Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November 09 Knockouts! Check in here POST surgery! :)

hang in there Melloways..... go clean the cabinets or something... throw away the temptations!

CLEANSE THE KITCHEN!

Oh my kitchen doesn't have any temptations. That's how I've survived so far. LOL!!

mellow you can do it! resist! You ARE strong!! But your post did make me think of one thing. I was banded 11.25 do you all think I can have a glass of wine Christmas eve? What do your docs say about drinking? Other than the obvious empty calorie speal.....

My nutritionist said wine is okay eventually. Just have to develop healthy habits first which takes a few months. The concern is that alcohol can cause you to make bad food choices as well. But I must confess (whispering) I had 5oz. of Merlot today...shhh. But I included it in my food journal and the nutritionist will see it Monday. Ohhh I am gonna get it! Haha! But I walked 29 city blocks everyday this week, so there.

My nut must be super conservative she said 1 year. I was like yeah right. I mean I drink socially but a whole year is overkill IMHO!!

I'm drinking my Protein Shake out of a red cup this morning...and it made me think of beer. Haha. I think that will be a trick I use at parties...I'll just put something good for me in a red cup and drink out of that! No one will know the difference.

I think if I drank I would be flat on the floor too... with the lack of all the food that use to be in my belly to absorb most of the alcohol.. I can't even imagine.

But I will have a little sparkling wine on new years... we'll see how that goes...LOL.

Yes a little will go a very long way!

Does anyone have the "Air Climber"? I am thinking of buying one.

I dont even know what that is? We have an elliptical it's an awesome ass kicker!

I lOST 20 GAINED FOUR DURING MUSHIEY KEEP DOING IT OVER AND OVER. i THINK i'M GOING TO 1000 SURE HOPE I LOOSE INSTEAD OF GAINING WHAT DO U THINK? hAD SURGERY ON NOV 23.

I dont know what everyone is blending in their mushie stages, blended big macs? How can you gain eating these tiny mushies? I am loosing very slowly since surgery day but keep going down and I have been eating mushies for 5 days now.

I gained during full liquids and never had more than 900 calories daily! I personally think it was my body catching up after losing 35 lbs in 3 weeks.

I haven't really lost yet during mushies either. My mushies consist of eggs, cottage cheese, other soft cheeses, grits, cream of wheat, oatmeal, and baked or mashed potatoes (limited to 1/2 cup daily). I'm following the diet to the letter, eating 70+ grams of Protein daily, consuming less than 1400 calories per day, and am still not seeing the scale move much.

It's just my body adjusting, I'm sure!

Amy

Good Morning November Knockouts!! Since beginning my walking routine, I have been inspired to start a project that has been done before but still is very cool to me. To walk every street in Manhattan. Not sure how long it will take me if I dedicate a couple of hours each day. I walk anyway, I might as well make it interesting. I plan on blogging my experience along with pictures. I need a good map (to track progress) and good sneakers and I should be on my way. Starting Monday!!! As soon as I start my blog I will post a link.

Edited by melloways

hello fellow nov 09 knockouts! i was banded on 11/17/09 i was 312 at highest 300 day before surgery and 286 on 11/25/09. I refuse to be a scale whore so I dont have a scale at home. I am just going to base off the dr office. I have lost some serious inches my work pants legs are baggy and i am down one size shirts and one size on pants. I am scared that I might of gained a lil during my post op diet... I have been doing good on my mushies but I have been hungry!!! so I cannot wait for my first fill on wed, (12/16/09). Anyone have 1st fill yet??

Laurita, I was banded 11/20 but first fill is not till 1/6/10. :