Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Home Thread...for the thread homeless :)

TracyK

Suzanne-glad to hear you are doing better :)

Kat-so glad to see you back here. We missed you!

Have a great night everyone :smile2:

Hey!

Welcome back Kat! Glad to see you had a great time. I want to hear the beer and bed story too...sounds like a good one!!

Suzie, wow!! I love that you are feeling so good. I hate that you can't swim but that is a small sacrifice, right? I would like to see your pics (I am in to the gross and unusual!). I will pm you my email...

Wow. I am having a big brain fart. I read all of these post and now I am lost. Sheesh. Well....I hope you all had a good Father's Day with the daddies and hubbies that you love and adore.

We spent the weekend at the bay. I caught a bit of Zach's tummy bug and spent most of Saturday in the recliner. Mike got home from work around three and wanted to go fishing (lots of sympathy there, let me tell ya) so I forewarned him and went along. It was uneventful...I mean...we didn't catch any fish! Good Lord...brain fart and delirious. I need sleep.< /p>

Anyhow, Mike wanted to go out again today (he said for an hour)...uh...maybe I need schooling in man-speak. That hour turned into four! I did not bring a cover-up and I am paying for it tonight. Oh well, a great way to spend Father's Day...he loves to fish.

Tracy, Top Water Grill is in San Leon. FM 517 to the first flashing red light and take a right. It is really good seafood. I believe they have an internet site. It is a little pricey...between $10-20 for seafood but I think it is worth it (and it's on the water!). I love the atmosphere.

I will check in tomorrow when my eyes aren't crossing! Sleep well....

Angela

Good morning everyone~

Not really much to say this morning. Hip is hurting already...started before I got out of bed.

DD is going to see Toy Story 3 this morning with a group of her friends and a couple of moms...I decided to stay home due to some irregularity med I took last night that should be kicking in shortly. TMI, sorry.

I had strange dreams all night long.

OK, I can tell I am rambling...

I will post again later. Glad to see everyone is back and doing good :thumbup:

Jenn-sorry I did not call you. I will make it up. :Banane20:

Good morning~

I forgot to tell you all that while I was gone, a cousin of mine---my Moms 1st cousin, and best friend forever, passed away. So I am leaving in the morning headed for Denver to take my parents to the funeral. Will leave on Tuesday, come home on Thursday.

My Mom is very upset, it is going to be a difficult trip.

My Mom was her maid of honor when she married a boy she met at the museum of natural history in Denver almost 60 years ago. At their wedding, my Mom met the grooms best friend and college roomate, who was the best man.....and married him 6 months later! Her cousin, and his friend then stood up for them!

So this has been a close relationship, for her entire life, and she is taking it hard. I dislike driving in Denver myself, and will NOT let them do it!!! And with all that is going on, trying to get someone to pick them up at the airport etc. is hard. The suburb they live in, the cab ride would be pretty long, and I can make the trip for that!

Kids, besides Manda were a total disappointment yesterday. Can't go there. Will tell ya later.

Gotta run....chaos ensues.

Morning.

Kat, that is so sad. Tell your Mom I will keep her in my prayrs and her friend also. Be careful driving.

Angela, I will post pics later today. We took some new ones because the bruise has spread. He really did some digging.

Hubby and Sis are cracking me up. They are in a a rivalry over who can dress my wound the best. I told Hubby to let Sis do the morning and he can do the evening. I think it hurt his feelings. He just wants to make sure I heal correctly.

I'm up 5 pounds but have been drinking like a horse. One of the meds they gave me, they warned me about it causing dry mouth. I'll take a Water pill probably tomorrow and see.

I did get to take a shower this morning and it felt really good. Just had to keep reminding myself to not turn my back to the faucet. But washed my hair and cleaned the other parts. LOL.

I'll check in later. Have a great day.

Good morning~

I forgot to tell you all that while I was gone, a cousin of mine---my Moms 1st cousin, and best friend forever, passed away. So I am leaving in the morning headed for Denver to take my parents to the funeral. Will leave on Tuesday, come home on Thursday.

My Mom is very upset, it is going to be a difficult trip.

My Mom was her maid of honor when she married a boy she met at the museum of natural history in Denver almost 60 years ago. At their wedding, my Mom met the grooms best friend and college roomate, who was the best man.....and married him 6 months later! Her cousin, and his friend then stood up for them!

So this has been a close relationship, for her entire life, and she is taking it hard. I dislike driving in Denver myself, and will NOT let them do it!!! And with all that is going on, trying to get someone to pick them up at the airport etc. is hard. The suburb they live in, the cab ride would be pretty long, and I can make the trip for that!

Kids, besides Manda were a total disappointment yesterday. Can't go there. Will tell ya later.

Gotta run....chaos ensues.

Welcome home!!! Back to the real world! :thumbup:

I feel so bad for your mom :Banane20:

Home from town, have my laundry done, now to swap out the things in the suitcase to a smaller one, and get it all set. I seriously do not want to go!

OMG my DH is in a state. DS is still being pissy, as I told you, we have never figured out how this is all Ricks doing....but in his screwed up mind I guess it is. Anyway, we saw them in TX, and everyone was civil, but he did not so much as call yesterday! And then younger DD is PO'd over the issue with her Mom and Manda with the storage unit and the attorney, so she avoided us as well. So at lunch today Rick ask me to sign his new allocations. I ask to what? He redid his life insurance, and his accidental D&D. We of course leave everything to one another---but, in his CS and divorce he had to leave equal portion to the other child, the one we just finished paying for. So, he wanted to change that, and when he got in there....he changed it all! He is having his brother allot their portions to the grandkids when they reach the age of majority, in both of his kids cases. He left Manda's be, and she is named 100% on the accidental death -- he said she is the only one who would worry about burying us! But deleted his kids out of things.

