds in the first two weeks (of course i was on the liquid diet so that might have been the reason). Now I'm staying at the same weight. I'm not gaining (thank god) but I'm not losing either :w00t:. I started excercising this week so hopefully that will help. I'm trying not to get on the scale every other day also. I don't have any restrictions because my band is empty so I'm making myself eat small portions but I'm getting frustrated because I'm not losing anything. I have my first adjustment on the 15th. I'm thinking about about going back to liquids next week so I can jump start my weight loss again; but I'm scared that once I start eatting solid foods I'm going to gain weight again. Any suggestions?

Edited by HappyHomeCC

How much broth are you drinking? You know that stuff is loaded with salt and if I even drink a cup I will retain Water and it will show on the scale the next day!

I'm not drinking any broth right now. I'm in the mushy stage. However, I'm gonna look at my sodium intake. I think its pretty good, but I am gonna track my sodium the next few days.

Another thought...Tell me what you are blending for your mushies, maybe its just actually higher in calories than you think???

I haven't been blending anything. I eat non fat greek yogurt, tuna, non fat cottage cheese, unsweetened applesuace, high fiber oatmeal, low sodium Soup, egg beaters, and low fat cheese. No secret hidden calories, I measure everything and copy the nutrition facts straight from the package. I am gonna stick with it until the 14th and see if my body cooperates. This is usually the stage where I would get fed up and quit a diet and go get a fattening meal from a restaurant and have a few drinks. But at least now, I physically can't do that. I walked for 1 1/2 hours today to work off my frustration.

Hi everyone,

I'm in the same boat!! Not sure what my body's doing but I am gonna stick with it. I hope things turn around for the both of us.

The Dr warned me that once I started my mushy stage I might slow down or stall all together b/c there is no restriction. I got on the 16th for my first fill and I'm excited and a little scared. My mother in law suggested that I do the liquid diet for a day or two following the fill b/c she's found that she doesn't do so good trying to eat after hers.

One thing, I try and not calorie count everything. If I do that, I'll become totally obsessed and not live my life but be consumed with weight loss. So I go for healthy choices looking at the facts and just be. One thing I am obsessed with and trying to get over it is the scale >_<

I felt stalled after my post op visit. Lost 5 lbs in 3 weeks.

My head messes with me. I should of been overjoyed at 5 lbs but my head was telling me it's not working. I wanted more I guess. Reality is I would of gained if I didnt have my band and 5 lbs lost is AWESOME. Before the scale moved this week I could tell my body was different in my clothes. The way I sat on the couch. My belly was not as fat. I sat more "normally". I had a lap.

I was in size 3 X pants at surgery now they are baggy. I put on pants I couldnt even pull up before surgery this week. My tshirts are baggy. I feel better. I just have to get over on my mind. I am having success I have lost 27 lbs in 1 1/2 month with the pre op diet and banding. How cool is that?? Now with my first fill I even feel more impowered.

Linda

weight.png

I had surgery on 11/13. As of today my blood pressure is at normal range which it hasn't been in 16 years and I have lost a total of 29 lbs. including 10 lbs. from 10 day pre-op liquids. I had some problems in the begining and questioned whether I had made a mistake but just hearing my blood pressure number made it all worth it.

I think everyone goes through a phase where we felt like this was all a mistake. Til we step on the scale or we get that blood pressure number back. I felt it had all been a mistake pretty much up til my post op appt. I stepped on the scale and realized I've lost a total of 17lbs since the start of this whole process. That was worth it to me. I was in size 24 jeans and now I can wear a 22. Of course it's snug, but I can get in them! :wink2:

I think everyone goes through a phase where we felt like this was all a mistake. Til we step on the scale or we get that blood pressure number back. I felt it had all been a mistake pretty much up til my post op appt. I stepped on the scale and realized I've lost a total of 17lbs since the start of this whole process. That was worth it to me. I was in size 24 jeans and now I can wear a 22. Of course it's snug, but I can get in them! :biggrin:

Very true...I had my moment too, the first week in. Then today, to see my weight on the scale...and realize I lost 16 pounds in a month's time. I was like wow...on top of others telling me every day that I look thinner. LOL. :wink2:

I had a weird experience today... I work in an office and it was a really long day (everyone but me had to get to work by 1:00AM), so I decided to treat them to pizza. I'm waiting in line at costco to pick up the pizza, and the person waiting next to me is making conversation and asks what I ordered. I told him a pepperoni pizza, and he asked me, "For yourself?" Normally I would have been somewhat offended, but I realized a couple things...

1) It wasn't for me and I wasn't going to eat any of it (still on liquids)

2) In the past, it may have been all for me.

I happily told him no, that it was for my coworkers. I didn't really feel offended at all because I was so happy knowing that I wasn't buying a whole pizza for me. A total stranger doesn't know that I've lost 15 pounds, but I know, and that's what matters.

I slept on my stomach for the first time last night!! Finally got a full night's sleep.< /p>

Two weeks out from banding....

After the first week, all liquids, I was down to 335, started mushie solids and was back up 5 lbs by last wednesday on my post op. Stayed on the mushie solids all week with about 900 cal net, 1300 cal total (400-500 cal exercise) and the 5 lbs are gone again and I am back at 335 today!!

Moving into bandster hell weeks with my first fill Dec 30th. Traveling the next two weeks and I have a plan with Protein Shakes, tuna and crackers, eggs restaurants, and lots of steamed veggies and fish. Good thing my favorite hotel has a good gym and a chef that will cook whatever I need him too!!!

Wish me luck, hope to lose another 5 to 10 by the end of the month.....

TJ