Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2009 Surgery Date?

Well here is my update.

The surgery was canceled at the very last minute. My husband was all gowned up, IV in, they had given him all his meds (not the anesthesia yet) And a nurse came in and said the Dr. has ordered some blood work. OK, odd so they drew some blood we waited about 1/2 hour then they came in with results, said his sodium was low, his sugar high and his white blood cells elevated so they needed to cancel.

It was an emotionally exhausting day we were at the hospital at 7am and didn't get home till 3pm. Now we are in limbo, the dr's want to check his past medical records and run some more tests. We will re schedule but for when we don't know.

My husband might wind up with my surgery date unless they can get him in sooner. I started my liquid diet today so if I am postponed it will be wasted. Also my husband is still on a liquid diet till they can re evaluate.

It really was a great catch because low sodium can lead to heart attacks and stroke so elective surgery was not a good idea.

I swear I love this team at UCSD they are so on top of everything and so advanced, but that goes with any "research institute".

Anyway so LONG story short right now we are both cranky and on liquid diets and have no idea what is next. The only good thing is that we trust our team so we will see.

xmagirl: How are you doing? Did your insurance come through with authorization? Everything going okay?

Hi friends-

Has anyone been thinking of a therapist, specifically cognative therapy? I'm not big on the idea but it seems that the band is just one part of a larger life change...

Hope all is great!

I get banded in the morning at 10am...

I am so ready to get my 1st fill I can't stand the wait!

I hope I can sleep tonight...

Wish me luck!!!

:thumbup:

wow! good luck redbone!

My surgery date is Oct 19, 2009. I start my liquid diet tomorrow and am beginning to feel panicky about it. :thumbup:

wow! good luck redbone!

My surgery date is Oct 19, 2009. I start my liquid diet tomorrow and am beginning to feel panicky about it. :)

Thanks! I leave in an hour!

:thumbup:

Hi momof3,

My surgery date is also on 10/19 @ 2:00. Can't wait! However, I, too am getting worried about this liquid diet that starts on Monday. All I know is if I miss a meal currently, I get a headache and very cranky. I sure hope that's not the case for the next two weeks. Good luck to both of us!

Hi momof3,

My surgery date is also on 10/19 @ 2:00. Can't wait! However, I, too am getting worried about this liquid diet that starts on Monday. All I know is if I miss a meal currently, I get a headache and very cranky. I sure hope that's not the case for the next two weeks. Good luck to both of us!

That is exactly what happens to me! that is why I was so worried!:thumbup: I was suppose to start on Monday as well but I chose to start on the weekend so my coworkers wouldn't have to worry about my crankiness! (just my kids have to deal with it!! hahaha-payback time!!!:))

omgggggg 0ctober 8th 2009!! Is my date....... Omg so excited!!! I have a quick question! I know your not suppose to wear nail polish but what about the acrylic?

I am on day 3 of a 3 week liquid diet now. I am grumpy and get headache every day around noon - 1pm then it passes and the hunger sets in. Nights are the WORSE!

October 8 -- and starting to get nervous. Thank you all for your optimism. I was feeling a little blue earlier and your words have cheered me up!

My Dr requires a two-week liquid diet and the literature I was given says to expect 1-2 lbs weight loss per day. I'm on day 10 and my weight loss stalled at 9 lbs two days ago. A little disheartening when you're only consuming around 450 calories per day! :thumbup:

That said, if you have to do the liquid diet, give "Any Whey" Protein Powder a try. One scoop = 17g Protein, 1g carbs, 0g fat, 70 cal. It really has no detectable taste (ignore the fact that the dry powder smells like vanilla) and imparts a creaminess without adding fat. Add it to drinks, shakes, Soups or plain Water (may require a clothespin).

Coffee Lovers: One scoop of Any whey and a shot of sugar free Torani Syrup added to black coffee makes a pretty palatable substitute for "prohibited coffee drinks". Two of these make a satisfying "breakfast".

Good luck to us all!

i am also scheduled for being banded on October 16th! Biggest thing I was having difficulty giving up was the carbonated Dt drinks! Thank goodness for crystal light with caffiene!

I thought I posted to this but I couldn't find it. My date is Oct 16 and i can't wait

Hi Another Oct 16th now that makes three of us! I am self pay, live in the UK and going to Belgium with Dr Chris Bruyne. Good Luck all you October Bandster... I am on my low fat diet all seems to be going well x

self pay here also and on the 16th wooohooo can't wait

Hi All - I am scheduled for surgery on 10/19 also, and start my two week diet tomorrow. I am so excited to start this next chapter!

Good luck everyone!