Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Home Thread...for the thread homeless :)

TracyK

Good Morning all

I hope you are all doing well.

Work is going better, I think me and my boss have a good understanding, which makes my life so much easier

I am exhausted but somehow still find time to see George outside of work 2-3 nights a week. I so enjoy him, 1 night a week (last night) i go directly to his house and wait for him to get out after work, shower, get dinner together, we went riding for 2 hours, beautiful country ride, and then just relaxed. It is such a normal life... I didn't even know such a thing exhisted and I kind of like it.

No one at work knows we are dating because technically he works for head company so that would be a conflict of interest.

Other than that, All is well, still doing the isagenix program, was pms this week so it slowed me down but I feel pretty good and have lost 15lbs since being on it for a month and I'm only doing 1 shake a day and not 2. My belt is 2 notches tighter than it was so I'll take it!

Anyway, miss you all!

I have to go get ready to leave, going to rain today... yuck

Kat: I hope you feel better soon! That had to have been really scary.

Hi Jenn, so good to hear from you. We miss you alot. When I read that about you and George I had a sigh of relief. So glad to hear that things are running smooth in a relationship for you. It's about time. And great job on the weight loss. Check in soon again.

I'm up and so desperately want something to drink. I will take a little sip but would really like my hot chocolate. Last load of laundry is in. When it's done I will shave my legs and then take a shower. I'm supposed to scrub my back and use clean towels to dry off. I'll head to church and then come home and grab my stuff. I packed a little overnight bag. A robe, slippers, gameboy and a few other little things I'm thinking I might need.

I got to meet some of my scrub nurses last night. I showed them me on the board. They gave me some good info. The girls that we work with said they would check in on Hubby. Said they will go into the waiting room and ask "Has she had that baby yet". We talked about getting ballons and streamers and confetti to decorate the OR with so I feel at home. We made all kinds of plans. It was really funning but most of all it eased my mind. Took a little relief off. At one point I was back in the DeCon room talking with Laura and they brought in equipment to be cleaned. It was from a knee replacement. I actually had to walk away. It was turning my tummy and making me nervous.

Hubby said he would have a big cup of iced tea waiting for me in my room when I get there. I wish I could have it now.

My sister will text you Tracy, so will you post to everyone that all is ok? Hubby is not a typer and I'm not taking my lap-top. I made a small list of people's phone numbers for my sis to text. It will be from my phone so you should recognize it.

Everyone have a great day and hopefully I will be home tomorrow afternoon and be back on here. See you soon.

Morning!

You're on my mind Suzie...best wiishes for a smooth and easy recovery.

Yuck, Kat! I hope you get over that UTI quickly too.

Tracy...where are you??

I was watching the weather this morning on the news and it is not looking so great for this afternoon. If you want to still go, I am game. Otherwise, we can reschedule?

They said we had 50 mph winds here last night with hail in some places. Glad I slept through it! Lots of people without power this morning.

I need to get working....

Have a good day!

Angela

Tracy...where are you?? Right here :wink2:

I was watching the weather this morning on the news and it is not looking so great for this afternoon. If you want to still go, I am game. Otherwise, we can reschedule? I totally forgot about it...today macy gets out of school ealy AND I saw that the weather is supposed to be bad too. We can do it some other time. Not to mention i am not a very happy camper these days, i doubt i would be good company. :biggrin: I will look at dh schedule and get with you later, ok? I can not wait to meet up.

They said we had 50 mph winds here last night with hail in some places. Glad I slept through it! Lots of people without power this morning. no wonder our lights flickered and macy craweled in my bed!!!

I need to get working.... have a good one and be careful in this weather!

Have a good day!

Angela

Suzanne-i will say big prayers and i will post here as soon as i get the word from your sister! You are gonna do GREAT!

I will post more later...just kinda blah today. I'm sorry ya'll.

Okay, it's been awhile but here goes the multi-post Queen! LOL!!!

Michelle the dry heaving before anything come up is pretty common I understand for a bandster who is literally throwing up from illness or whatever as opposed to PB'ing or emptying the pouch.

