Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Home Thread...for the thread homeless :)

TracyK

Feeling human today!!! Peeing is no longer the dreaded thing it had turned into!!! LOL--sorry but it is true! Who would have ever thought such a normal thing could turn so disastrous??? I have had an occasional UTI before, I thought that was all I was going to deal with----wooooo glad it is behind me!!!

Have to tell you what I have been doing. Do not laugh!!! Manda, my DD, as you know is doing the roller derby thing, well she was in 7th heaven over the butt it is giving her---she has always had my figure (or lack there of) and has no butt. Well skating has given her a round butt, she was soooo happy! So when I commented on my inability to skate, with the tumor and all, she bought me this slide thing. You put it on the floor, and slide back and forth. it is really fun. Kinsey and I play on it. And today I put on these knit stretchy capris, and looked in the mirror, and I HAVE AN ASS!!!!!!! I was so surprised!!! I looked to see if I looked lumpy and bumpy in them and was so impressed I had to laugh at myself! Here I am trying to lose weight and gain an ass!!! LOL I have not btw lost any weight doing the sliding.

I have a teacher who lives across the street. She is apparantly teaching some sort of classes out of her house. There are cars coming and going all the time, dropping kids off, picking kids up, and doors slamming all day! Not distracting really, I just keep wondering if someone is here--and it is apparantly class change time over there!

In the evening she is doing an adult class or an older group, because they all drive, and park all over the place. If I ever have company, it is going to be an issue, I expect to be able to have my own visitors park at my home, not down the block. But I do not want to cause problems. She is a really nice woman.

I only bring it up, because I am expecting my Mom to come by and I keep hearing car doors....but no Mom!

Well Rick told his Mom last night we were not going to TX. They made us rework our schedule several times to coordinate with their class reunion which the dates got changed on. So we worked it out, and planned to leave next Thursday when Rick gets off. Travel Thurs. & Fri. Then that puts us in during the daylight on Fri. early afternoon, and the reunion begins Sat. Then we planned on leaving on Mon. Rick and I and going to San Antonio, for a couple days. Well she tells him last night that his sister decided to go, so she is driving them down earlier in the week. So that means, the ONLY reason they want Rick, is so he can mend fences, and cull the herd, basic manual labor, free of charge. While his sister gets her fuel paid for, all her meals paid for, and does squat. So he told them he is not going. We have yet to hear from them again. I KNOW we will end up going. We have family we want to see etc. BUT....they need to think about it for awhile!

They take him so for granted, it hurts me for him, he is seeing it more and more, and it sucks. He got that line from his son, about having to do everything, but they lived there free of charge, they had an exchange going on. Rick gets NOTHING. Even in the end, he gets equal with his siblings, even tho he does all the labor. I would support him if we didn't go at all. But, I do not want one of these health problems to be bad enough that he boycotted his last times with his parents...ya know what I mean?

Well Mom is finally here, the one door I paid no attention to and I see her walking up!!!

Kat, I'm so glad that you are feeling better. I've never had a UTI so I'm not sure how painful one is. But that sounded really scary.

That is funny about the roller derby butt. A friend of mne has one of those slide things. I'll have to ask her how she's doing with it.

I went and got the boys and brought them over to swim for a while. When I went to take them home they wanted to know if I was going to feed them. lol. So we stopped at McDonald's for Connor and then went to Wendy's for Ben. Good thing they have dollar menu's.

Came home and my BIL grlled some burgers for us. What a treat for us. dinner was really good.

OMG i am so sorry with my neglect of all my friends here. Schools out, Frank has been off work and it has been one thing after another.

Tonight was macys girl scout bridging ceremony going from daisies to brownies. It was really nice.

I am so sleepy and i will catch up with everyone tomorrow. :thumbup:

We went with Becky & Gary to go to dinner, we were going to go to the Olive Garden, but the wait was forever, so we went next door to this little winery and bistro. Was ok food, nothing to write home about, unless you wanted to exclaim over the prices!!! I had tilapia, and it was excellent, but it should have been for what it cost!

Then we went to get a couple of things for the house, and Rick got called out.....grrrrrr This new set up is not working in my opinion....but going to be quiet about it, I am sure he is not thrilled about it either so no sense in making him feel worse because I am mad too!!!

Suzie, your nephews sound like my grandson, he expects Burger King----it is part of the Granny package he thinks!!

Manda said she took Kinsey to see the new Shrek and they loved it.

Well Rick just called, and no one showed so looks like I need to go pick him up, I just dropped him off at the yard. Figures, it is my fuel the company is burning.

Paid the medical bills today, feel poorer, but just glad to get them all out of here, and it to be over for sure!

Gotta go get the man.....cya!

