Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Home Thread...for the thread homeless :)

TracyK

Tracy, meeting up for lunch would be awesome! Where are y'all thinking about going?Really its all still up in the air. Here are what we are thinking. Tampa FL, Biloxi, New Orleans, or all 3. But somehow, when we talk about doing stuff, it never works out! We'll see and I will let you know. :biggrin:
Hey girls, no time to read thru everything, just popped on Aunties computer to buy Seaworld tickets! We leave out for SA in the morning---yay!!! So glad you squeezed us in. Now my day is complete :)

This has been fun tho, I am enjoying myself. Knee is scabby and sore, but ankle is better (gotta love DMSO!!!) whats that?

Anyway---read enough to see Tracy is well---YAY!!!! I left you a message on your cell.

Will check in in a few days---gotta go call my Mommy today is her birthday! Happy b-day mom!

Take care all!!

Angela, hope you had a nice afternoon with Zach.

Jenn, so glad you checked in! Sounds like you're doing well.

Tracy, don't worry about the scale right now. You need to rest and get better. Well, at least it was -2, right? I am just gonna keep doing the right things and it will happen.

Kat, sounds like you're healing and having a good time! Thanks for checking in.

~~~~~

Talked to DH earlier today and he was sent to a fire only to have the engine break down this AM after they got there. Haven't talked to him since so I have NO idea what's happening! I do know he ain't gonna be home in the AM! In fact, I doubt he'll be home tomorrow at all! We'll see. I hope he can come home but I'm going to make plans for a sitter Monday AM while I'm at my interview. So what time is your interview?

DD and I always miss him when he's gone. DD is old enough now to "get it" too. Makes it hard sometimes. When she's acting up I have to be firm but also realize that she's missing her papa too. Fine line to walk! I remember when I was little my dad was a fireman. We missed him when he was on his 3 on.

Not much else is going on.

Hope y'all have a great Sunday!

Morning Girls. Woke up and was alreday making my list of things to do today even before I got out of bed. If I get everything accomplished I should make it to bed about 3am. So it looks like I'm gonna have to cut my list down. My goodness that must be one heck of a list! Put it in priority order then go back to bed :thumbup:

It stormed most of the day here yesterday. The sun came out about 5pm and it turned out beautiful. Now they are calling for storms again today. Looks like no pool time for anyone. Figures you finally get the pool up and can't get in it. That would be my luck too.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Hey hey all

screwing around this am and wanted to say hi :wub: omg, 2 days in a row! :eek: Did you get to go ride yesterday? I am jealous!! :(

going to get new boots and some cheap jeans for work, destroying all my clothes Have fun! Good to see you again so soon!

Angela-how was your quiet day?

Good morning everyone~ Another night of solid sleep. I love it!

I sure hope that I hear something from the school district. I really need to get my butt back into the workforce pronto for more reasons than just one! The pressure is not helping me one bit.

Have a great day friends! :(

Busy day here today. I really got a lot done. Loaded up the back of the van to take stuff to Salvation Army tomorrow. Got the China bubble wrapped and packed. Made cupcakes and butterscotch pudding. Lots of other stuff also. Feeling pretty productive. Working on the laundry now.

Since I started taking the vicodin I have fallen into a funk. I basically sit here in my chair all day and think, "Whoa is me". So yesterday I decided no more of that. I'm not going to turn into my sisters. So as of Friday evening I have been drug free. And most important, I've started moving my ass again. I'm gonna stop being the poor helpless little girl when I know that I am not. Just feeling sorry for myself. That is all done and over with. I'll use tha pain meds when and only when I feel I need them. Not on a regular basis. I really don't like how that make me think.

Did everyone have a great weekend?

Michelle, I saw that your hubby came home. I bet you guys were really glad to see him. I hope he can stay for a few days before he gets called out again.

Tracy, good luck with the job. I work basically to keep my sanity. Sometimes I just need to get out of the house and get my mind on other things. Gives me a break from all that goes on in my crappy life It's my stress relief.

Hello everyone.

Morning Girls. Woke up and was alreday making my list of things to do today even before I got out of bed. If I get everything accomplished I should make it to bed about 3am. So it looks like I'm gonna have to cut my list down.

I'd cut that list down too!

It stormed most of the day here yesterday. The sun came out about 5pm and it turned out beautiful. Now they are calling for storms again today. Looks like no pool time for anyone.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Sorry about the lack of pool time! That sucks!

Hey hey all

screwing around this am and wanted to say hi

going to get new boots and some cheap jeans for work, destroying all my clothes

Hi!!

Tracy, It's at 9:45AM.

Good morning everyone~ Another night of solid sleep. I love it!

So glad you got some good sleep. It helps SO much!

I sure hope that I hear something from the school district. I really need to get my butt back into the workforce pronto for more reasons than just one! The pressure is not helping me one bit.

I hope you hear something back soon as well.

Have a great day friends! :(

You too!

Busy day here today. I really got a lot done. Loaded up the back of the van to take stuff to Salvation Army tomorrow. Got the China bubble wrapped and packed. Made cupcakes and butterscotch pudding. Lots of other stuff also. Feeling pretty productive. Working on the laundry now.

Why are you packing china?

Since I started taking the vicodin I have fallen into a funk. I basically sit here in my chair all day and think, "Whoa is me". So yesterday I decided no more of that. I'm not going to turn into my sisters. So as of Friday evening I have been drug free. And most important, I've started moving my ass again. I'm gonna stop being the poor helpless little girl when I know that I am not. Just feeling sorry for myself. That is all done and over with. I'll use tha pain meds when and only when I feel I need them. Not on a regular basis. I really don't like how that make me think.

Good for you! You need to do what help YOU right now!

And God forbid you turn into your sisters!! I think we'd have to disown you!!

Did everyone have a great weekend?

Michelle, I saw that your hubby came home. I bet you guys were really glad to see him. I hope he can stay for a few days before he gets called out again.

He won't go back til Thursday b/c we won't answer the phone! LOL!! Can't make him go back to work if they can't get ahold of him! :waytogo:

Tracy, good luck with the job. I work basically to keep my sanity. Sometimes I just need to get out of the house and get my mind on other things. Gives me a break from all that goes on in my crappy life It's my stress relief.

We seriously need the money but more than that, I REALLY need to get out of the house! I was really liking it when I was going to the yarn shop everyday.

Hello everyone.

