Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Bandsters 2009

After reading everyones comments about the fasting, I have to say that I am glad I don't have to do it. I am at the lower end of the BMI so I asked if I could just do slimfast for the week. They said that was fine. I did it today and stuggled with just one day! All those who have done it for a week or longer ...congrats. That shows a lot of will power and you should be proud of yourself. I bet your post op will be easier because of it.

In less than 7 hours i will be banded and as you can imagine I'm soo excited I cannot sleep. Good luck to those being banded this week and a MERRY CHRISTMAS!

i'm post-op and feel amazing. I made a topic on here for a full report. :tongue: :biggrin:

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f178/i-banded-yesterday-woohoo-107250/

Edited by 65DueceCoupe

I am in Birmingham too. I was banded on the 14th. Who is your doctor?

Hey STL. I'm using Dr. Miles. Who are you using?

Got banded Monday the 21st.

Stomach really hurts.

Stomach is bloated and on right side you can see a huge bulge.

I have about 4 incisions on my stomach.

Dealing with heartburn all the time.

On clear liquid diet and cannot get doc office to call me back to see how long I'm supposed to be on the clear liquid diet.

Didnt' get to see my doc on day of discharge (Dec 22nd) because he went into surgery otherwise would have asked him a lot of questions.

In a lot of pain only when I move. Cant get out of bed w/out help from husband.

Will send husband to get Isopure and something they were giving me in the hospital called "enliven"? never heard of that but will have husband find that as well.

Don't know how I'm supposed to get any nutrients if on Clear Liquids.

My head hurts from lack of food which happens because I have a medical condition called Intracranial Hypertension (too much Fluid on my brain)

I cant seem to get my ticker working. I've lost 10 lbs but when I updated it, it doesnt look like everyone elses.

Edited by rbailey60
added info

I'm so sorry you are having such a hard time! I hope you get some relief soon.

eta: if you cant' get a hold of your doc, and have no instructions, I'd follow the lapband guidelines.

I was banded Monday, stayed overnight in the hospital and came home last night. Full surgical details are on Surgery Stories post. I feel pretty good. I'm on this rotational eating...2-4oz liquids, 30 min rest, Water for 30 min, rest 30 min, eat again. So I'm eating every 2 hours right now. Honestly, I don't feel very full after 4 oz and the literature is contradicting. It says to make sure you don't get your nutrients from liquid because they go right through the stoma and don't provide satiety, yet the first week you're eating liquid?? My stomach is growling and I'm quite gassy (to be expected) but, I feel pretty good. I can make it through these next couple weeks, I know I'll be just fine.

Merry Christmas early everyone.

I am a week out from surgery and feeling fantastic! I still have some soreness in my port area, but other than that I feel great. I have been able to start eating soft foods and that feels good. It is hard to limit yourself once you are finally able to eat. I took my kids to Burger King for lunch today and I made sure I had a Protein Shake before we left. I nibbled on just a few fries, so I think I did pretty good.

I hope everyone is doing well with their bands!

Hi everyone. I was banded successfuly on Monday the 21st. Everything was fine in the hospital, but once I got home yesterday afternoon I had terriible pain in my right side. I am trying to decide if it is gas pain or just general surgery pain. Other than that minor tweak, all thigs are going well. As some others said, I am generally not very hungry to begin with, so most of my intake has been Water, with a little Jello here and there. I am allowed to finally take a shower and eat cream Soup tomorrow, and I cant watit! I hope to hear what others think about the pain issue....definitely stinks!

A little late getting on here but I got my surgery date last week... I go in the 29th!! They moved things real quick to get me done this year but I must admit, Im starting to get freaked out by the whole thing now that I know WHEN its gonna happen!

Hey guys I was banded Friday 12/18 and today is the first day I actually could get out of bed and get on the computer lol The first 3 days I slept constantly probably because I was taking my oxycodein every 4 hours regardless if I was in pain or not I just didn't want to find out and have to wait for it to kick in. I was a little suprised as to how I felt when I woke up from the surgery. I guess I was expecting to have some pain and discomfort but I felt horrible(kinda of like I would think you would feel after being backed over by a semi lol) and the pain was right in the center of my chest area the nurse said it was gas but it felt like I could only imagine having a heart attach would feel like--- I also felt nauseous and my chest burned They made me sit up right away and start taking deep breaths to clear the anesthesia out of my lungs I wanted to sleep so badly or at least lay down but I had to go have my barrium test. I was banded at 10 am and home by 4. I am sure I will be happy I had this done once I start to feel better but I still feel weak, tired, hungry and gas pains have settled to left shoulder and neck area. I have seen where people have said they have gone back to work after 3 or 4 days but I can not even imagine working right now or even in the next few days but then again maybe I am just a wimp lol :)

I'm so sorry you are having such a hard time! I hope you get some relief soon.

eta: if you cant' get a hold of your doc, and have no instructions, I'd follow the LAP-BAND® guidelines.

Well doc office never returned my call, they must be gone for the holidays.

Do you have a big bulge on your right side as well?

That bulge is the only area that hurts.

I can't get out of bed w/out my husband's assistance.

Now I have painful gas pains. I'll try to walk more.

I'm not going back to work until January 4th.

There's no way I'd be ready for work on Dec 28th so I cannot understand how some people are ready for work within 4 days?

Sorry to hear those of you who are having a tough time getting back to normal.

I generally bounce back pretty quick after surgery. I feel really lucky to be one of the ones who went right back to work. Surgery on Thursday and back to work on Monday.

I must be crazy, but I go in for surgery again a week from today to have my wisdom teeth taken out. EEK. I'm more scared for that than I was the band.

For those of you who are back to eating a half way normal diet: How do you make it through the day without getting hungry all the time. I am on soft foods and it seems like I am starving. I am trying to limit my intake and not have many Snacks through the day.

Well as of yesterday at noon, I'm offically a bandster! :):thumbup:

I'm home after an overnight stay and I'm so bloated! I've been walking A LOT and have a heating pad but wow...I'm full of gas! heehee

I blogged my entire experience. You're mom than welcome to drop by.

Good luck to the rest of you December Bandsters, YOU CAN DO THIS!

My blog: http://agirlnamedsweetpete.blogspot.com/2009/12/lap-band-surgery-recovery.html

*Please let me know if I inadvertently omitted someone... or if there's a new December Bandster to add.

Week 1

Tuesday, December 1: Melinco (date tbd)

Wednesday, December 2: garden-nut, yosemite

Thursday, December 3: tbird1211, dmdsanchez, suzycooke, mommymya, sxygma130

Friday, December 4: kslessar, KarynA

Week 2

Monday, December 7: lackey4, RadioGirl311, skinnybitch

Tuesday, December 8

Wednesday, December 9: michelleintheoc

Thursday, December 10: msjoachin1

Friday, December 11

Week 3

Monday, December 14: j-mae, Drasan (date tbd)

Tuesday, December 15: voodoo, BigMomma

Wednesday, December 16

Thursday, December 17: librarychick

Friday, December 18: bren5500

Week 4

Monday, December 21: hunybear53

Tuesday, December 22: illuminationlady

Wednesday, December 23

Thursday, December 24

Friday, December 25

I'm December 24th. :)