Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Bandsters 2009

I am home from surgery, stayed one night in the hospital, have 6 incision spots, 5 are about an inch long and the 6th where the port is is about 3 to 4 inches long. No stitches they used super glue. Really feeling pretty darn good in fact much better then anticipated. Pain medication is a combo of Tylenol and Oxic.. something or another. Will remain on clear liquid till next Tuesday when I go in for check up. Terri

CONGRATS on your sucessful surgery and minimal pain! Get some rest.... I am counting down to Monday... :tongue2:

My stomach just turned into knots. I just realized that by tomorrow this time I will either be banded or still in surgery......

GULP! Ok, now I'm more nervous than excited....:P

I am home from surgery, Will remain on clear liquid till next Tuesday when I go in for check up. Terri

T-Bird, I know exactly how you feel. I'm soooo nervous. I can't wait to wake up and see it's all done though :tongue2::biggrin:

Just having my last Breakfast Optifast shake. Now that excites me!!!

Terri, so glad to hear all went well. Sounds like you've started off to a speedy recovery, I hope that continues.

I am home from surgery, stayed one night in the hospital, have 6 incision spots, 5 are about an inch long and the 6th where the port is is about 3 to 4 inches long. No stitches they used super glue. Really feeling pretty darn good in fact much better then anticipated. Pain medication is a combo of Tylenol and Oxic.. something or another. Will remain on clear liquid till next Tuesday when I go in for check up. Terri

Congrats Terri!! I'm glad everything went well and you are feeling so good :tongue2:

Harley, my doctor is going to give me a pain pump, so he said I should be good going home. Also, it's same day surgery, in fact, I'll go in at 6:00 am, surgery at 7:30, and should be home shortly after 12:00 noon.

HTH!

Wow! My computer was down for one day and I had 4 pages to read!! And people are now banded!!! Yeah for all of you. Hearing your experiences has made my mind at ease (a little)...lol...Prayers and hugs to all who are going tomorrow. My preop EKG and bloodwork are tomorrow and as of today I've been smoke free for 3 weeks! Can you believe it? How time flies.

ps. I've started a thread in Post Op called December Delights2009.

Eeekkk my surgery is a week away. The 9th!! I am nervous as all get out. I am excited too, though.

Praying we all do great!

As I write this I know that one of you is recovering right now and another will be in surgery tomorrow. I wish you and everyone else in this exclusive club of ours the very best. Count me in for the December group. December 15 is the date for me. I'm on day 2 of pre-op liquid diet. I am doing something that is just like Optifast and is a high Protein Drink X 5 per day. It's not fun but not impossible either. It's only another step in the journey. My wife said I was irritable last night so I blamed the diet. I wonder how long I can play that card?

I had my first shake today.. I'm using "Designer Whey" the vanilla was awful, I don't know what they meant by "Great Taste" - to WHO!?!?! lol

Even with the vanilla extract, strawberries and ice added in it was still on the not so good tasting side.

My bodybuilder friend told me to try dessert delights, same powder but in flavors like banana pudding, Carrot Cake, etc.. we'll see how it goes, I'm going to try making the shake with yogurt and ice to see if that improves it at all.

She's given be all types of recipes for these shakes but now it's actually time to drink them.. ick.. lol I can do it, I can do it!

I'm in such a good mood today! I'm feeling like HappyMe's avatar (but I settled for this one)! I'm sure the nerves will come back when I leave for the surgi-center (Friday am), but for now, I'm good.

God bless.

Sooo.. I had my last pre-op appointment a few hours ago. Everything's great - all lights are green! I even have blue pen marks on my stomach from where my doctor made little lines to show me where and how big the incisions will be. I chose the Allergan Lap Band (over Realize) - for no good reason. I'm sure they're equally as good and work equally as well. They told me many things I was expecting to hear - wear comfy clothes... no underwire... don't eat or drink anything after midnight (12/3). And two things I wasn't - no showering/bathing for 7 - 10 days (eww!... I can spongebath though) and absolutely no Jello after surgery. I hadn't heard that before. I meant to ask why but forgot...

My overall feeling was that they have done SO many of these and are SO good at this, that it would be nearly impossible for theings not to go well. Being there just really put my nerves at ease, kind of like hearing back from the newly banded. Speaking of...

terriamn!... so glad to hear that you're home and that it went well! Way to go! :sad:

Hmm... Is it time for an updated list?!

I'm in such a good mood today! I'm feeling like HappyMe's avatar (but I settled for this one)! I'm sure the nerves will come back when I leave for the surgi-center (Friday am), but for now, I'm good.

God bless.

Sooo.. I had my last pre-op appointment a few hours ago. Everything's great - all lights are green! I even have blue pen marks on my stomach from where my doctor made little lines to show me where and how big the incisions will be. I chose the Allergan LAP-BAND® (over Realize) - for no good reason. I'm sure they're equally as good and work equally as well. They told me many things I was expecting to hear - wear comfy clothes... no underwire... don't eat or drink anything after midnight (12/3). And two things I wasn't - no showering/bathing for 7 - 10 days (eww!... I can spongebath though) and absolutely no Jello after surgery. I hadn't heard that before. I meant to ask why but forgot...

My overall feeling was that they have done SO many of these and are SO good at this, that it would be nearly impossible for theings not to go well. Being there just really put my nerves at ease, kind of like hearing back from the newly banded. Speaking of...

terriamn!... so glad to hear that you're home and that it went well! Way to go! :)

Hmm... Is it time for an updated list?!

Hahahahahahaaa! That was funny and says a lot b/c that is one HAPPY little red dancing machine!:sad:

good luck to everyone getting banded tomorow ,kep in touch i am going on the 7th,i need support getting nervous here.....someone mentioned no Jello after surgery i was told i could have it????who know s thanks for all the support people Larry

Hahahahahahaaa! That was funny and says a lot b/c that is one HAPPY little red dancing machine!:sad:

no Jello, how come i never heard that before, if you know please tell me ok thanks Larry good luck with surgery i am going on 7th