Picked Rick up at 8:30-----he got called in again at 9:30~~ he rode his bike in, and then didn't get home til 4:30 this morning. He had to drive 6 hours out to location to tell them the fan hub was broken, now is waiting for the home office to get a new one hot shotted in. When it gets here, they will do the repair. He is hoping they can limp the truck back in to do it in the shop, rather than having to drive 6 hours out in the field to do it......and will be working all night again.

Kind of got a response from the family in us not going to TX---people are freaking out, because Rick does all the work. They are realizing that it will be a mess if he quits going.....finding it kinda funny to be honest!

We went to a big craft sale/yard sale thing in town today, bought me a new purse---multi color leather with great storage, while being small---I hope it works as well as I think it will.

When we come home, we finally hooked up the cooler, everyone was freaking out we had not needed it yet. It has been in the upper 90's brke a hundred yesterday and today both. Figured that is what would happen, finally hit summer, just skipped Spring!!! But we put in new pads, and it is ready to go when we need it. We cool with a swamp cooler, not refridgerated air. Normally does really well here, because we have such dry air.

Just checking in....will be back later when I am alone!

We turned our air on Thursday morning when we left for the hospital. They were calling for it to be really hot Friday and Saturday and I told hubby that I didn't think I wanted to be sweating while I was recuperating. Little did we know. But the air is still on because it has been really hot here. But tomorrow it's supposed to cool off and stay in the low 80's for the week. So we may just turn the air off for the week.

In California we had a swamp cooler. I really miss that. This AC is too cold for me.

Went to mass this evening and it was pretty emotional. Everyone asking how I was doing. I did have a long talk with Father and that made me feel better.

Kat, how funny that the family is starting to realize what a gem Rick is now that they won't have him there to do all the things that he does. What a good kick in their butts.

We are having spaghetti for dinner. I haven't fixed it in a long time. The house smells wonderful.

Have a good weekend.

SOOOOO tired! And after waking up already swollen, I really look pregnant tonight! LOL!

Hah! Finally LOOK pregnant and I don't even have anything left that CAN be pregnant! LOL!!!!!!!

'Night!

Hi everyone...I am here and I am reading what you say. I just do not have really anything to say that is on a positive note right now and you all have enough crap to deal with without me chunking mine in there too.

Just remember i love all of you, i am not leaving, just laying low.

Tracy, chunk away! That's what we're here for!!!!

HUGS!!!!

~~~~~

Kat, how are you feeling? I think it's WONDERFUL that you aren't going to Texas. Plan a trip somewhere else, like say, Yosemite. Then we could meet! LOL! How are you feeling?

Suzanne, still praying and hugging on ya! How are YOU feeling?

Cindy, Bethany and Angela, Hi and hugs to ya!

~~~~~

Wow! Still look preggers! LOL! Am thinking I've overdone it just a smidge the last couple of days.

Burned to a near crisp as well. This white, well, bright pink now, skin hasn't see the light of day in MONTHS and I forgot the sunscreen! Duh!!! DD got lathered up but forgot to do me. And DH. He's not near as bad as I am tho. I was wearing a tanktop.

Tired but it's all good. We had a great time.

Hope y'all have a great day! Love ya!

Well here I sit---Rick is on another call out! Grrrrrr. But trying to remain as positive about it as I can, I know he hates it too, so doing my best not to make it worse for him.

Went and had Chinese for lunch with my folks, Manda and Kinsey---was great! Ate too much, now trying to get liquid in, to work with my antibiotics, and gave myself hiccups!!!

I have no doubt we will end up going to Texas. We WANT to go. We have family there we love. And we have our own responsibilities there----we do have cattle to see to, not pawn off on others, as it is done to us!!! So, before the plan was to go down quickly, so they would make their reunion. Then work through the weekend, then leave on Monday to go to San Antonio for a day or so. Then back work some more, and straight shot it home so Rick could go back to work Monday.

Now the plan is to meander that way. Stop and see some friends in Lubbock, and an Uncle in a little town along the way. Hit our stops we like to make if there is time---we will now have the time! Then go to the farm, so we can be there for the family gathering on Saturday night--we are leaving here Thurs. btw. Then check our herd on Sunday, go to SA on Mon. and stay a couple of days, as opposed to one. Rick has never been to any of the Sea World exhibits, so maybe take him there. We want to do a river float, and the River Walk. Then when we are done, we might swing back by the farm, and we might not, we might just head back. He is not putting in fence post, he is not shredding, he is not spending hours getting equipment up and running.....

We seriously thought about not going at all, but in my opinion that makes us as bad as those I get pissy with, not taking care of their own crap. We will go and see to our stuff and then go play. It will actually send a louder message with us being there and NOT working, than us simply not being there I think.

