Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2009 Surgery Date?

Hi Gina, I sent you an invitation to the group. Some of the Wednesday night support group people are part of the group. Join if you'd like. It's open to anyone that is in the Burband/SFValley area. (or anyone who'd like to join).

I am going to Dr Lopez Corvala on the 3rd. This Sat & I am ready!

No, thanks for the leg work!

That's wird I was not put on a pre-op diet. I guess it's because my BMI is low (30-31)?

ooops, I thought I was responding to other comments. Excuse the multiple post...

Edited by RedboneLA
error

Hey guys...

October 14th Surgery Date for me...

:tongue2:

Hi Everyone,

Decided it was time to finally sign up and start posting. My surgery is scheduled for Oct 1st.

I am set for Oct 7th, start my pre-op diet tomorrow Sept 30th. I am anxious but excitied, and I twas approved on Sept 9th and my doctor wanted to schedule me for Sept 16th but I needed to let it all sink in. Good luck to all of us soon to be bandsters!

GREAT !!! stay in touch I'll be posting from the hospital and all taking my laptop to journal. congrats

I just found out today that I will have mine on 10/14. I like that "reality anxiety". I'm excited but freaked out all at the same time.

Just got a call from my surgeon's office. I'm being banded at 9:30am! (October 1st). So, 45.5 hours!! Wow, I can't believe it's happening! After 1.5 years of thinking about it, it's a surreal feeling that I'm going to be banded in less than 48 hours. Good luck to all October bandsters!

I'm scheduled for Oct 7th and have been doing my pre op diet. Having all those emotions I don't want when I can't eat a pizza lol. I am very nervous as my insurance approval has not come yet. I guess they needed one more thing and it is now sent. I wont feel at ease until I hear the magic work....Approved. It is hard to go through all the tests, appt's, and this pre op diet not knowing if it is going to happen. Keeping my fingers crossed and hoping for news this week to help me get through this anxiety. Best of luck to you all

Surgery scheduled for October 23rd... I have everything, just the day before I get to do the pre-op stuff, nervous, bu hopeful that this will be the answer to my prayers....:(

weight.png

Edited by Liliana

Get this everybody! I was told that my surgery is October 6th. I started the liquid diet and one week into it I find out.......

My surgeon, Dr. Iqbal, is moving to Miami the first of the year. Thanks Doc for telling me! I also called my insurance company today to find out what I have to do to transfer to another doctor and they have no record of the doctor sending in for authorization for the procedure. Holy Crap! One week from surgery and the sky just fell in on me! Now what? I don't know. I had my FMLA already approved. I finished out my 6 months, psych exam, UN-FREAKIN-BELIEVABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!

BY THE WAY, DR. IQBAL, IS FROM PT. CHARLOTTE, FLORIDA FOR ALL YOU BANDSTERS PLANNING TO HAVE HIM DO YOUR SURGERY!

Hey everyone! I'm scheduled for the 20th, God (or really, at this point, insurance) willing. Its very exciting but I totally have that last meal feeling that others were speaking of. Need to get over that!

And to the person who's dr moved away without warning you- that is horrible!! Good luck finding a new dr!

Hi Everyone

Just got back off my hols and wanted to see what was happening on line with my October Band Buddies!! I am starting my low fat diet today as I am being banded on the 16th yippee!! Bad news is I had really bad stomach on holiday in Sri Lanka, good news is its the only holiday I have every been on when I didnt put on weight I actually lost a couple of pounds, so great start. Hope your all as excited as me, off to Belgium soon....