~~~~~

Yes, DH is home! WhooHoo! He is soooo tired! Midnight Friday they were sent to a station near the fire to cover the area. At 4:45 AM they got a phone call to be out at the fire at 6AM. They mended fences all day long, then the engine broke down. They were released and sent "home" with a loaner engine and didn't get back til about 1 this AM! Whooped puppies!

Not much going on today. Went to church. Came home and watched Germany kick major butt in their World Cup game. Went into town for a late lunch we we ended up ordering Breakfast. Home again. DH will take off soon for his soccer game.

Tomorrow is going to be busy for me. Interview, then DD's first swim lesson, then my fill appt in the city that afternoon. We may or may not go to the town park for a Flag Day celebration at 6. We'll see.

Make it all good, ladies!! Hugs!!

Thanks for reminding me that it is Flag Day tomorrow.:(

Kat: I am glad to hear you are already having fun! Enjoy SA.

Michelle: glad hubby finally made it home. He must be exhausted. Oh and BK would love to have reliable and responsible adults. I am certain you will get the job.

Suzie: you are amazing! I love your attitude. And yes, pain meds will put you in a funk. They had my dsd on them for her pain and she finally had to ask for something else. She just didn't like taking it everyday.

I made southwest egg rolls tonight, like the ones from Chili's, and they were sooooo good. I found a copycat recipe and then modified it slightly to make it healthier. I sprayed them with pam and baked them instead of deep frying and I used reduced fat cheese. Also the dipping sauce was made with ff sour cream, skim milk, a little chili powder and a little ranch dressing mix. OMG, it was yummy. I made extra of the filling and I am going to try them tomorrow night with the carb control tortillas to see if they are still tasty. If anyone is interested, I can give you the link to find it.:(

I'll take the link. I love those things. Thanks.

