Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Home Thread...for the thread homeless :)

TracyK

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SUZANNE!!!!!

Not much going on.

I think I'm going to have to keep my appt with doc tomorrow. Much as I don't want more fill out, I'm going to have too. I can't get off the ibuprofen and I can't eat anything. I must admit that I managed some popcorn and chips yesterday but only a little before it started trying to get stuck. I tried to eat some soft stuff last night and after a couple of bites, it was a no go. :thumbup:

Totally bummed but I'm going to have to do it.

Off to the 2nd to last swim lesson for DD in about an hour! Depending on my new work schedule we'll try more later next month.

Have a great day!!

Sorry I've been so quiet. I've been trying to keep Gia in line. She's gotten so much worse and it is way past just teenage crap. I finally called and asked to have her moved. My social worker said that I lasted twice as long as she thought I would and Gia's social worker agreed. (btw - everyone gets a social worker maybe we should add that app to FB!) So she will be moving somewhere else on Monday. She is still here with me today and tomorrow but I had already scheduled a weekend of respite care so I could get a break, so she's going there for the weekend. I'll pick her up on Sunday and take her to DSS on Monday morning.

I moved the cat out of her room because the therapist said this might be a time where she would hurt herself, run away or try to hurt Cali. The kitten cannot go with her and is not staying here with er pooping habits. I know that sounds cold, but I am not cleaning cat poop up every day. The lady who gave her to Gia has said she will take her back.

:thumbup: HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUZANNE!!!! :blink:

When was Kat supposed to be home? I get kinda worried when someone is away for too long.
She didn't say when she would be back did she? I hope she is OK.
Good morning everyone,

Happy Birthday, Suzie!!!!!

I am super ready for this weekend. Not much going on here...keeping a little eye on the Gulf. They are still leaning towards that tropical wave developing. UG! OMG, please don't tell me that. Guess I need to start watching the weather again! :lol:

Have a good day!

Angela

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SUZANNE!!!!!

Not much going on.

I think I'm going to have to keep my appt with doc tomorrow. Much as I don't want more fill out, I'm going to have too. I can't get off the ibuprofen and I can't eat anything. I must admit that I managed some popcorn and chips yesterday but only a little before it started trying to get stuck. I tried to eat some soft stuff last night and after a couple of bites, it was a no go. :)

Totally bummed but I'm going to have to do it. I am sorry you have to do that but it is prob for the best. Just let him take a smidge out!

Off to the 2nd to last swim lesson for DD in about an hour! Depending on my new work schedule we'll try more later next month.

Have a great day!!

Sorry I've been so quiet. I've been trying to keep Gia in line. She's gotten so much worse and it is way past just teenage crap. I finally called and asked to have her moved. My social worker said that I lasted twice as long as she thought I would and Gia's social worker agreed. (btw - everyone gets a social worker maybe we should add that app to FB!) So she will be moving somewhere else on Monday. She is still here with me today and tomorrow but I had already scheduled a weekend of respite care so I could get a break, so she's going there for the weekend. I'll pick her up on Sunday and take her to DSS on Monday morning.

I am so sorry it had to come to that. You gave it your all. This has to be hard on you! (((hugs)))

I moved the cat out of her room because the therapist said this might be a time where she would hurt herself, run away or try to hurt Cali. The kitten cannot go with her and is not staying here with er pooping habits. I know that sounds cold, but I am not cleaning cat poop up every day. The lady who gave her to Gia has said she will take her back.

OK, I hear a pillow & blanket calling me. :eek:

Just got a text from Suzannes sister. This is what it says "She is out of surgery and doing good. Will be in the hospital overnight. Thanks for your thoughts and prayers."

Good news!!!

Oh Suzanne, that breaks my heart for you. I remember how excited you were and how this was going to be a great beginning for both of you. I hate that it didn't work out but it is time to cut lose before someone gets seriously hurt. I will keep Gia in my prayers that she will hopefully someday soon realizes that she needs to be responsible and that her actions do define her. Poor thing. Good Luck to you and I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

Hi Irene. Miss you.

wow I've got 4 pages to catch up with! You guys are chatty lol. It's been a zoo around here, I'll explain at the end.