That makes me feel better. It was like I was barking air before anything could come up! So weird! And it was so hard that I actually popped little blood vessels in the skin all around my eyes!!

Do you have meds for nausea, to avoid the throwing up? I have 2 different ones, one is pill form, but I also have one that disolves under your tongue---they both make me really sleepy.

I have some Reglan (sp?) from surgery. I forgot about that!

Sure hope you feel better!!!!

I do feel better, thank you! Yesterday I was pretty wiped out but today feel back to myself again.

Got my keys turned in to the Fire Station, pay voucher signed, and looks like I am done for a couple weeks anyway! They ask me to come back and do some data entry on the new registers, or info changes on registrations. She figured it would be 40-60 hours work, with all the detail they take to get ready for the Secretary of the State. I can do it anytime between June 15th, and August 15th. I can work a couple hours a day here and there, or go in and whip it all out, they don't care! I just have to have them all ready to go to Santa Fe by the end of August. She said it is something that will likely be extended as long as I am willing to do them through the General election in November. Several candidates have registration drives scheduled---so the work will be ongoing. I LOVE it! Then I will work as I did this last month come October....but hope to just work that election not presiding judge it! LOL

That all sounds great! I'd go for it! So glad all the stress is over for you! I know I would've flipped out!!!!

Suzie---hope your test is all good news, echo's are fun to watch, I always get nervous with Rick's hoping they find nothing wrong. Let us know ASAP!!!

I am SOOOO proud of you for saying that your sisters were on their own, and acknowledging how good it felt to say it! Many people do for others, and bemoan it, always in a doom and gloom mood, I know I have mentioned some I know that way, that are martyrs.....I love how you recognize the freedom in the sentence!!!

DITTO!!!

Tracy & Angela have fun!!! I am jealous!

Me too!

Cindy---Rock summer school, and shock the sh*t out of those other teachers by what you do with your 12 kids!!!! I will be saying strong prayers for you and them both!!

DITTO!

I would LOVE to party down, but will likely put it off for a day -- I think I am coming down with a UTI.....I am slamming the cranberry pills, and juice, and Water, hoping, to catch it quick enough to avoid a Dr. Rick is off Fri. & Sat. but has to work for a friend on Sunday. So one of those nights is our party night!!!

Well I am off to prop up my feet, see if I can feel better!

Happy B-Day Angela!!

I was late going in today and I am already home. My hands just hurt. I see the ortho on Tuesday so maybe he can work his magic. I had surgery on the left hand in 2006 and the right in 2007 but because I am still doing the same work all of my symptoms are back. I think I am going to look into the voice activated software. I have many many years to work.

I'm so sorry you are hurting. :biggrin:

Kat-That job sounds perfect. Gives you a little extra money without taking up a bunch of your time.

Suzie-How did it go? I have been thinking of you all day. Tomorrow is the big day....I am glad you will finally be getting some deserved rest even if it is part of your recovery. You are not going to know what to do with yourself.

Michelle-I agree with Kat, it sounds like the flu or something....I hope you feel better soon, there is nothing worse like being sick to your stomach and having to take care of little ones.

Thanks. I'm pretty sure it was a flu bug of some sort. Glad it's over!

I forgot to tell you all that last week I swear that my band had slipped. I had the worst chest pain, reflux and kept PBing everytime I ate.....except for 3 cupcakes that I managed Friday and then Sunday everything was back to normal. I hate this band sometimes...especially when this happens and I still have at least 60 lbs. to lose. Have any you considered revising to something else? I am seriously considering the sleeve.

Oh no! That must have been scary!

Well, you've got my support no matter what you decide to do. The band is a lot harder than I thought it would be. I have discovered that I've got "issues" that I didn't know I had. I've been eating around the band lately. Not good.

Talk to you all soon.

Bethany

If the sleeve had been available, and either affordable, or covered under my insurance, I would have considered it. Only because I have to travel 6 hours one way for fills and check ups. I liked the fact that my body was not altered with the band, it is reversable if I do not react favorably. When they cut away parts of your stomach, they are gone. That kind of freaks me out! BUT, not having to deal with fills would be nice too. One woman who used to be here that revised to the sleeve is freaking out at how bad her reflux is....and that scares me, because there is no loosening the band to help.

I agree Kat. I once told my Doc that if something happened that I only wanted him to do the stomach cut part of the bypass (basically sleeving the stomach)! He laughed and said nothing was going to happen. This was after that emergency unfill I had to have. But it all scares me too!

I am going to ride this band wagon as long as I can....and hope and pray all goes well!!!

I just got home from Urgent Care, I have a massive UTI. I knew I was getting symptoms, but then started bleeding pretty heavy---freaked me out, I had a hysterectomy years ago!

Oh No!!! Rest and feel better soon! Too bad I wasn't closer I could come take care of you!

So I am off to bed. See you all tomorrow. Check in Suzanne, I am worried!

Good Morning all

I hope you are all doing well.

WhooHoo! Hi Jenn!!!!!

Work is going better, I think me and my boss have a good understanding, which makes my life so much easier

Glad to hear it!

I am exhausted but somehow still find time to see George outside of work 2-3 nights a week. I so enjoy him, 1 night a week (last night) i go directly to his house and wait for him to get out after work, shower, get dinner together, we went riding for 2 hours, beautiful country ride, and then just relaxed. It is such a normal life... I didn't even know such a thing exhisted and I kind of like it.

No one at work knows we are dating because technically he works for head company so that would be a conflict of interest.

Sounds so nice! That's good.

Other than that, All is well, still doing the isagenix program, was pms this week so it slowed me down but I feel pretty good and have lost 15lbs since being on it for a month and I'm only doing 1 shake a day and not 2. My belt is 2 notches tighter than it was so I'll take it!

Yipee! Great job!

Anyway, miss you all!

Miss you too!!!

I have to go get ready to leave, going to rain today... yuck

Hi Jenn, so good to hear from you. We miss you alot. When I read that about you and George I had a sigh of relief. So glad to hear that things are running smooth in a relationship for you. It's about time. And great job on the weight loss. Check in soon again.

I'm up and so desperately want something to drink. I will take a little sip but would really like my hot chocolate. Last load of laundry is in. When it's done I will shave my legs and then take a shower. I'm supposed to scrub my back and use clean towels to dry off. I'll head to church and then come home and grab my stuff. I packed a little overnight bag. A robe, slippers, gameboy and a few other little things I'm thinking I might need.

Sounds like you're all ready to go!

I got to meet some of my scrub nurses last night. I showed them me on the board. They gave me some good info. The girls that we work with said they would check in on Hubby. Said they will go into the waiting room and ask "Has she had that baby yet". We talked about getting ballons and streamers and confetti to decorate the OR with so I feel at home. We made all kinds of plans. It was really funning but most of all it eased my mind. Took a little relief off. At one point I was back in the DeCon room talking with Laura and they brought in equipment to be cleaned. It was from a knee replacement. I actually had to walk away. It was turning my tummy and making me nervous.

I'm glad you got to have fun with it all last night! Sorry about the instruments. That must have been hard.

Hubby said he would have a big cup of iced tea waiting for me in my room when I get there. I wish I could have it now.

My sister will text you Tracy, so will you post to everyone that all is ok? Hubby is not a typer and I'm not taking my lap-top. I made a small list of people's phone numbers for my sis to text. It will be from my phone so you should recognize it.

Everyone have a great day and hopefully I will be home tomorrow afternoon and be back on here. See you soon.

Lots of hugs and prayers, Suzanne!

Morning!

Good morning!

You're on my mind Suzie...best wiishes for a smooth and easy recovery.

Yuck, Kat! I hope you get over that UTI quickly too.

Tracy...where are you??

I was watching the weather this morning on the news and it is not looking so great for this afternoon. If you want to still go, I am game. Otherwise, we can reschedule?

Yuck! Think I'd reschedule the meet up too!

They said we had 50 mph winds here last night with hail in some places. Glad I slept through it! Lots of people without power this morning.

I need to get working....

Have a good day!

You too!