Chili's Southwest Egg Rolls - 18319 - Recipezaar

Don't let the directions overwhelm you, it really doesn't take long. I used the 7" flour tortillas tonight, but I am going to make more tomorrow night with the mission carb-control tortillas. I used the reduced-fat mexican blend cheese, because my Target didn't have the regular monterey jack. To bake them, I had the oven on 400 and I think it was about 20 minutes. Just watch until they start to brown. I sprayed the cookie sheet and the top of the southwest egg rolls with butter flavored Pam. They are spicy, so you may want to decrease the jalepenos by a little bit if you don't like firey foods. I like them that spicy, but you may not. Although I love the chili's dipping sauce, I refused to take a relatively healthy meal and dip it in fat to eat it, so I used ff sour cream, half a pack of ranch dressing mix, about a 1/2 tsp of chili powder and then skim milk until the consistency was right. I used my hand blender (the wand looking thing) to blend it.

My daughter is so excited that we can make these at home now. We order this all the time at Chilis and now we can eat them without the expense or the guilt over the calories!

I will post tomorrow night and let you know how the carb-control tortillas work.

Morning all

Suzanne - rain here pool is cold again, it was up to 90 a couple weeks ago. I just bought a Water aerobics workout cd, hope it is here end of the week so i can start using it this weekend. I so love my pool

Tracy - rain all weekend, no riding since Friday, It is going to be a nice week so going to make a plan for the week. It is hard because I still have to get Dylan from school fo 2 more weeks. If I didn't have to we would ride down, have dinner here with kids, hang for a few and ride back to his house. it is an hour ride on back roads so that is a nice night.

I think I'm going to the finger lakes in a couple of weeks to go see Zac Brown Band, I didn't realize he added upstate to his tour, he is my absolute favorite.

hugs and kisses, talk to you all on the weekend unless I get a minute.

Last night I looked up Flag Trivia and we ended up playing that at work this morning. The ladies like when I do things like that. Makes the 30 minutes go by faster. Went to WW for my meeting and in the last 3 weeks I have lost 4.8 pounds. Go me. That's even with having 4cc's taken out of my band.

When I left for work this morning I opened the door to the garage and yup, there it was. Water. Well, it's only rained buckets for the last week and last night was another big storm. Water was seeping up through little cracks and anywhere it could. So I head to work and my meeting. I get home and my sis is standing in the kitchen and water is pooled in there. I holler upstairs for hubby to come down. He gets the shop vac and I take it into the apartment and proceed to run it getting up all the water. All done and then I get the dehumidifier out and running. I come upstairs and start the laundry to wash the stuff that was soaking up the kitchen water. Do a few other things and then go into hubby's room and asked him why that wasn't taken care of before I got home. I just found out about it, he said. I told him we go thru this about every 5-6 years and that we knew it could happen. That yes, my sister should have told us when she discovered it. But as the owners it is still our responibility. But why did it have to wait till I got home and for the love of Pete, why was I the one cleaning it up. The one waiting for back surgery. They are both lucky I didn't turn the shop vac on them.

Now it's off to go get my other sis and take her to her appointment and then to the grocery store. Well, it's keeping me busy and my mind off my problems.

Hope all are having a great day.

Hey ya'll!

Run through post...busy day at work. Suzie, Good Lord!! I think I would run away for a couple of hours. Go get drunk somewhere and then call hubby to come and get ya! LOL. That will let them know that you've had enough!!

I don't understand that and I am sorry they left the mess for you.

Tracy, good for you...getting some restful sleep! It does the body good.

Michelle, any word on the interview? I have my fingers crossed for you!

Cindy, that recipe sounds delish! Gonna have to try it.

Kat, I hope you are having lotsa Woo-hoo moments!!! Stay outta that river! Actually, I think it is closed. They had the first of all these flash-floods (New Braunfels, Arkansas and now Oklahoma...what gives??). I have been watching youtube videos of the flooding in New Braunfels...cars and RV's in the river. I think it is going to be a bit before anyone can float it. Scary stuff there.

Hi Jennifer!!! I look forward to getting to know you.

OH! Tracy, I will PM you info about my job...