Kat, glad you made it home from your trips ok. I'm sorry to hear about you cousin. I'm so sorry Rick's kids are being such butts. My brothers kids were brain-washed by my evil ex-sil and he went year without seeing them. But 2 of the 3 are coming around to see all wasn't the way she said. My DH is a big proponent of spending our kids inheritance lol. And really he worked hard for it so why not? I don't want our parents doing without just so they can leave us one. I want them to enjoy. And yes! I would love to do lunch again soon.

Michelle, eww about the fill/unfill. Must be a big conference because both surgeons at my center are at one this week also. Glad you're feeling better, I need to write that down about the childs liquid.< /p>

Angela, sounds like meeting your siblings is going ok, albeit a roller coaster ride. You're going to have a big family by the time this is done lol.

Tracy, yay for the loss!

Suzie, wow what an ugly looking bruise! I hope it doesn't hurt as bad as it looks. Good for you staying in bed and letting DH wait on you! You deserve it.

I know I've left lots out and my apologies for that.

So since I last posted I have a surgery date of 7/19 (oh wait I think I said that lol), BUT I've also found out I have kidney stones and the urologist wants to do a Lithotripsy (go in and blast those little suckers!) on 7/12. So I called surgeons office to see if he wanted to postpone my lapband since it's just a week later. But he was at the conference and I just heard back a little while ago.

But I was thinking postponing would be best because DD is trying to change law schools to Florida and she would have to move between 7/20 and 8/9. So I probably don't need to be driving from AZ to FL (4 days at least ackkkk) so soon.

But she calls this afternoon and because her LSAT score expired in Jan they won't let her transfer. grrrrr she's starting her 2nd year of law school! I understand if she was just now entering but she has good grades and wants to transfer so she can specialize. Idiot red tape rules........

Then not 20 min later my surgeon's office calls and they talked to her and she said no problem on doing the LB surgery a week after the Lithotripsy. So 7/19 it is! Yikes less than a month and I'll be one of you guys! :bored: But I do wish I were going to FL instead for DD :blink:

Hope everyone has a great evening!

Terri

I told Angela this and now I will tell ya'll....we are going to HAVE to move yet again. You already knew about how the landlord was kind enough to lower our rent for us but now....i just got a four hundred dollar light bill. $ 4 0 0. I know for some of you it may not sound like much BUT...it is for half of may and half of june...HELLO....can you imagine what it wille be July, August, September , Ocotber. I do not even want to think about it! It is gonna be more than my husbands truck note! Soooo, here we go again. We can not seem to catch a break, I swear. I know one thing I am NOT going to do...I am not gonna worry about finding a 3 br to accomodate the stepkids for 'just in case' they decide to come over. We are getting a 2 bedroom apartment. We will not have a Water bill or gas bill, the rent will be cheaper and so will the light bill. All around it is the best option. Now the big worry is our landlord. Will he be gracious enought to let us out of our lease? He was kind to do it before when he lowered our rent but...I just dont know.

Tomorrow dh is off and we have a day FULL of apartment hunting (for something just right with a no/low deposit).

That is my story....

:bored: Hi Terri!

Tracy, I am sorry..that sucks! I would say that the landlord will probably let you out of the lease if he can find someone else to rent to, otherwise, I am not so sure. Good luck on the apartment hunting. You will save a lot of money in bills by moving into one, that is for sure.

Tracy, I am sorry..that sucks! I would say that the landlord will probably let you out of the lease if he can find someone else to rent to, otherwise, I am not so sure. Good luck on the apartment hunting. You will save a lot of money in bills by moving into one, that is for sure.

DH is on the phone with the landlord now...:bored:

Gotta go get Zach from football, but wanted to pop in and tell you good luck, Tracy! I am crossing my fingers for you guys....

Oh Tracy, I hate to hear that. I will keep my fingers crossed that all runs smoothly for you guys and you are right, don't worry about the kids. If they show up, that's what sleeping bags are for.

I'm home....AGAIN!!!!!

I scanned posts, said my Happy Birthdays---had 3 today!!! LOL And now, I am heading to bed. Will tell ya all about it in the AM.

Hugs to all of you!

Morning girls. Hubby is at the gym and after he gets back I will go for my first walk today. It's gonna be rough, it's supposed to get hot and sticky today. Yuck.

Quick drive by post....

Good news other than Kat being back :bored: Our landlord said to pay July and we can be let out of the lease. SO, we are going apartment hunting and we have seen some good deals. Will let you all know how it goes.

Have a great day!

:blink: