Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Home Thread...for the thread homeless :)

TracyK

Thank you everyone :smile:

Good morning! Wow, I posted some stuff on craigslist and those folks are crazy! I should have started prices out at way more than i wanted that way when they try to talk me down they will feel like they won! lol

Suzanne-I have a 4 year old little girls party to go to today. At a park, in this heat!?!?! but, I promised we would go...me & my big mouth~! I did not say how long we would stay though! :bolt:

I need to get my butt up and moving. We have alot to do. I want to get the heck out of here ASAP....the longer we are here, the more the light bill will be! :thumbup: (not to mention I am excited to have a pool) I would have been embarassed to go to a public pool being this big but now...i learned life is too short PLUS next year they can say "hey, wasn't that the fat lady that was here last year?" :frown:

Have a great day ladies!!

A quick thought as I was reading through this...

Tracy, with the pool being right outside, and in view for you, you can analyze the situation, and figure when it is the emptyest (is that a word???lol) You can use it for exercise--then if lots show up and you are not comfortable there, you just pop in your house!!! Way cool!!!

I would cry if I moved---we have lived in this house since 1991!!! The junk we have amassed is ridiculous, and no one needs half of it....but, we hang on to it anyway, thinking someday we may need it again.....and to replace it would cost lots more than we could sell it for. You know those thoughts.

And pictures. I have boxes of pictures. I feel guilty throwing them away---but keeping my own family is hard! I have pics of friends grandkids etc. WTH do you do with them??? I should scan them all to disc, label them and toss the boxes!

Rick saw a toolbox at a yardsale he wanted to check out so we stopped. I bought 5 new pair of Levi jeans size 6 Slim with the adjustable waist---labels still on all but one pair, for a buck a pair! By winter they should fit Kinsey I am guessing. Also got her several Old Navy shirts brand new, for a dollar or less, and a Gap winter coat, and 4 of the stuffed dogs, that look like the Brats girls--only they are dogs, they have coats, and skirts, and carry cases---they are thebig ones---10" or so. Anyway, alltogether, jeans, shirts, and toys I spent $12.50. And the clothes have never been worn! The grandmother bought them, and they did not fit, the kid was not a slim sized kid, and the grandma apparantly thought that would encourage her to slim down----in a size 6 kids??? No wonder people grow up with eating disorders! These are all going in the closet, and will be part of her school clothes. No sense in wearing any of it to play in for the summer. I'll give her the toys---she will LOVE them! Especially the pink chihuahua in rhinestone studded leather!!! LOL

Sorry you guys are stressing over the storm---I have not seen the weather, just keep hoping you will ALL be ok.

Rick got called in to work, but it is a minor job, and they aren't needing it immediately, so he is stalling, because once he is there, they will find things to keep him. Then he has to go finish plowing. He needs spark plugs, so guess who gets to do a parts run???

bbl!!!

Kat-we think too much alike...that is exactly what i was going to do. I know it will REALLY be easy to do that once school is back in and everyone is working....then it will be TRACYS pool :smile: OH, and there is a little fitness center. NO excuses now~

Wow, yesterday I never even turned my computer on. Not sure why.

Tracy, you'll love having the pool. I used to be the first one in and hubby would sit and drink his coffee and count my laps. After I was done then it was free swim time. Just a few more weeks and we will be back to that routine.

Yesterday I decided to go to the pool party. Hubby drove me over and I was going to get a ride home with my neighbor. Well, when we pulled up her toy-boys car was in the driveway and I should have told my hubby then to take me home. So I go in with him following me asking me questions about my operation. I was cordial but not rude. I just don't feel a connection with him like she does. I asked Deb where here van is and she tells me that Wes said it was ok for me to ride in his car. Not in my mind it's not. He has a car that seats 5 and there is already 5 of them. Not working out for me. So I told her to not worry about it that hubby will come and get me and I shoot him off a text to be back at 5pm to pick me up. Whitin an hour I was on the phone almost crying for him to come and get me. The toy-boy went ballistic and I actually got freightened. I couldn't hear all that he was saying but I do know it had to do with me. She finally dragged his ass out side and I could hear him actually beating on his chest and I heard her then say to him to shut up, that I was in the kitchen and could hear him talking about me. I was frantic at that point and was on the phone calling for anyone to come and get me. I should have just started walking home but hubby showed up in 5 minutes. OMG, he was furious and it took all my strength to keep hubby from turning around to go take this guy out. I don't know what triggered this out break by this kid but it took my neighbor a lot to calm him down. This all took place at a party for a 10 year old girl. If I had a daughter there I would have grabbed her and left. There was no call for his behavior. Now I wonder how he acts inside her house in front of the little girl. I am scared about him doing something and I don't know who to call about reporting him. I do know one things is for sure. I will not have anything to do with her as long as he is around. I still don't understand why a 19 year old boy is hanging around a 43 year old women. Something is just not right.

So today hubby and I laying low today. Kind of like this last week. I feel better laying in bed than I do sitting in a chair. These staples come out Thursday and I think I will be better after that. There is some swelling in that area and it makes it hard to sit in a chair for very long. We thought we would have heard about the biopsy by now. I asked hubby if I had to take chemo and lost my hair, would he shave his head? I wish I had a picture of the look on his face. It was a combination of "Did you really need to ask me that and OMG, we are going to be a sight". He is too funny. I am so amazed at how protective he is of me. I feel this warm, comfortable, at ease, all is right with the world feeling when I am with him. Love it.

Have a great day, enjoy your families and life. Hugs.

Good morning~

Had a post planned, and Suzie, I have been in an abusive relationship, and can guarantee your friend is as well. There are many reasons one stays....not all of them stupid. I stayed to protect my family he threatened. It sounds trite now, but it was a real threat, a serious threat, and a very effective one as well. I agree stay away while he is there, but listen to her with an open mind and heart---tho I know you will. There are lots of people out there just searching for what you and I have found. You found yours quickly, I had to make some serious mistakes first!!! LMAO!

Anyway----will be back to post, Rick wants to take a ride....sounds like fun to me!

Good morning,

Suzie...I would take a huge step away from that situation myself. His behavior is out of control and not a good example for her child(ren). He probably got a good idea that you don't like him. Something about that situation doesn't sound right. Maybe that blow up he had will help her to see what kind of person he is...

Kat, how cool with the garage sale deals! Glad to see you are back home safe and sound.

Tracy, to hell with them!!! Get in that pool anyways! If I get a vote, I think you are a beautiful person inside and out. Life is too short.

Moving is not fun....let me know if you need anything.

Good morning to everyone else!!

I have had a productive weekend. We stayed home and I scrubbed tile, shampoo'ed carpets and dusted the heck out of this place. I love it when my house is clean! We are on the go alot so sometimes it is just a matter of keeping things picked up, keeping the dishes going and the laundry washed. I secretly appreciate sometimes when Mike has to work on the weekends :)...it gives me a chance to catch up! How horrible does that sound!

I found a recipe for teriyaki chicken so I made that, some vegtable rice and brussel sprouts for dinner last night. YUMMO!! (and good results for a change!). We watched "Shutter Island"...weird but better than I thought it would be. It took a little while to understand what was really happening to the guy.

Again I want to say, if you have a recipe that you love...I would love to try it! Cooking is something I could stand to improve in.

Today, Zach and Mike went to mow (bayhouse) and I am cleaning out our computer room (a fourth bedroom converted after Tropical Storm Allison several years ago). I have a bunch of wedding crystal that I really have no where to display right now so it is wrapped in a box in the corner of the room. I am embarrassed to admit, but laughing at the same time...that I found a huge bowl of halloween candy hidden in that box. It is at least two years old. I must have been hiding it after halloween from the kids. Our trick-or-treaters have diminished through the years and anything left my kids would attack. I guess I hid it from myself too. GROSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike got tickets to "Toy Story 2" so that is what we are doing this afternoon. It has been getting five star reviews and I really want to see it.

I am talkative this morning!! LOL

Have a good day!

Angela

Edited by AngelaW

Suzanne -

CALL. THE. COPS.

Seriously. Do it now. Even tho it happened yesterday, just ask them to take a report of what happened. That way if anything happens later, and I'm sure you can fill in the blanks here, they have it on record. That is MOST important.

There needs to be a record. NOW!

There is your neighbor, daughter and now YOU who are in danger from this idiot. If there is no record, they will have no clue that he's gone off before. They might think it's just a one time thing. Trust me, they'll take it more seriously if he has become a "frequent flyer" with them.

Report the incident NOW!!!

They will understand that you were frightened and didn't know what to do and that's shy you're only calling now. They see it all the time, unfortunately.

But please call them! Find the non-emergency dispatch number and call that. Tell them you'd like an officer to come out - or if you don't want them to be seen at your house, ask them where you can meet the officer, say at a coffee shop or the station and tell them, in detail, what happened. EVERYTHING!

Hugs, Suzanne. I know how frightening that can be.

Thank you Angela! YAY, the storm is not coming here...great news so far!

Suzanne-did your friend apologize for him?

Kat-I did not thank you the other day for telling angela nice stuff about me. You are a sweetheart!

Michelle-still no news from your boss?

Have a great rest of the day everyone. We are packing some today. Tomorrow i get the 'official' yes on the apartment so I am stalling transfering anything over until i get the thumbs up. We still need to pack.

:)

Tracy, no news yet. I'm sure he'll call sometime this week. At least I would think he would. Who knows!

So glad the storm is going to miss you guys! Good news!

Hey Guys.

I'm going to use this fine Monday morning to kick myself in the ass and work on getting my life back undercontrol.

