Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2009 Surgery Date?

Are any of you guys doing any pre-op dieting? Mine has got me doing induction phase of adkins. When I get within a few weeks it might change. I need to check in with my doctor at that time. Well, good luck everyone. Look forward to watching everyones progress.

Guy,

At my consultation back in June my Dr. only explained that I would be required to do a 2 week liquid diet prior to surgery, other than that, he didn't say anything else about it. I did ask him, if I wanted to get started in advance of that pre-op diet, what would he recommend that I do. He suggested the South Beach diet. It is still high in Protein & carb-free, but also low-fat & low-sugar as well. At this point I haven't started doing it. Just been enjoying the bad stuff, lol. I need to get in gear don't I...

My MD did not require a pre-op diet. I was thrilled! However, I am being very careful right now not to have the Last Supper Syndrome! I don't want to gain anything before...maybe lose a few.

We'll be done before your know it! Anyone start trying Protein shakes? Anyone have a favorite?

Edited by Shar Pei

You said it. That' s exactly what I have had. "The Last Supper" syndrome. I have to quit. I know I have gained at least 10lbs since June. It' s awful. I have to stop this. Total self destruction. That's it. I am done. Starting tom. when I wake up. Thanks Shar Pei for the reality check. I so needed to hear that.

my surgery date is Oct 2nd, My doc says I have to do 1 week of liquid diet, I go to my last nutrition class on Sept 9th, Insurance made me wait--- 6 months of nutririon classes, ekg, stress test endo test sleep apnea test...bla bla bla, all done and cant wait for the actual surgery. I bought Unjury Protein and will try others to find ones that dont taste chalky.

my surgery date is Oct 2nd, My doc says I have to do 1 week of liquid diet, I go to my last nutrition class on Sept 9th, Insurance made me wait--- 6 months of nutririon classes, ekg, stress test endo test sleep apnea test...bla bla bla, all done and cant wait for the actual surgery. I bought powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury Protein and will try others to find ones that dont taste chalky.

Check out www.vitalady.com You can purchase samples of most of the Protein powders. It will say their name in from on the manufacturer because they break them down into sample size. I got this from the nurtitionist. Waiting for my stash to try! Did you try Unjury yet? I am going to send away for samples from them too.

Glad you are all set with your date....can't wait myself!

Well I did it! I am back on track. I have been doing very well this week. I think I will try that vitallady.com site to test out the Protein Shakes. Thanks Shar Pei. This week I have just been replacing a meal with a Protein Bar or a slim-fast to get used to the idea. As well as eating low carb, low fat, low sugar, & no caffeine. I thought it would be more difficult. It really hasn't been that bad. I have been exploring the foods others have mentioned that you can eat early on with the band. I have to get used to this idea now. Man I am so ready! I am so happy for everyone!

Mine is set for October 9th!! I'm so thrilled! I am an Americian who lives in England and I am having my surgery done in Belgium....but it is the same process over here.

Good luck everyone!

Thanks Shar pei... I ordered a few samples from Vitallady( even though I am a man.LOL) cant wait to taste the jolly Rancher carribean cooler and green apple,,, thanks again

I just received my surgery date today. It is scheduled for October 19. However, today I was told there might be a problem with insurance. They need 5 consecutive years of weights. I'm missing 2004 and 2006. They've asked me to find pictures from 2004 and 2006 to submit in lieu of an actual weigh in. Thing is they can go back 20 years and I've been obese the entire time. I guess United Health Care Insurance has strict rules and want the five consecutive weigh ins. Anyone else have this problem? Of course, I make sure I'm hardly ever in a photograph and if I am, I always make sure to place a kid, plant, big dog something in front of me. Find a pic with me so you can see my size will be difficult!

I was told if I am denied, I have a good chance at an appeal. Just sounds like it could be put off for a few more months for a ridiculous reason!

Thanks for letting me vent. :sneaky:

My surgery date is October 5. I had to laugh when I saw a few of you mention Last Supper Syndrome. I have just that very thing, only I have been saying eat,drink and be merry for tomorrow...... But really, I am just ready to get this show on the road. I am self pay (mom & dad pay, technically), so I dont have any of the issues some of you are dealing with. I go to my pre-op 0n 9/09, dietician on 9/18, and surgeon consult on 9/25. I have been told pre-op is "low cal" but I dont know what all it entails yet. I have cut back on the diet coke already.... from sseveral per day to one 8 ounce bottle per day. Sometimes I drink only half of that. I will eventually get tough enough to give up that last little bit. Baby steps now will make things easier later, I am sure.

Mine is set for October 9th!! I'm so thrilled! I am an Americian who lives in England and I am having my surgery done in Belgium....but it is the same process over here.

Good luck everyone!

Hi I am also having mine done in Belgium on 16th October and I live in the UK, maybe we can compare notes!! Are you having it done with Dr Chris Byrne?

Have tried to change my profile-just testing!! I want a ticker!!

Have tried to change my profile-just testing!! I want a ticker!!

How did you do it?

Hi

I made my ticker on www.tickerfactory.com and used the events one for countdown days, I have also made one for when I start my diet. Then copy the section at the end that says bb etc. come back onto this site click on the section that says CP and paste into your signature. Thats for the ticker. if you need anymore help let me know, it took me ages!! Goodluck