We are without a doubt getting old!!! We are standing our ground and being grouchy as we want to be and to hell with it!!! LOL

No, the other issue is the family we are anxious to see, many of them are quite elderly, and his parents are as well....so while we can get together with them we will, we will never be sorry we spent the time with them. But that will be the difference. Usually when they come out to the ranch to see us, Rick is off on a tractor or we are the other side of the creek mending fence and we miss them anyway. This trip, we will see people. If anyone is worried about fencing, they need to go pound a few posts of their own, and buy them as well. We spend hundred and hundreds of dollars every year....no one else does.

I am so anxious to actually go and have fun!!!

Tracy, I am so sorry you are in a funk. Wish I could share some of my good humor with you!!!

I have been feeling so blessed. You are all a part of that. Having this outlet is such a blessing. I get feedback, and know you care about why I feel a certain way.

Never worry about dumping on us!!! It is sometimes a relief to know we are not alone! I did not mean to rub in the CS being over, because believe me, I understand that, as well as anyone could! For years we paid while the kids lived with us----then the last fiasco. I know the kids have to be the #1 priority to a judge in a court, but there is simply no justice.

Well off to finish my book, Manda is waiting to read it she said!!

Did you all read the book "Like Water for Elephants"? They are making a movie!!

Will check in later girls!

Thanks Michelle & Kat.

I know nothing will change FOR me unless I do something myself. My mom always taught me to be 'independent' that way. "never rely on anyone to 'fix things for you." So...with that said, I got online today and applied & submitted my resume to 2 school districts looking for Admin. Assistant, clerical or A/R. There were several positions open. I will keep my fingers crossed. Of course DH is not that enthused about me talking about going back to work Oh well, it is a step i need to take....FOR ME!

Kat-wish I could meet up with you in SA. When are ya'll going?

Suzanne-how are you? How was the spaghetti???

Michelle...is it a boy or a girl? LOL (sorry, had to say that)

Suz, Kat & Jen-did ya'll see that Haydee is pregnant? I am happy for her. She will make a fantastic mother!!

Have a great night friends :)

Wow, Haydee is pregnant. How cool. I kinda hope she has a girl that looks just like her. I have always thought she was so pretty. Good Luck to them.

Sitting here in a funk, I think I'm still trying to wrap my brain around all that has happened. Looks like I have a real busy day ahead of me tomorrow trying to get my Docs all in a row. This is going to be interesting.

Kat, your trip sounds like a lot of fun. I have never been to SA and hope to some day. Glad that you guys decided to go because it is very important to visit all the people you can. That's one reason why I am looking forward to our trip this summer. But the family needs to know that you guys can't and shouldn't be taken advantage of. Hopefully they will see this time around that they need to respect you guys more. Good Luck.

Michelle, Pregnant? LOL. I felt that way after my surgery. All bloated and I would keep my hands on my belly like I was protecting it from anyone hitting it. So I'm sure it probably looked like I was pregnant.

We had a nice quiet day just hubby and I. We were sitting out on the deck enjoying the afternoon and listening to the ball game when a hand shot up over the fence. It was Daniel from down the street. Kat and Tracy know about him. He's 22 years old but has the mind of a 7 year old. Everyone in the neighborhood watches out for him. Well, he was standing there in his bathing shorts and a towel. We allowed him to come in to go swimming and he had a good time. We said we would give him an hour but he got out of the pool after 30 minutes and said he was done. Just in time for my nephew to call and ask if he could bring Abby over to swim. All 3 of them came over and we cooked hot dogs and had chips and fruit. So all in all it was a good day. I'll take it. I hope I was pleasant enough tho, my ass was killing me the whole time and I tried not to show it.

I haven't worked since last Tuesday. I'm going back in tomorrow morning and working a 3 hour shift. I'll work till we get this all figured out.

Hope everyone had a great weekend.

Hi Jenn.

Hi ya'll...

How is everyone? We had a really busy weekend here.

We had a meeting with the school on Friday for Zach. It turns out that he did not pass his math portion of the TAKS test (State of Texas testing) that he is required to do before being advanced to the ninth grade. He missed it by THREE questions. It really breaks my heart. He is usually an A-B student in all subjects except for math. He generally keeps a low B and on occasion a high C in there. While I understand the importance of Math, I HATE generalized testing. Just hate it.

Zach had a little breakdown on Friday. He was so heartbroken. Through tears, He said "Mom, I tried so hard."

He has one more opportunity to pass...after taking 15 days of summer school. I think the summer school is a blessing in disguise as he really could use in the extra help in math before hitting high school but it doesn't make me feel any better about that stupid test.

We spent the weekend at the bayhouse, mulching, planting and tearing up our pier. We are going to need a new bulkhead sooner rather than later...to the tune of about $8000.00 :).

