Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Bandsters 2009

CONGRATS on your sucessful surgery and minimal pain! Get some rest.... I am counting down to Monday... :sad:

Last night and this morning have been rough, very nauseous and shaky and port site really throbs, Just tok some pain medication, should feel better soon.

Terri

Last night and this morning have been rough, very nauseous and shaky and port site really throbs, Just tok some pain medication, should feel better soon.

Terri

Awww, I'm sorry to hear that. How are you doing with your liquids? Have you tried a heating pad? *gentle hugs*

Surgery went great yesterday! I was so nervous before I left, but then after they hooked me up to an IV, I realized it was no turning back! I arrived at 11:30 and left at 6:30. They found that I had a hiatal hernia and a hole in my esophogus, which Dr. Hollis fixed during surgery. Incisions are sore, and the gas is awful, but over all feeling pretty good! Thanks to all!

GREAT to hear! Congrats and get some rest! :sad:

good luck to everyone getting banded tomorow ,kep in touch i am going on the 7th,i need support getting nervous here.....someone mentioned no Jello after surgery i was told i could have it????who know s thanks for all the support people Larry

Larry, the meals they served me wwre all the same, jello, consume and apple juice

Terri

Awww, I'm sorry to hear that. How are you doing with your liquids? Have you tried a heating pad? *gentle hugs*

I have had a hot water bottle on my tummy and haven't drank much today since I slept in, sippin non stop when I

am a awake

Terri

Hello all. Regarding the bad tasting Protein Drinks and supplements for the pre op and some post op diets; I experienced that when I bought into Medfast. Wow, that stuff makes you want to gag. I read on this forum about other examples of similar products that are just horrible to take. I remember way back when how good Optifast tasted. If you are not familiar with this it is premised on the high Protein, low cal, low carb principle. Of course obviously I didn’t sustain the weight loss or else why this ha ha? Well Optifast is hard to get without entering an expensive Dr. supervised program. There are, however, online alternatives. It and other similar products can be bought with permission from your doctor. I chose one called Nutrimed that gives me 75gm of protein/day. It tastes okay and is an Optifast clone for less money. I get it from North Star Weigh loss.com. They are wonderful to work with and have other bariatric products. I am on day 3 of the pre-op diet and at least now I am eager for the next drink instead of dreading it. So you folks who were scheduled for surgery on Dec. 2 and 3, how ya doin’??

congrats to the all the post-ops. I wish you much success. You guys make me wish my surgery was sooner than Dec. 22. I'm so excited. I'm going to kick this weight for good.

Tomorrow is the day! AAAHHH!

And I'm a little crabby today.... unexpectedly. I was totally pumped yesterday, but this morning at Breakfast I snapped at my poor hubby. I must be mourning the bacon, realizing this was my last "real" breakfast in a long time. :sad: (my pre-op diet is low-carb)

I need some advice..... I woke up yesterday with sinus congestion and a bit of sore throat (probably from the drainage). It's a little better today, but not great. I don't have a fever. Do I call my surgeon? I afraid if I call they'll cancel.

Best wishes on everyone who's day is today - you are in my thoughts!

I agree about the support. I'm a teacher curently on disablity. Part of why I'm doing this is to get back to work. I need knee replacment surgery and they won't do it until I'm under 200. Soooo, I need three surgeries before returning to work. First the LAP-BAND®, then both knees, which I hear is a lengthy recovery. But I've accepted it and keep on...keepin on....:sad:

i have the same problem you have, i need to lose before i get my knees done

Here's the updated list. What a nice lookin' bunch! :sad: Let me know if I missed anyone!

Week 1

Monday, November 30: Electrawoman

Tuesday, December 1: RandaPanda, TheCutestFatty, terriamn, diana1, LALALUDE (tbd), great expectations (tbd), oceancity4me (tbd)

Wednesday, December 2: garden-nut, yosemite, Su59, Bobbie0918, austrolatrishy, take charge time, michelleisaac, nurseb24, lcdragna, BeeSwank, iamdabozz205

Thursday, December 3: tbird1211, dmdsanchez, suzycooke, mommymya, sxygma130, Claudean, lapfish, homewith2, ganda, adevong, RAinNH, iza0403

Friday, December 4: kslessar, KarynA, cent, juke, syly14, NurseRachel, MyOldSelfBack, 1skinnychick, Razorgirl, mkmelissag

Week 2

Monday, December 7: lackey4, RadioGirl311, HappyMe2009, lpglarry, realtruelady, Yolly, kimr55760, Maureen62, gkc1300

Tuesday, December 8: Zanath, Veronda, this.is.4.me, pinklily27, cheley31

Wednesday, December 9: michelleintheoc, Irishbookworm, nursejojo, Pam92, tdtucker, SwanGal, ladons

Thursday, December 10: msjoachin1, kellu25, karin joseph, AnastasiaBeaverhausen, harleyhottie0612

Friday, December 11: Ernieschick, mmh, LindaO, sarahnoh, Kathryn2003, LindaO, Poppyred, texasnewf, soontobe, bounser, texasnewf

Week 3

Monday, December 14: j-mae, Drasan (tbd), ceecee3272 (tbd), hhcurious, seraiah3

Tuesday, December 15: voodoo, BigMomma, slmsister, TinaM, ididit35, GoneFishin, sluggo, alilash (tbd)

Wednesday, December 16: cin_a_mon

Thursday, December 17: librarychick, adagray, TracyW2, Melinco, drumr2112, ChaosIsOrder

Friday, December 18: bren5500; policy34, blondie219, kimmi0919

Week 4

Monday, December 21: hunybear53. abbylamb, great expectations, ymjackson1

Tuesday, December 22: illuminationlady, kimwash71112, NolaLola, Bamablondie1, 65DeuceCoupe, liz.rochelle, mandze90, charole'

Wednesday, December 23: danielle.hurstcrose

Thursday, December 24: teenbndster12

Friday, December 25

Week 5

Monday, December 28: alicia3138, tracyv12, Bamablondie1, XxMariposaxX

Tuesday, December 29:jrene17, Kaitoujeff

Wednesday, December 30: TN_girl21, HapiCat, stampstalker, smitten kitten

Thursday, December 31

hey girl good job on the list, and good luck tomorow, i know you'll be fine i am going on the 7 th ,keep in touch larry

Best wishes and hugs to kslessar, KarynA, cent, juke, syly14, NurseRachel, MyOldSelfBack, 1skinnychick, Razorgirl, mkmelissag

on your surgery tomorrow. Tomorrow is the first day of the rest of your life!!! Let us know as soon as you can how it went. Hugs and prayers to you.

Thank you so much!

I guess I'm up! Wow, did that time fly by, or what?! By this time tomorrow I should be dressed, prepped and ready for surgery at noon (pst). I greatly appreciate the well wishes and prayers. Knowing you're all out there really helps.

*Thinking of kslessar who is, I believe, the first 12/4 bandster in surgery... in just a few hours from now.

Isn't this exciting?!

Edited by KarynA
dyslexia! :)

LIVE from my hospital bed..... I'm a newly banded girl now! :w00t:

Surgery at 8:00 am this morning. Procedure took about 2 hours total. Now out of recovery and in a room for overnight.

Pain is very manageable so far. Lot of pressure and hard to move around, but I've been up and walking so far and it's much better than I anticipated.

Best Wishes to everyone else who is today and tomorrow!!

Congrats tbird! Wow - too bad there's no live video feed! :w00t:

See? A walk in the park... I'm so glad!