Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November 09 Knockouts! Check in here POST surgery! :)

My energy has been great since surgery, but that's most likely due to the fact that I've seriously restricted my carbs and when I do have them, I try not to have more than about 30 gm at a meal. Otherwise, within an hour I'm literally falling asleep in my chair and dragging around the warehouse.

For the last couple of days I've felt just overall sluggish but I think it's due to the weather getting colder. I think I was a bear in my last life and I just want to hibernate when winter comes. :)

Hi, All!

I'm slowly getting more energy. I actually want to go to the Y tonight. That has to mean something!

Did anyone gain on full liquids? I lost 11.8 lbs the week after surgery and gained 4.2 lbs this week! UGH. I know, it's not a big deal. Just wondering if anyone else is with me on this one?

I started mushies today. I'm limited to eggs, cheese, tofu, hummus, cream of wheat, mashed potatoes, etc. No meat, veggies, or fruit. I'm hoping if I get my calories up a bit, the weight will start coming back off. Did anyone count calories during mushies? I was thinking of aiming for 1500.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Amy

I just started my mushies and I havent lost or gained so I suppose thats goo. I am going into it slow....full liquid all day then I;ll have a mushie at night for dinner....nice and slow.

@ timetobefree. Gaining weight apparently isn't uncommon. I lost 23 lbs on the pre op diet. But once I began full liquids I gained weight. However after a week on mushies, I began to lose weight again. And yes I have counted calories on the mushy stage. I tried not to go over 1200. I've been keeping a food journal. I've been on "regular" food for 2 days now and will be getting my first fill on the 12/14. Hopefully after a while, I wont need the journal and just will naturally make the right choices. But for now, I'm gonna stick with it. Good luck!!

Thanks, melloways! I also lost 23 lbs on my pre-op! :) Since you are back to losing, I'm just gonna have faith that my body will do the same. Mushies are like heaven right now after 28 days of liquid!

Amy

Started puree foods today... WOW.. it was so yummy! :scared2: I would have never said that before I was banded.

My cravings are back with a vengence. I miss cigarettes, my Friday night mixed drinks, and fried food. Ughhh!!

Good for you! Yum...what did you puree?

Started puree foods today... WOW.. it was so yummy! :scared2: I would have never said that before I was banded.

My cravings are back with a vengence. I miss cigarettes, my Friday night mixed drinks, and fried food. Ughhh!!

hang in there Melloways..... go clean the cabinets or something... throw away the temptations!

CLEANSE THE KITCHEN!

mellow you can do it! resist! You ARE strong!! But your post did make me think of one thing. I was banded 11.25 do you all think I can have a glass of wine Christmas eve? What do your docs say about drinking? Other than the obvious empty calorie speal.....

I haven't really heard anything except about the empty calorie thing. I can't imagine a drink or two on Christmas Eve ruining everything though.

I don't think a glass of wine will hurt you ... just keep your food intake good. try not to be tempted.

We are all going to have a GREAT NEW YEAR.... I AM SO EXCITED!

I have seriously noticed a lack of energy. About 6 o'clock everyday I find myself nodding off and I'm so tired throughout the day as well. -sigh- Maybe I need to work out more to help build up that energy.

@Socalchic - My husband likes me a little thick as well, but he'd much prefer me to be happy. He hates seeing me looking at clothes in the mall and then get depressed because I know they don't carry my size. He's been a big support for me during this whole process :scared2:

My hubby has also been very supportive. But i must tell you he wasnt on board from the get go.

do you all think I can have a glass of wine Christmas eve? What do your docs say about drinking? Other than the obvious empty calorie speal.....

Someone asked that in the seminar. My doc's only comment was that once we have restriction and are eating smaller amounts, keep in mind that the alcohol may affect us more strongly.

Hi all, Going to post my question here first to see if I get any feedback.

Background - Surgery was Nov 20. Had 2 weeks high protein/low carb liquid diet before the surgery. Supposed to be on 1 week Clear liquids and 3 weeks full liquids post op, and then move to soft foods. I have had a few days of food here and there (I miss chewing :scared2:) I am down 16-17 lbs since Nov 5, the day I began liquids, probably down 6 since the surgery. So not too bad.

My question is, I have noticed at times a pinched-nerve sensation in my back. It's that feeling you get when you feel like you need to crack your back (twist left and right, bend over or stretch to hear it "pop") What I have noticed is that I get this sensation coincidentally when a lot of time has passed since I have eaten.

I am wondering if this is a "new" type of hunger pain I will feel when it's time to eat? It is different than the old hunger pains that were in my tummy... like I said, these are square in my back. I am feeling it right now, and it's been since 10am that I ate; and it's 3:15 now... so I am going to go eat and see if it goes away. This has happened about 3-4 times since surgery and each time the pain has subsided after I ate.

Just wondering if anyone else has felt the same thing?

I am not supposed to officially go to soft food till Dec 18th, but I feel great and I know some are not on liquids for an entire month... so I have been eating real food (following normal LAP-BAND®® guidelines for portion size and chewing), especially when I'm out of popsicles and Jello.