My band has also been giving me trouble. I had a fill put in back in April. I believe it was .2 or something like that. Not much at all, but it's the same .2 that I keep telling my doctor is too much. He told me, "No, you could use in a fill." We have done this twice already and both times I have had to have it removed. I reluctantly agreed because I haven't been loosing any weight and now I wake up with heartburn several times a week. I think the real problem is that we are eating too late in the evening. I am going to try liquids (again, sigh) hopefully for a few days and see if I can't get things turned around. If not, back to the doctor I go.

Also, you guys...I don't want to burden you with any more problems as I know we are all going through our own issues, but would you keep Zach in your prayers for the next two days? It's a long story, but on Christmas Eve last year Zachary had a bad accident with an elevator that is on this new house we bought (a steel cage elevator). The previous owner's wife was terminally ill and used a scooter to get around so they had it put in for her.

On Christmas Eve, we were using it to haul up our gifts, luggage and ice chest to spend what would have been our first night there. Zachary was on the second floor in the elevator and I had used the stairs to carry more stuff up. I remember turning around to talk to him and watching the cable come unwound. He free fell back to the bottom floor.

He ended up having something called compartment compression syndrome and they opened his arm from wrist to elbow to release the pressure. He also severed a muscle and tendon. They had to take two really big pieces of skin from his leg to close his arm when the drainage was complete. He spent 11 days in the hospital.

We have some doctor's appointments tomorrow and he will have his fourth surgery on Tuesday. His surgeon at this point is slowly removing the skin graft and pulling his arm back together to make it look more normal.

I can't describe to you my guilt about the whole thing. In hindsight, even though I rode the elevator with the previous owner when we were getting ready to buy it, we should have had it inspected. We never asked him when the last time he had it inspected was. Who knows, it could have went through Hurricane Ike and still not been checked afterwards. Zach had no business on it...and I had told him to do it.

Anyhow, sorry for my emotional post. I hate that Zach is dealing with so much right now and as a mom, I wish I could make everything ok, you know?

Angela

Hi everyone, I suppose it's time to come out of lurking and introduce myself! I've been reading all of LBT off and on for about a year now and a couple of the ongoing threads caught my attention, mostly because you all seem so nice :)

My name is Terri, I'm 49 and have been looking into being banded for a year. Of course now that I've decided to to it and want to do it NOW I find out my insurance requires 6 months supervised diet before they'll look at it. And even then no guarantees. ughhhh

Kat, I live in Farmington!! I was going to come vote early and introduce myself but time got away from me and it was regular voting day before I knew it lol. I would love to meet you and pick your brain about the band.

I've got 2 kids, dd 27 in Phoenix going to law school and ds 22 here and works for us (oilfield), a dh, 3 dogs of ours, 2 dogs of dd's while she's in school, and her cat. It's a regular zoo around here!

So that's about it for me, I just thought it was about time I introduced myself.

Angela, feel free to unload all that here, it is one of the best things about this group! In all honesty our bands have little to do with it anymore!

Your son will be on my prayer list for both the arm, and his math! One is an important as the other to him. My former MIL told me that one time, to always remember that kids problems to them were as big as ours. To them fighting with their friends was as devastating as us battling with a spouse. That always stuck with me.

I can understand the guilt---you had no idea, but there is nothing anyone can say to alleve that! Time and his healing will help I hope.

Hope all goes well for Haydee. She and Juan have lived together for ages, so it isn't like she has any adapting to married life so to speak. I had not heard. They all removed me from their friends lists....not sure what brought that on....but I am fine with it.

Suzie---maybe the company helped occupy your mind for awhile today. I woul dhave come by begging pool time too!!! We have contemplated one, but I know nothing about above ground pools, and it would have to be one of those.....is yours in ground?

Tracy---I know Frank is not thrilled with the idea of you working, but I think a job with the school district would be ideal. Macy would always have you around. When Frank has weekdays off would be the only issue. I was unsure of going back when I went to the eye Dr. (got gossip there!!!) but in the end I did it, because I was afraid Rick was getting laid off and wanted to stash some money, and pay off some bills, which we did. Was well worth it. And if I could work daily the mornings like I did for early voting, I would jump all over that!

Looks like we will be in SA a week from tomorrow. Would LOVE to hook up with you! I will have my phone, and will call you! If nothing else, maybe we can swing part way and get together for dinner, or lunch or a beer, or something!!!

When Rick got home, we tossed some burgers on the grill. Then my parents come by to check out what all will need to be watered while we are gone, so we tossed on a couple extra! Was nice, had 2 meals with them today!!!

I have gained weight again....5 pounds up! I have to get walking again, or hit my elliptical, SOMETHING to get moving, that is my key. I KNOW it. I keep thinking if I get a dog, I would make myself walk it daily. I for some reason am not worth it to take myself, but would for a dog. Guess that says something......

Well I am going to read for awhile and head off to bed. Taking my Mom to town tomorrow, so will check in at some point, depending on if we go early or late!