Angela

Suzanne-i will say big prayers and i will post here as soon as i get the word from your sister! You are gonna do GREAT!

I will post more later...just kinda blah today. I'm sorry ya'll.

Hang in there, Tracy! Hugs!!!

~~~~~

Feeling SO much better today! Good thing. I've got stuff that I need to do. DD's b-day party is on Saturday so I need to get some things done.

Kind of funny but I decided to apply at the new Burger King that is opening in town. You do all of it online. So I went on last night filled EVERYTHING out and then it NEVER went thru! I don't really want to work there but thought what the heck. Guess I'm not supposed to work there! LOL!

Well, better get moving. Have a great day y'all!

Thinking of you today Suzie..

Tracy-Hang in there. Come here to vent if you need to, since most of us can usually sympathize.

Hi Jen-I know I am a stranger but it is good to hear that your personal life is back on track.

Hi Angela-Do you have anything good planned for the weekend?

Ooh Kat-Get some rest. Hopefully you caught this in time to get the discomfort under control. It's amazing how fast the antibiotics can work.

Okay, I better get to work. I have many fires to put out and ignoring them does not solve the problem. So I will talk to you all later.

B

What a miserable freaking night! I ended up in the ER. I was having bladder or kidney spasms earlier when I went to the Urgent Care---but (I will try not to be too gross!!!!) I had been to the bathroom, and the contraction feeling hit, and would not let up, and my legs would not function! I literally could not stand up! Scary, Wierd...and PAINFUL! Yelled at Rick, and he helped me up, and I could stand, but walking was difficult, I hurt so freaking bad. We left for the ER, and I was in kidney contracture or some such thing. They gave me an IV, hit me with muscle relaxers and pain meds, and life was good again. They also administered some antibiotics through the IV, and this morning, when I finally got up about 45 minutes ago---I am sore, but my belly is soft again, it was 'knock on wood' hard last night, and my back aches, but it is not painful. I am thinking I will live afterall! He told me to continue with the oral antibiotics, and gave me a Rx to use in place of the AZO, will fill it today.....the relief is enormous.

I come home and wanted a shower---Rick insisted on being in the shower, not just in the bathroom--doofus! Then hit my bed with the electric blanket on high all night.....this morning is blessed relief!

Rick said I about roasted him alive!!! LOL

Should have known we would get a slew of last minute bills, when we sent off the last of the CS. There were 3 in todays mail. New glasses, new contact lens exam, and since her old one was less than a year old, insurance does not cover a dime....but the $300.00 is less than attorney fees to fight it.....which just boils my blood! Pisses me off so bad! Then one for her annual exam, and her Depo shot----most of that one was covered, we just owe a $50.00 co-pay, and $17.00 of the shot cost. Then a dental one for $282.00 and some odd cents. They are replacing fillings.

I have no issue with her getting her health in order before insurance ends---she did not take us up on the offer to continue her insurance if she is attending college, so guess she is not going. I just feel like she is 19---actually today she is 19. She should pay her own birth control. And she should be like the rest of us and only one eye exam a year, unless SHE wants to pay the other. But......that will not happen, and like I say it is cheaper to pay it and move forward. Not let this ruin me, emotionally. It took me a long time to develop the outlook I now have. I went through the depression Tracy is experiencing, especially during the court packed years. Then my brother in law, lay in bed dying of a brain tumor and he and I were talking about it, and he told me to neverlet her see me sweat--like the old commercial! He was saying more than anything, she would love to see our marriage fail, and she would know Rick was unhappy--as I would be, and that would thrill her to pieces. He was right too----she would have loved to have broke us ---emotionally as well as financially. He told me to show her we had what she never did, and never would. I had heard it before, but something clicked, and it was "Game On". From that point we were a team to be reckoned with!! Not that we have not had hard times since, but we ARE a team! He has my back in all things....and I his. It was such a relief to let go of the anger at her, and use the energy to focus on making US happy instead. We would get a bad letter in the mail, a new lawsuit from her----and we would deal with it, but not focus on it, that was our attorneys job. Ours was to find something to bring pleasure to ourselves. Sounds silly---but when you change your focus----it helps.

