Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November 09 Knockouts! Check in here POST surgery! :)

Hey everyone! I'm 4 days post op and feeling really great. I'm doing my Protein Shakes and pudding, yummy, and walking as much as I can. A nurse called me today asking how I was doing and I told her and she suggested I could move on so some, not all, really mushy foods and eggs to see how I tolerate them. But she did point out I would be on this (mushy/liquid) diet for about 2-3 weeks. Anyone else eat egg this early?

I did. I was not at all into the Clear Liquids w/ Protein shakes. I was getting headaches and the Soups were just making me really nauseous. So I called my Dr about it, as i was terrified of getting a Migraine (long story as to why it would be a horrible thing if I did get on) and they told me to go ahead and try some egg and maybe some crackers.

Hey everyone! I'm 4 days post op and feeling really great. I'm doing my Protein Shakes and pudding, yummy, and walking as much as I can. A nurse called me today asking how I was doing and I told her and she suggested I could move on so some, not all, really mushy foods and eggs to see how I tolerate them. But she did point out I would be on this (mushy/liquid) diet for about 2-3 weeks. Anyone else eat egg this early?

Yeap, I can eat eggs, but they must be "tender and well mashed" according to the dieticians paper work. But I gotta say they are delish to me, even in a "mashed" state!:Yawn:

Wow...you guys are lucky to eat so fast. I have 2 more weeks of liquids before I can move onto mushies.

Im glad to hear everyone is doing so well. My first week was very rough, however after the air bubble was removed from my band I just continued to improve every day. Thanksgiving was 2 weeks post-op for me and I saw the Surgeon on the wednesday before Thanksgiving. He cleared me for soft foods and to gradually add as I can tolerate. I have been eating at least 2 small soft meals daily and back to step aerobics at least 30 minutes daily. The last 3 days I have had 3 small calorie/high Protein meals and 1 evening snack of usually SF pudding or yogurt. Weight loss has stalled but the doctor told me it would this week. Im not concerned.......It will kick start again! Good luck everyone!

Hi Everyone!! I am new to this thread and was banded on Nov. 18th!! Feeling good, losing weight and starting to get myself back in shape!! Just wanted to introduce myself and start getting some support from fellow bandsters!!! :rolleyes:

Edited by lisa819

Hello November Knockouts!

I was banded on the 20th and it went really well. I had a hard time in the recovery room and almost passed out, but got through it. I also had a hard time with pain and gas for 3 days and felt as though I was hit by a Mack truck. The 23rd I was much better, though.

Now, I'm great! I'm down 9lb since surgery for a total of 24lb since I began pre-op. Not happy about waiting until 12/28 for my first fill, but I am determined to be successful during Bandster Hell!!!!

Last night I was able to sleep on my stomach/side. Not really all the way on my stomach, just my left hip. It is our comfy spot and I was so glad to get back in it. YEAH!!!

Banded 11/09/09

I have been banded for 7 days now!!!!!

Ohhhh so exciting! I got to sleep on my side last night too!!! On my left side where the port is! I was sooo happy! I am a side sleeper and I know this will make my nights better.

OK so let me ask you all this, can you start posting what you are eating please? It would sure help me see what other people are doing to loose weight! Like ccweeks, you have lost 9 pounds in 11 days?! WOW I am 7 days post op and have lost ONE I am still on liquid and have NOT cheeted once, all I do is have maybe 500 cal a day give or take and I am surprised I have not lost more.

I was banded on the 23rd of November. On Clear liquids for a week and am now on Full liquids. I am also having trouble getting in all my fluids and I am hungry. I see my doctor tomorrow and hopefully will get a date to get a fill. I don't feel restricted at all.

Having everyone eat around me is driving me crazy!

I dont feel like I am losing anything and my stomache is still swollen.

I am feeling very discouraged.

I was banded on November 19th. Initially it was hard for me to be excited about it, becuase my Surgeon express some concern about the placement of my band due to my anatomy. He felt that it was questionable and he is not sure if he will need to remove it.

Patience,

I've been thinking about you. How are you and your band doing?

I meant to post sooner, but time has just gotten away from me. I had my surgery on 11/3 so I'm now 4 weeks post op. I've been doing solid foods since the start of week 3, although I usually do shakes during the day and eat a normal meal in the evening, watching portions.

I started this whole process 10 weeks ago and at that time I officially weighed 260 lb. Six weeks later, by the date of my surgery, I was down to 246.5 even though my doc didn't require a preop diet. Now, one month later, I'm at 241. I had a one day menstrual cycle yesterday (first one in 6 years and only the second in the last 17 years), and I know I'm holding some Fluid so I'm looking forward to the scales doing another drop here in the next few days. If it doesn't, no biggie. My clothes (and skin) are hanging on me and that tells me far more than the numbers on that scale.

Like Scooter, I had no pain after surgery and took no pain meds. I was back to work the day following surgery and have continued on in the same manner since then.

The last week has been less than optimal when it comes to food choices as my father-in-law died last Wednesday and when I'm not at work, I'm at my mother-in-law's. Eating was sort of hit and miss although I did watch my portions and still made good food choices with the rare bite of a special food. My darling husband always did his duty and ate the rest, saving me from myself. The only really bad choice was to eat a piece of raw broccoli with some dip on it. Oh boy...that one stuck for about 30 minutes. Talk about pain. Oy! So, note to self...avoid the raw vegies for awhile longer.

Both of my older sons left today for their own homes, so tomorrow I am going to get back to a more structured eating schedule...a must since my first fill is tomorrow. I can hardly wait!

Activity wise, this is my busy season (I own my own business) and by the time I get done lugging around 10-25# boxes for six hours, the last thing I want to do is go hiking with my husband. So I've been calling that my 'activity'.

However, my 17 year old discovered my old Tae Bo DVD's and wants to start doing them with me. I'm thrilled since he needs to lose about 30 pounds and I could use some 'stress' relief in the evenings...and picturing someone I'd like to punch out while I'm doing Tae Bo is real stress relief. :smile:

Ok...that's my update.

Edited by ElfiePoo

Soexcited - I'm totally with you! I only had to do one week of pre op and lost 9 pounds. Since surgery (2 weeks tomorrow) I have only lost 6. Well 6 one day. 4 the next. I have been going up and down 1-2 pounds for past week.

I realize I have added mushies, but I am still eating under 900 calories a day and exercising.... so I'm not sure why I'm not losing. This is my typical day:

8 AM: Protein shake (160 cal, 15 gr protein)

11AM: 1/4 cup canned chicken w sprinkle shredded cheese or 1/4 cup chili (120 cal, 10-15 gr protein)

3PM: Protein Shake (160 cal, 15 gr protein)

6PM: 1/4 chili or 1/4 cup canned salmon (80-120 cal, 8-10 gr protein)

9PM: Protein Shake (160 cal, 15 gr protein)

That's 710 calories and 60-70 gr of Protein. I may have a 1/2 cup of oatmeal or yogurt on mornings when the shake doesnt "do it" for me, so maybe an additional 50 calories....

I think I'm going to email the nurtritionist and see what's going on. Maybe I need to UP my calories....

I had my surgery one week ago today:thumbup:, and just like ElfiePoo and Scooter, I pretty musch breezed through it. I did take 3 pain pills that were ordered , but I took those as nightime precautions. Baby I slept like never before!!! :smile:

I was on a liquid diet for two days afterwards, and went to pureed. I have one more week of pureed, and then 2 weeks of soft. I get to have solids by Christmas:thumbup: which delights me beyond belief. I was thinking I would miss the entire holiday season this year, but nope. So I will have my 1st test in restrictive eating. Christmas!

What I eat:

AM- Protein shake

Noon- 1 Scrambled egg with 1 teas. cheese ( cheddar or Parm)

Supper- 3 TBS Pureed canned chicken with evoo salad dressing and poupon mustard

(I'm only allowed to eat 3 tablespoons per meal)

Snacks- sugar free Jello, sugar free pudding, broth, flavored hot tea

( I often forget to eat a snack, so I most often don't)

I walk a half hour with one of my dogs, but then I probably put on a half a mile everyday walking at school. and I still am trying to get all the fluids in that I am suppose to, but I can't be to far off.

I went to the doctor yesterday and they took my staples out, but my blood pressure was back up (my cardio doc had me go off all my meds when I had my surgery to see how I would do), so I had to start my beta blocker again, but only 1/2 the dose.:tongue:

I get my 1st fill Dec 23rd and can't imagine them sticking a needle in this huge cut that is still far from healed. It is tender, but I've been able to sleep on it from day 3.

Is everyones still hard feeling too around the port? Mine is just a wee swollen, but very hard feeling.

I am down from 213 on my surgery day, to 206, and I am shooting for the onederland for my Christmas present to myself.

This is interesting , the catching up with all my November Sisters.

CONGRATS to ALL of you on all your VICTORIES !!!

Edited by GraciesMom

I was banded yesterday, 11/30. I am feeling okay so far, although today has been worse for pain. I have the gas pain and the abdominal pain, but managed to go out shopping today, mostly to just get some walking in!

I also just awoke from a pain med induced nap, only to hear my belly growling! LOL I will be on clear liquids all this week, next week will be the same with the addition of 3 Protein shakes a day, and then on to mushies. Boy, can I not wait until the mushies!

I also am very congested. I guess it is from the tubes? Anyone else have this? Been drinking a lot of hot liquids to clear out the throat.

Best of luck to all of you! Thanks for the support!

I get my 1st fill Dec 23rd and can't imagine them sticking a needle in this huge cut that is still far from healed. It is tender, but I've been able to sleep on it from day 3.

Is everyones still hard feeling too around the port? Mine is just a wee swollen, but very hard feeling.

I'm 4 weeks post op and noticed this evening (Tuesday) that my port has begun to feel a bit sore. I'm thinking it may have something to do with it rubbing against scar tissue since the incision is at the bottom lip of the port and that's where it's sore. I'll ask the doc when I go in for a fill on Wednesday.