Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November 09 Knockouts! Check in here POST surgery! :)

Good Morning November Knockouts!! Since beginning my walking routine, I have been inspired to start a project that has been done before but still is very cool to me. To walk every street in Manhattan. Not sure how long it will take me if I dedicate a couple of hours each day. I walk anyway, I might as well make it interesting. I plan on blogging my experience along with pictures. I need a good map (to track progress) and good sneakers and I should be on my way. Starting Monday!!! As soon as I start my blog I will post a link.

That is so cool! Can't wait to read about it in your blog. I'm from Southeastern New York (upstate to you city folk, lol) and walking every street in Manhattan is quite a challenge. Good luck! :thumbup:

Had my first fill this evening. I'm kind of sore because my port is really deep and he had some trouble finding it at first. So he was pressing and pressing until OUCH!! (he found it). That wasn't pleasant at all! But once he found it the needle wasn't so bad. I found out that there was 2cc's in my band already. I had no idea. He even took saline out to be sure it was still 2 cc's. I thought I was just feeling restriction from the band itself, go figure. I drank Water before leaving the office and everything seems fine so far. He added 2cc's which brings me to 4cc's. My stomach definitely feels tighter and I am salivating a little more than usual. Looking forward to getting home and drinking hot tea. 2 days of liquids, 2 days of mushies, and then on to regular food again. The nurse was pleased that I lost 14lbs since my first check up on 11/25. So I have lost a total of 30lbs. Yay!!

Way to go on your weight loss. I go for my first fill on Thursday. I know I need one because I'm starting to feel like I need more restriction. All those foods that people say thay can't eat, it seems like I can eat almost anything and that kind of worries me because I'm afraid what I'll try, lol! I don't want to be so restricted that my food choices are so limited but I want enough of a restriction that I more aware of being careful. Does that make sense? Keep of the good work :thumbup:

I know how you feel Season! I was supposed to go for my first fill today, but they had to cancel because my Dr will be out of town. So, next Wednesday it is! I'm so nervous!! I have no Fluid in my band so we'll see how much he puts in.

Lately I've been feeling, especially after dinner, that I've swallowed a smoldering piece of charcoal, is that heartburn? My chest just hurts...and is that normal for the band? I've never had heartburn before so I have no idea if this is it and if I'm getting it because of the band..help?

I know how you feel Season! I was supposed to go for my first fill today, but they had to cancel because my Dr will be out of town. So, next Wednesday it is! I'm so nervous!! I have no Fluid in my band so we'll see how much he puts in.

Lately I've been feeling, especially after dinner, that I've swallowed a smoldering piece of charcoal, is that heartburn? My chest just hurts...and is that normal for the band? I've never had heartburn before so I have no idea if this is it and if I'm getting it because of the band..help?

Could be heartburn, best to check with your doctor. Are you eating spicy foods or Tomato based foods? I haven't had any heartburn since surgery and I really haven't had it much before either but my often people complain about heartburn because of certain foods they eat. Good luck, hope it goes away.

I was banded on 11/24/09 and i had my first my first fill on 12/14/09 and was scheduled for the second on the 21st but unfortunately had to cancel due to work.........I havent felt hungry since but i have been feeling very gassy since my fill

Way to go on your weight loss. I go for my first fill on Thursday. I know I need one because I'm starting to feel like I need more restriction. All those foods that people say thay can't eat, it seems like I can eat almost anything and that kind of worries me because I'm afraid what I'll try, lol! I don't want to be so restricted that my food choices are so limited but I want enough of a restriction that I more aware of being careful. Does that make sense? Keep of the good work :)

Thanks! Hopefully the fill on Thursday will do the trick!! Hang in there and don't give into temptations. I'm still on my 2 days of liquids and curious how I'm gonna feel when eating solids again.

I walked 58 blocks today!! Almost 3 miles. Yay!!

Melloways you motivate me to get out and exercise more. I go to the gym now but who knows, maybe I will walk around the neighborhood . I was banded on 11/20 ansd so far I have lost 19 lbs. My first fill is scheduled for 12/21. I feel as if I am behind, alot of banders have already had their first fill and are waiting for their second fill. That's okay, I do feel as if I have some sort of restriction. I am on mushies and I have gotten stuck twice while eating green chile chicken Soup (my favorite). I have a low profile port....anyone experience a fill with this type of port?

I have a low profile port....anyone experience a fill with this type of port?

I have a low profile port, but I have no trouble feeling where it's at. The person that does my fill though seems to have to press in hard to find it. I was sore for a week after my fill but then I was only 4 weeks postop so I'm sure that area was still tender.

We'll see what happens tomorrow.

Hey dont feel behind......I was banded 11-25 and dont go for my first fill till after Xmas. It's all individual. Actually my Dr wanted me to get a fill before Xmas while I was still on soft foods. I said no way....I want to know what it feels like to eat normal food before my fill, otherwise how will I be able to see a difference? I feel some restriction already even though I have nothing in my band now. I can just feel the band in there.

Melloways you motivate me to get out and exercise more. I go to the gym now but who knows, maybe I will walk around the neighborhood . I was banded on 11/20 ansd so far I have lost 19 lbs. My first fill is scheduled for 12/21. I feel as if I am behind, alot of banders have already had their first fill and are waiting for their second fill. That's okay, I do feel as if I have some sort of restriction. I am on mushies and I have gotten stuck twice while eating green chile chicken Soup (my favorite). I have a low profile port....anyone experience a fill with this type of port?

Hah, I was banded 11-27 and my first fill isn't until January 23rd! I would've had it two weeks earlier, but I need to go down on a weekend to get mine done because of work so I decided to wait until they do the weekend where the doctor's van will pick me up from the airport. That way I don't have to drive the 10+ hours allll the way down there, then back home too. Plus, I'll be able to fit better into the airplane seats! I never was too fat to go on an airplane, but it was getting to be borderline and that I'd want to sit next to my skinny friend so that there would be plenty of room.

Aaaanyways, my 10 days of full liquids flew by without a hitch! I'm on to mushies tomorrow :) What should I blend up?

Hello all heres my first post surgery post!!

I was banded 11/30/2009 my weight was 237 and yesterday i was 225! I have been feeling good i just moved on to mushies this week and so far so good. I go back to the dr 1/12 and hopefully i will get a fill. I am starting back on the elliptical machine tomorrow am. since i am feeling good. Only 1 PB since being banded. I drank too much Water too fast.. felt like i was going to fall over!! LOL Then after a few pats on the chest i was feeling much better. I dont hit the scale again until monday so hopefully there will be a little more movement! :)

I am so upset with myself! I have NO restriction and NO willpower!!! Today at work, I had 4 pieces of candy (small pieces but still!) Then on my home tonight, I had a burger from burger king! I just don't know what my problem is. I am starting to think there is no hope for me!! What am I going to do?? Next wednesday I go for my first fill, I sure hope this helps!!!

I am so upset with myself! I have NO restriction and NO willpower!!! Today at work, I had 4 pieces of candy (small pieces but still!) Then on my home tonight, I had a burger from burger king! I just don't know what my problem is. I am starting to think there is no hope for me!! What am I going to do?? Next wednesday I go for my first fill, I sure hope this helps!!!

Sounds like you are ready for that fill. You may find that changes things. Try not to give in to temptation. I know it's hard... I was close to losing it these last few days because all these treats are coming into the office. 'Tis the season for food gifts. Try to distract yourself and the feeling might pass. I know it isn't easy!!

I went to my first support group at NYU. It was great! I am gonna try to go every month. I also got a chance to meet someone I've been talking to on this site. Awesome!