I did get off at noon on Saturday. We went out to eat, rented some movies and then I promptly fell asleep on the couch. I never nap! I generally avoid nap taking because I can't seem to just nap for a few minutes...it turns into a few hours!!

Yesterday we worked in our yard. Lots of tree trimming, mowing and then painting the shed. I was so grateful that Mike wanted to stick around the house. We tend to run to the new bayhouse to work and man, did we have some stuff to do here. I will be glad when all of our big projects are done.

I don't want to rush Zachary growing up, but I will be grateful when he is driving so that we can sale this house we are living in and move to the other one. This house needs too much work and mentally, I think we are already gone!

Hubby said fishing was bad. They had waves 5-7'. He knows better than to go when it is like that. They were expecting up to 5'...but they chartered as a group and nobody else wanted to cancel. He didn't want to loose his money so he went. He said to heck with it next time. That they need to quit trying to be macho men and just reschedule. Too dangerous for my liking either! On a good note, we ended up with 9 quart-size bags of Ling and Red Snapper.

Back to work! Have a good day...

Angela

Edited by AngelaW

Thanks Angela! Tried to PM you back but my PM'er must be PMS'ing, :(. I am gonna go look right now at that website.

I will post later everyone....

I GOT THE JOB!!!

I think he'd already decided to hire me before I got there! We didn't talk about anything! It was a total gab-fest! He'll call me and let me know when we're going to do orientation. In a couple of weeks. They are completely remodeling a former KFC/A&W and they're hoping to get it open by the end of this month. We'll see!

Michelle: glad hubby finally made it home. He must be exhausted. Oh and BK would love to have reliable and responsible adults. I am certain you will get the job.

Thank you!

I made southwest egg rolls tonight, like the ones from Chili's, and they were sooooo good. I found a copycat recipe and then modified it slightly to make it healthier. I sprayed them with pam and baked them instead of deep frying and I used reduced fat cheese. Also the dipping sauce was made with ff sour cream, skim milk, a little chili powder and a little ranch dressing mix. OMG, it was yummy. I made extra of the filling and I am going to try them tomorrow night with the carb control tortillas to see if they are still tasty. If anyone is interested, I can give you the link to find it.:unsure:

Those sound SO good!!

I think I'm going to the finger lakes in a couple of weeks to go see Zac Brown Band, I didn't realize he added upstate to his tour, he is my absolute favorite.

hugs and kisses, talk to you all on the weekend unless I get a minute.

Sounds like fun!!

Last night I looked up Flag Trivia and we ended up playing that at work this morning. The ladies like when I do things like that. Makes the 30 minutes go by faster. Went to WW for my meeting and in the last 3 weeks I have lost 4.8 pounds. Go me. That's even with having 4cc's taken out of my band.

WhooHoo!

When I left for work this morning I opened the door to the garage and yup, there it was. Water. Well, it's only rained buckets for the last week and last night was another big storm. Water was seeping up through little cracks and anywhere it could. So I head to work and my meeting. I get home and my sis is standing in the kitchen and water is pooled in there. I holler upstairs for hubby to come down. He gets the shop vac and I take it into the apartment and proceed to run it getting up all the water. All done and then I get the dehumidifier out and running. I come upstairs and start the laundry to wash the stuff that was soaking up the kitchen water. Do a few other things and then go into hubby's room and asked him why that wasn't taken care of before I got home. I just found out about it, he said. I told him we go thru this about every 5-6 years and that we knew it could happen. That yes, my sister should have told us when she discovered it. But as the owners it is still our responibility. But why did it have to wait till I got home and for the love of Pete, why was I the one cleaning it up. The one waiting for back surgery. They are both lucky I didn't turn the shop vac on them.

You have GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!! UGH!!!!!!! I would have walked away and left them to it.

Now it's off to go get my other sis and take her to her appointment and then to the grocery store. Well, it's keeping me busy and my mind off my problems.

Hope all are having a great day.

Hey ya'll!

Run through post...busy day at work. Suzie, Good Lord!! I think I would run away for a couple of hours. Go get drunk somewhere and then call hubby to come and get ya! LOL. That will let them know that you've had enough!!

Agreed!

I don't understand that and I am sorry they left the mess for you.

Tracy, good for you...getting some restful sleep! It does the body good.

Michelle, any word on the interview? I have my fingers crossed for you!

Thank you!

I did get off at noon on Saturday. We went out to eat, rented some movies and then I promptly fell asleep on the couch. I never nap! I generally avoid nap taking because I can't seem to just nap for a few minutes...it turns into a few hours!!

You must have really needed it!

Yesterday we worked in our yard. Lots of tree trimming, mowing and then painting the shed. I was so grateful that Mike wanted to stick around the house. We tend to run to the new bayhouse to work and man, did we have some stuff to do here. I will be glad when all of our big projects are done.

UGH! I know all about projects! Lord help ya!

I don't want to rush Zachary growing up, but I will be grateful when he is driving so that we can sale this house we are living in and move to the other one. This house needs too much work and mentally, I think we are already gone!

Totally understood!

Hubby said fishing was bad. They had waves 5-7'. He knows better than to go when it is like that. They were expecting up to 5'...but they chartered as a group and nobody else wanted to cancel. He didn't want to loose his money so he went. He said to heck with it next time. That they need to quit trying to be macho men and just reschedule. Too dangerous for my liking either! On a good note, we ended up with 9 quart-size bags of Ling and Red Snapper.

Nice catch but not worth it! I'm glad DH decided that as well. DH's uncle was lost at sea during a fishing trip.

Back to work! Have a good day...

Angela

~~~~~

Sorry it took so long for me to get on and tell you about the interview! It's been a crazy day and I just got home!

The interview was crazy! We talked about all kinds of stuff in all of about 15 minutes! Told me he already had plans for me and I was hired. He's very flexible if I am. So he's not worried about the days/hours I can work. He said family was important. I'm part-time and am going to be a cashier.

Got home from that and turned around and headed to the pool for DD's first lesson of the season. While there I got a voicemail from my Doc's nurse asking if I could be early - like 1:30 or 2, instead of 3:45! I got the message at 12:30! I got to the office at 1:20!! DD and I just left directly from the pool and headed to the city. Worked out good. I've gained weight since I've been. Knew I had. He gave me another .5cc. I feel tight so I'm going to have to be careful with this one. I don't want to go back for an unfill. I will if I need too but I'm hoping I'll be fine. Going to stay on liquids for a bit tho.

I hope everyone has a great evening! See ya tomorrow!

Getting ready to call it quits. Long day and I need to get a little sleep.< /span>

Michelle, congrats on the job. I hope you really enjoy it.

I'll check in after work tomorrow.

Morning girls.

I just finished eating 1 scrambled egg and a toast. I had calle the Cardiologist Office this morning and they said to go ahead and eat something but nothing to drink or eat 2 hours prior to the test. I wasn't going to eat anything but I was starting to get a headache and wanted to stop it before it got bad and put me in a bad mood. So now I am all set. We will leave here about 1:20. Not really looking forward to this.

Hubby is all over me now. I can't do anything. I think he learned his lesson yesterday.

Hope Kat is having a good time. Was she going to meet up with any of you guys. Tracy, Angela?

I'll check in later.

And congrats again Michelle.

Morning girls.

I just finished eating 1 scrambled egg and a toast. I had calle the Cardiologist Office this morning and they said to go ahead and eat something but nothing to drink or eat 2 hours prior to the test. I wasn't going to eat anything but I was starting to get a headache and wanted to stop it before it got bad and put me in a bad mood. So now I am all set. We will leave here about 1:20. Not really looking forward to this.

Lots of prayers, hugs and good thoughts today!

Hubby is all over me now. I can't do anything. I think he learned his lesson yesterday.

GOOD!!!!

Hope Kat is having a good time. Was she going to meet up with any of you guys. Tracy, Angela?

Ditto!

I'll check in later.

And congrats again Michelle.

Thank you! I'm still pretty excited.

Gotta get payroll done this AM so I can drop it off at the church on our way to swim lessons.

I have Bunco tonight. I love Bunco nights! :unsure:

Hope y'all have a great day!