Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Home Thread...for the thread homeless :)

TracyK

Hi there. Just wanted to see if I could build a new home with some new (and hopefully old) friends. I do not wanna be 'homeless' anymore so here I am! This is gonna be a place for friends to meet (hopefully) and talk about anything & everything.

My name is Tracy and I live in Deer Park, Texas. I have been married for 6 years. I was banded in April '07. Got 4 pounds away from goal, quit smoking and gained 46-50 pounds back so I am on my journey again. This time as a non-smoker :w00t:

This is a life change and with it comes lifelong friends...wanna come along for the ride? :blushing:

Hi Tracy K .... my name is Jen and I am slightly out of control... can I join you????? :w00t:

JK...I'm here... and I am newly single and have 2 great kids and live in Troy NY

I was banded April 07... how strange is that...

OK... I'm in a silly mood today... Tracy and I met here in Feb or March of 07 and have been on this Journey togther. I have met my Dr's goals and am now working on my personal goals, I am 13lbs away from the one I set back in 07 and then going to work for the next 25lbs and be happy... ok probably not, but I'll just wait to see how I feel when I get to that point.

I'm homeless and am going to hang with you

I'm not homeless per say, just need a fresh start... So I'll hang with you gals.

I'm Kelly Banded Nov 07. I have lost 73-75 lbs. But I've been stuck for about 12 months at the same weight now. I've been married 6 years this week. and I have 3 grown daughters. I live in Bakersfield, Calif.

Hi Shalee !! A fresh start is JUST what this thread is for me too.

I see on your ticker thing that you had a TT. How cool is that? One day that is what I wanna do.

Happy Anniversary! Welcome :w00t: Glad you are joining us!

Edited by TracyK

Hi All,

I'm the newbie among you. I was banded about 3 months ago, and am half-way to my goal of 80 lbs.

Up until my second fill I was never hungry, and could eat any foods I tried. After my second fill, I started having food stuck on a regular basis, sometimes experiencing just tightness, other times quite a bit of pain. It came to a head on Tues & Wed evening, when I spent 3 - 4 hrs each night with a waste basket under my chin.

I had been debating wheter to go in and have some taken out, but I truly think I have only myself to blame - bad eating habits. Although I no longer inhale my food, I definately eat too fast and usually forget to chew enough.

So yesterday I decided to give my band a rest, go on liquids, then mushies for a few days, and start over. I'd love to hang with you.

Joan

Hi Everyone. Good to see all of you.

I'm Suzanne and I suck at the Band. My Band does wonderful, it's me that abuses it.

So, For the umpteenth time I will try again to get my head back in the game. I do good for a day or a few hours and something comes along and sidetracks me. Look, Halloween is coming up and that is my most favorite time of the year. So you see my struggle.

Thanks Tracy for getting this going.

Hey Joan, nice to meet you and yes, you can hang with us. We ahve been at this for awhile, so feel free to ask us anything.

Edited by Suziecat

Joan..welcome :thumbup:

The liquids & mushies after getting stuck like you have is a great thing to do. You really have to remember about the smaller bites. Here I am 2 years later and I forget to take small bites sometimes too!

:seeya: HiYa Suzie! Welcome sista! :frown:

For those who do not know...after a couple of months of nothing but stress in my life I decided to get an unfill. So, here I am with zero restriction, but it is nice to be able to eat healthy foods without chokin'. lol Since my unfill I have lost 5 pounds, and I plan to get a fill at the beginning of November to help through the holidays! lol

Joan...that is another thing you may or may not have known...stress makes your band tight. So don't worry, be happy! Easier said than done sometimes!

Suzanne...dont you wish we would have never learned to 'eat around the band'? lol I guess everyone does that eventually. A true addict will. :thumbup: Hi I am Tracy, and I am a food-o-holic. lmao

As I tell my Nephew, we all have an addiction. One way or another. What sets us apart is how we handle that addiction. Having drug addiction or alcohol addiction is that, you can actually walk away from that stuff. We on the other hand have to learn how to live with food. To not let it take over our lives. It ain't easy.

Tracy, you are on your own tonight. I don't do the Big Brother show. Sorry.