Last night at dinner I was so amazed at how much food I ate and more surprised at the speed I ate it. And you would have thought that it would have ended there. Nope, we snacked while we were watching a movie and then I came out and snacked some more right before I went to bed. Horrible and I have no excuse for it.

I'm sure alot of it has to do with what I have been thru in the last few weeks but I'm not looking for excuses right now. I'm looking to grab at it and get it undercontrol. So I'm going to start with getting my walking in and getting my Water in. With those 2 I'm on a good start.

The one thing I need to really do is to start to feel better about mself again. When I'm in a mental funk and not doing what a Good Bandster is supposed to do then it wears on me. I just wish I had better control of the forces that surround me, but since I don't then I'm going to take control of what I can. I know a good Bandster will follow the rules and that is where I'm going to go next. Go to my Doc's website and read the rules again. Starting over. You'd think as with as many times that I have started over that I would know them by heart. HUH. Fooled you.

So here's to the new me. Move it, Move it, Move it.:scared2:

Suzanne....we CAN do this. Lets get our butts in gear!

I can already tell i am using 'moving' as an excuse to eat JUNK. That is not acceptable. We can kick each others booty, ok?

I'm hearing you, Suzanne. I've gained nearly everything I lost in the last two weeks, back. :scared2: Five pounds since Saturday! I don't even know HOW that is possible but I've done it!

I do okay during the day but it's like after dinner, put a feed bag on and let me eat til I go to bed! WTH!!!

I do need to start exercising again. That's always been a big problem for me. I've got a perfectly good treadmill sitting in the other room. And for once, it's not piled up with DH's stuff. He tends to land things ON the treadmill that need to go downstairs! Go figure!

Anyway, I need to work on things too.

Hi ~

I would like to ask you all to please pray for, and add to any prayer chains you may be a member of, a young man by the name of Jarred V. He is my friend Marie's son, he was in a motorcycle wreck and fractured C-1, and C-2. He is in a drug induced coma to restrict ALL movement. He is currently breathing on his own, but they have him on a ventilator supplement, to keep him from struggling. They have no idea yet of movement...the Dr. said when they picked him up they said he was moving.

Of all things they think he was hit in the head by a bird! He does not have injuries indicative of the neck break being from impact with the pavement. A witness travelling the other way said it was something out of the air hit him in the side of the head. The other injuries are very few, and pretty minor---a fractured wrist, and road rash. This happen down south, and they air lifted him to UNM hospital in Albq.

She is of course extremely upset....I so wish there was something more I could do. I will be keeping her 3 grandkids for the day on Wed. I think while her DD goes down to see her Brother, but the kids are all 8, 10 and 12....so no big deal there.

Rick went to work at 4:30 this morning. He stopped at the end of the driveway, and tossed me my paper. Which is a normal thing. Well this morning, just as he went back to toss it, his elbow made contact with the trash dumpster--today is pick up day---and he forgot it was there, it startled the you know what out of him, and he turned loose of the paper wrong----and it come right through the front window pane! He was so upset! Mad at himself. He said he thought someone was standing there, and he jerked, sending it much faster than intended--and there was a magazine in todays edition, so it was heavy----well he was on his way to work. So I stuck plastic over it, then just finished cleaning it up and out, now need to get glass and get it in there---not what I planned on doing today!!!

Dads her gotta go~

Kat, I will keep Jarred in my prayers. That is horrible but I will keep good thoughts that all comes out ok. I guess you would just never think of a bird being the cause but it can happen. I remember we left Arkansas about 5am and with it being so dark you just don't see dead animals in the road. Hubby was so lucky that he kept his cool and didn't lose it. Those are the hazzards you never think of.

Hubby wanted to go with me for my walk this morning. He might think twice about asking to go again, lol. We walked. And walked. And walked. I was feeling really good and energized. Finally made it home. I did a few things around the house and then laid down and waited for me nephew to come and pick me up.

He was taking me over to get my sister and take her to have her blood drawn and to grocery shop. We got that all done and swung back by the house here and picked the hubby up. He drove us over to my sisters and dropped both of them off with the groceries. We headed home and I got his lunch for him and then I took off for another walk. Yup, this time I took doggie. We only walked for about 15 minutes. It's really hot out. Not humid but very warm. I'll go for one more walk this evening.

Last night it hit me hard that I had let my eating get out of hand. I know that having major surgery that things can get away from you but I need to not let it get that way. I'm going to make a more concious effort to not snack. That's where my problem is. I think a handfull here and a handfull there doesn't add up. Wrong, it does. So I'm going to work on that.

Thanks guys for standing with me on this. I need to be really hard on myself because I never want to gain back what I have lost already. I'm down 200 pounds and I'll slit my wrist before I let that creep back up.

I hope you are all having a great day.

Tracy, you about all packed again?? Poor thing but you are making the right move.

I'll check in after my next walk.

Kat-I am so sorry about your friends son! I will definitely keep them all in my prayers.

I am too pooped to pack anymore. Goodnight ya'll :ohmy: