Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2009 Surgery Date?

I was just wondering how everyone who has started the pre-op diet is doing. I start on Thursday and I figured a couple of you may have just started to give me an idea of how you're feeling.

OK I am officially frustrated. The scale is not moving. 2 weeks tomorrow I started my pre op diet, a week into it my surgery date changed so I was able to eat again. I lost 9 pounds the first week and now nothing. I am drinking a shake for Breakfast and an iceopure for lunch and then a small dinner (and I mean small...trying to gear up for the after surgery meals) And I weighed this morning and still nothing. This is so annoying!:bored::cursing::smile2:

I'm waiting for my phone to ring with my surgery date!

I finished the 6-mo supervised diet and insurance approval. Now just waiting to start next phase -- pre-op testing? and an actual date.

Looking forward to the changes but still scary about being able to resist temptations!

Those who have been before me -- do you still dream about rib-eye steak, chocolate Desserts, and Diet Cokes?

What's the best advice you can give a newbie? Would love to hear from you.:bored:

I know I will be able to have those things again someday so I am not worried. I just wont be able to eat the portions I used to. I had dinner out with a friend not long ago who had a bipas. She ordered a t bone steak, mashed potatoes & a salad. She even had desert, but she only ate like a 1/4th of the meal.

Soexcited...don't get frustrated...the scale won't always move (it's Evil :bored:)...but you lost 9 pounds in a week - that's AWESOME...you started eating again and haven't gained - so it's all good, right? You will be losing again before you know it...try not to let the evil scale get you down...keep doing what you are doing and it will start coming off (perhaps slow, but as long as you are not gaining I wouldn't worry).

Pre-op diet starts tomorrow! YAY! It's almost time!

weight.png

Pre Op Diet: 9/24/09

Current Weight: 238

Goal Weight: 145

Height: 5' 2.75"

Surgery: October 8

SO READY FOR A BAND IN MY LIFE!:tongue2:

I was lucky or unlucky that I'm self-pay so I start my real official diet with the pre-op tomorrow. I do get some food so I'm assuming I'll survive. One of my friends knows how cranky I get when I'm hungry so he asks that I pick my one meal of the day as breakfast since I see him in the mornings :tongue2: I think it's my poor husband who is going to suffer the most from the diet. Congrats to all that are getting their dates. It's kind of like Xmas. It's here before you know it.

Just scheduled mine for Oct 20th! whoo hoooo!

Just scheduled mine for Oct 20th! whoo hoooo!

Congrats! Mine is Oct. 13. Look forward to hearing updates. Good luck.

Best of luck to all October Bandsters!

I was banded two weeks ago (9/11/09) and all went well. Surgery was easier than I anticipated.

You will do it! Looking forward to your success stories!

Are any of you guys doing any pre-op dieting? Mine has got me doing induction phase of adkins. When I get within a few weeks it might change. I need to check in with my doctor at that time. Well, good luck everyone. Look forward to watching everyones progress.

My surgery date is 10/15...and I got my "packet" yesterday on what I need to do, etc. So my liquid diet will start on October 1....but it's not terrible: skim milk or soy milk; low fat cream Soups (i.e. healthy choice); fruit juice without pulp, V9, sugar free pudding, dannon lit & fit, sugar free popsicles and protine supplement (any flavor 170 calories with 30+ grams of protein).....staying within 1000 calories and minimum 70 grams of Protein.< /p>

My date is October 15, I am ready !

Hey, me too! October 15!:scared2:

<<<Originally Posted by Guy Are any of you guys doing any pre-op dieting? >>>

My surgery date is October 5. I started my pre-op on MOnday, and so far it hasnt been as bad as I expected. I get a Protein Shake for breakfast, 2 Protein Bars for Snacks, and frozen meals in the 200-400 cal range for lunch and dinner.

I made a point to schedule everything so that I am eating every three hours to keep my blood sugar as level as possible.

I thought it would be awful, but it hasn't been so bad, although I am starting to crave "real" food. I have some talapia at home and a 4 oz. piece is only 100 cal. so I think tonight I am going to treat myself to a piece of grilled fish and some vegies -- still in bounds of nutrition requirements, just not out of a box, yeah!