Suzie---prayers, and good thoughts, and tons and tons of love go with you today!! Someone PLEASE let me know what is going on. I am still using the old work phone (read FREE) so have no texting on it!

Jenn, good to hear good things from you!!! So what would happen if word got out about you and George?

Michelle, you can also keep some dramamine handy, and it helps with nausea---if you have a chance for it to settle. I will try to dig my stuff out, so you can have a name, and ask your Dr. for some. They dissolve under your tongue---cause less drowsiness than phenergan, and they WORK!!!

Bethany---good luck "firefighting" if you run out I will send some!!! LOL Seems like it is always fire season doesn't it??? Maybe we should send them all to Michelles hubby!!! Nah that would be cruel!!!

Off to prop up my feet......and read my new Nora Roberts book I guess....Lazy day, and not by choice---I wanted to play in my flowers.

Oh Kat! Good Lord! You don't do things in half measures do you? LOL! I know you want to play in your flowers but please sit quietly and read your book. There is plenty of time to play in the flowers. Hugs!

Bethany, hope you got your fires out! And no don't send them to my DH! He's on vacation til next Thursday anyway so it wouldn't do you any good! LOL!

Got my work done and a couple of errands so far. Need to go get our organic veggie box later and I'll run a few more errands when we go. Then I'm done for the day.

Suzanne, just got your PM. Hugs!!!!!

You guys, Thanks so much for the PM's.

Right now I am a huge puddle of mess. I haven't eaten since dinner last night and hubby is trying desperatly to get me to eat. I just can't do it. I have to dry the tears up first. He even offered to go get me some ice cream. Ok, you know I'm not doing good when I turn down ice cream. I told him maybe later after the sun goes down.

I am also hoping that it's just a misunderstanding and that they read the report wrong. Let's all keep our fingers crossed for that.

Angela and Tracy, did you guys get a chance to meet? I hope so, even wish I was there.

Thank You so much for all the kind words and for being there when I need you. You guys Rock.

Oh Suzie~ I cannot believe all you are going thru. I mean I am glad they are being careful, and taking your overall health into consideration, but what a horrible thing to go through. I am soo sorry.

I agree that if it was extremely serious, they would have had you in the OR without any time delay, but I have doubt they know what emotional toll this is taking.

Try your best to eat someting, and let your hubby hold you. He is scared too---draw on strength from one another.

We have been in similar situations---they told us Rick needed immediate heart surgery, then they caused the blood clot, and we had to wait from May to August---and he was just getting worse and worse---it was so scary. Holding tight to one another, and sharing the fears is all that got us through it.

My heart goes out to the both of you. ((((HUGS))))

Thank You Kat. Thanks for the kind words and wisdom.

My friend Bob said that the way my sisers keep my blood pressure up that he was really surprized. He thinks Hubby and I need to exercise my heart tonight. He's a hoot.

Suzie, I wish I could stretch across the miles and give you a big hug. I thought about you a lot today.

I am sorry to hear about what is going on. I know you wanted this over with, but... I too am glad they are proceeding with caution.

Please try to rest, let hubby dote on you and eat.

Angela

I agree with everyone Suzie, better safe.......I know it is hard to relax....is it possible to have your doctor speak to a cardiologist and review the eco together while you are waiting for an appointment so that you can rest your mind some? Stay strong, eat some ice cream and cuddle up with hubby and watch a good movie. Please get some rest and keep us updated when you can and know that you have a lot of love coming in from all of us.

Alright, I have to help with homework. I will talk to you all tomorrow.

B

I'm up and moving, although not like I'm worth anything today. Still a big puddle of mess but at least I got a little sleep last night. This waiting thing is going to suck.

My nephews live-in is having her gallbladder taken out today. They were in the ER most of the day yesterday. So I told him I would come over and sit with him during the surgery. Later today I will run over and get all 4 kids and bring them over here for a few hours to swim. That will give her a little time to get some rest.

Having the kids will help me keep my mind off my problems. So I'm looking forwaard to having them. They are a lot of fun anyway.

I'll check in soon. Everyone have a great day.