He means money, property, equipment, tools, motorcycles, everything that was divied up with the kids, has skipped straight to grandkids. Now I personally imagine down the road he will change it again, but they have no idea how deeply they hit him. He is not sitting around waiting for them to do it again either!

He said he put a request to withdraw a fidelity fund we had been saving in, we then buy CD's when we cash any out---this time he told me to get my passport, however I have to do it, we have an inheritance to spend!!! LOL

I hope he does plan to enjoy that money he worked for, travelling, buying a new bike, whatever----at least HE appreciates how hard it is to come by!

Anyway---it was done to hurt him, but in the end pissed him off, so he is changing things fast and furious.

Manda and Kinsey were here, and he had a good day---she worships her Papa! BUT, she was raised her entire life to have a little respect, and you cannot erase the crap ex wives instill in kids....or ex husbands as the case may be.

Should have my laptop with me --- if my brain is in gear when I leave tomorrow, so will check in from the motel.

Have a safe trip Kat...once again, we will miss you! And kudos to Rick for doing that! I wish more parents would do what he did today :thumbup:

Kat, I'm so sorry about your Cousin. Prayers to your family. Have a safe trip.

~~~~~

We met with the principal at another school out of our district this AM before swim lessons. Went really well and we are excited for DD to go in 2011/2012. I'll need to call our district and get the paperwork started. Guess it's a simple thing but I wanted to make sure we were all ready to go when we need to enroll her in the late winter/spring.

SO frustrated!!! Last Monday got a fill of .5cc and was fine for a couple of days. Thursday had to go for an unfill of the same .5cc. I am still TOO tight! I just called to see if I could see someone. My doc, I knew, is out all week at a conference. Come to find out, the other 2 are as well! We'll see. I need more taken out. I hate to do it but I've lost about 7lbs in the last week and it's not b/c I'm behaving!!!!! LOL! UGH!!!

Other than that - everything else is going really well!!

Kat, I'm so sorry about your Cousin. Prayers to your family. Have a safe trip.

~~~~~

We met with the principal at another school out of our district this AM before swim lessons. Went really well and we are excited for DD to go in 2011/2012. I'll need to call our district and get the paperwork started. Guess it's a simple thing but I wanted to make sure we were all ready to go when we need to enroll her in the late winter/spring.

SO frustrated!!! Last Monday got a fill of .5cc and was fine for a couple of days. Thursday had to go for an unfill of the same .5cc. I am still TOO tight! I just called to see if I could see someone. My doc, I knew, is out all week at a conference. Come to find out, the other 2 are as well! We'll see. I need more taken out. I hate to do it but I've lost about 7lbs in the last week and it's not b/c I'm behaving!!!!! LOL! UGH!!!

Other than that - everything else is going really well!!

Michelle, have you tried taking some children's liquid ibuprofen to reduce the swelling? It takes quite a bit of it, I believe a bottle is maybe 4 adult size doses, but if it reduces the swelling to give you some relief it is worth it. I know in pill form I take up to 800 mg at a pop, but usually 600mg. Each tsp of the liquid children's is 100 mg, at least that is what my bottle is.

Kat: I am sorry to hear about your cousin. Have a safe trip, and your family will be in my prayers.

Michelle, have you tried taking some children's liquid ibuprofen to reduce the swelling? It takes quite a bit of it, I believe a bottle is maybe 4 adult size doses, but if it reduces the swelling to give you some relief it is worth it. I know in pill form I take up to 800 mg at a pop, but usually 600mg. Each tsp of the liquid children's is 100 mg, at least that is what my bottle is.

Kat: I am sorry to hear about your cousin. Have a safe trip, and your family will be in my prayers.

Cindy, no I haven't! Never occurred to me! What I was doing was trying some of the liquid allergy med that I have b/c it's also an antihistamine. Helped a smidge. I'll be out tomorrow for DD's swim lesson, I'll stop and buy some on the way out of town. THANK YOU!!!

Michelle, you are quite welcome. I keep some on hand since my stomach is so sensitive after pbing. If I don't reduce the swelling quickly, I have a cycle of swelling causing more pbing. Not pretty... good luck and it should help. Just take it every 4-6 hours tomorrow, stay on fluids and the next day you may be able to start mushies. I hope it helps you!

Well, I am getting ready for bed. Most of my stuff is packed, and I made motel reservations, so I think I am as good to go as I am going to get!

My SIL invited us to stay with her, but she is way South in Denver, and I need to be North! Not worth the rush hour hassles, so made reservations.

We went to dinner with Becky and Gary. Rick went on and on about how much fun he had in SA. Made me more determined than ever to get him to follow through, and go and DO more things.

He told me he wanted me to find a dog I want and get it. LOL. I told him maybe in Sept. After we get back.

We find out on Fri. I think if and when MIL has surgery.

Michelle....hope the ibuprofen works for you. I have no other suggestions. You might experiment with hot and cold drinks. Both have helped me at different times with different issues.

Suzie, you keep healing, and letting others wait on YOU for a change!!! Soon your DH and DS will be adding sequins, and beads, to outdo one another on your bandages!!! LOL, I can see it now!

Oh and see it----yeah me too, I wanna see the pics!!!

Everyone have a good few days, will be home sometime Thursday or Friday I figure, depends how much family hangs out, I will let my folks visit as long as they can.....