Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone Banded 6/29/09 I would love to talk to you.

Hi All-

I to was banded on Monday 6/29, and honestly it's been so strange. Everywhere I look online, everyone says that it's the best decision that they've made, and while I too agree with this, I am still having a considerable amount of pain. I too had a hiatial hernia repair, and am not certain if that has something to do with it. I stayed overnight on Monday and was released mid day on Tuesday. I was having trouble taking the oxy as prescribed when I was in the hospital, and I've been taking the Vicodin, but don't want to take too many. But even on day 5 it still hurts to take a breath.

Also, I don't have an appointment scheduled until July 16th, and am not scheduled to go to a different stage other than plain liquids until June 20th. Does anyone else have to

wait this long on just pure Protein drinks and broth? I feel like the doctor just kinda cut me open and said "good luck" we'll see you in a few. Best wishes to all!

Poppet

Banded 6/29/09

Dr. Ross McMahon :frown:

Seattle, WA

Hey I was banded on the 7th and I feel a bit like cut and run. I was on what they called full and liquid diet which included milk based Protein Drinks and low fat pudding that kind of thing. I am now to remain on that until the 17th. I was so glad to be able to find this forum so I knew I was not alone in finding out how others felt.

Feeling good and energetic!!!! I have my 1st fill on 8/11/09...At my post op visit my doc said I was doing amazingly well and was down 14 pounds, that was last Tuesday...Today I am down another 4 pounds...I'm so very excited...I have already begun pulling out some of the "one day" clothes, and finding that I can once again wear some of them...It's like a whole new wordrobe without spending any money...OK, I just had to share.

My doc told me that I can eat anything as long as it's healthy, not fried, and of course Protein first as long as it doesn't make me sick...I tried some toast the other morning and it actually helped with some nausea I had. Not doing soft bread for a while though. I am finding that I can only eat small amounts, very small amounts, and I love it. For the 1st time I can tell when i'm full and not to the point of having to fall out on the floor to recuporate(sp)..LOL...I can walk without giving out of air and I love that..I'm on the hunt for a reasonably priced bike..I can't wait..bike riding with the kiddos!!!!

start-251

current-233

goal-160

I am so happy for you! I am scheduled for a fill on August 10 and I cant wait! I still fill full, but I am eating regular food just small amounts. I'm not having any pain just around the port site and I don't know if this is normal? I have not had any nausea but am super constipated :{ oh well. I have lost a total of 28 pounds but nothing more. I am stuck but my surgeon said this was normal. He said once I get my fill I should start loosing weight again. Keep up the great work!:thumbup:

OHHH i'm so with you on the constipation:eek:....I'm also stuck on my weight loss, so I am also looking forward to my fill. I have been bike riding for about a week now and it is so fun and my kids love it. So hopefully when I have my fill plus my activity level has highly increased the weight will come off quickly...:thumbup:

Had my 1st fill today!!!!:(..Did not hurt at all..The dr. did inject lidacain 1st and I didn't even feel that. He put in 3cc's. Very simple,very quick. I have been reading horror stories on here how other ppls fills went. Here to tell ya as long as ur dr. knows what hes doing and has a good feel of the port all is ok...No floro for me. I so needed this fill though, cause I was at a stopping point with the weightloss even though im riding the hell out of my bike..:(. I have lost inches and that is a good thing. He told me to go back to liguids until I feel comfortable enough to return to solids. I immediatly felt a different retriction afterwards. Tonight is tortilini broth...YUMMY:tongue_smilie:.I go back in 4wks for another fill. Hopefully I will have lost 10 punds by then, atleast thats my goal.

I haven't been on in a long while, mainly because i am so disappointed in myself ONCE AGAIN!! I weighed 290 morning of surgery 6/29/09 and did really good till the last 4 weeks and I'm stuck at 276!!!! ..... and yes, yet again I feel that I am manipulating myself. I'm so mad at myself for not following all the rules and sticking with it...... i guess everytime I heard them say, "It's a tool, NOT wonder fix" I thought maybe it would be a wonder fix in some sick way??????? Mind working on me AGAIN!! I go for my FIRST FILL this Friday 14th and actually feel I should have had one like 4 weeks ago,because I am ALWAYS STARVING!!! I sure hope & pray once I get this fill that it will get me back to being motivated. I also know that starting back to school on the 19th will REALLY help me, cause being off and at home is a huge part of the problem. I need some major encouragement................thanks for getting me back on the chat!!!

I am so excited for you!! I got my first fill on 8/10/09 and he placed 5cc and I'm doing great! I'm on my 3rd day of liquids and I'm down 38 lbs:} He did use the fluro on me, thought it was really cool to see my band and port. He has placed 8cc at first but OMG I thought I was going to vomit. I also go back in 1 month for another fill. I broke down and bought the Richard Simmons dvd and notcied more weight loss after using them. You may want to try something different. Keep up the great work I'm really pround of you!!!!

Don't be so hard on your self! I always have to remind myself its also a tool. I think you are doing an amazing job! Try to think positive, remember we did not put on the weight over night so its going to take a while for it to come off. Its hard when people are always offering me food at work, but I have learned to first think and then reply with " no thank you" this is my new phase !! It works I started off at 330 and I now am at 292 as of this am. I'm here for you and I know its very hard. Keep a journal with photos so you can look at them. I have my husband take on every month. Remember take the time to be thankful for the pair of shorts that did not fit before.

Hi Everyone, I have just read all the posts from our beginning. Hard to believe we are all about 7 weeks post op now. So Cool isn't it. I would like to know how everyone is doing thus far? Have we all had at least one fill? I have lost almost 50 pounds. I said almost 3 ounces away. I still have some really good days and I do make a few poor choices. I have found I cannot eat after 7 p.m. or I wake up with heart burn in the middle of the night. This is Not such a very good feeling. I still do not burp but I have gas all the time. Lets hear how our journey has been thus far. I would do it over again if I had too. Oh Happy day!! I look forward to hearing from anyone banded on June 29 or near that date.

Best wishes imaluckydog Kathy

Hi all. I haven't been here in a while. I went on vacation, an 3600 mile car trip. I was really concerned about meals on the trip, since we were traveling with 2 dogs and couldn't really go into restaurants to eat on the way - so it was fast food for us. I tried to order sandwiches like flat-breads, or to just eat the meat out of them. But, I managed to gain during our 8 days of vacation. I've taken that back off by going back to my post-op habits. I was surprised that I could eat as much as I did without getting sick or anything. I hadn't had my first fill yet though, so I think that is why. My first fill was on August 12, and it went fine. The doctor said he would put 3 or 4 cc in the first time. Then I go back in 6 weeks for another adjustment. He follows that procedure till the adjustment is working it's best - which can take 6 months. He had trouble finding my port, but had numbed the skin so I didn't have any discomfort. I am finding that I'm not hungry all the time, like I was before, which is such a relief! I've been able to eat almost anything - though I haven't tried a salad yet; I'm pretty sure it would give me trouble. My doctor thinks I'm doing well, since I'd lost about 20 pounds since surgery and as he said "we haven't even started the weight loss part yet". Has anyone one else traveled since surgery and how did it go for you?

Hello everyone. I haven't been on here for awhile. I am so happy for everyone so far with there weight loss. I went for my first fill 8/13 and they put 4.3 cc in and to date I have lost 43 lbs. I have been bad though. I have been working out at curves three days a week but last week with being on vacation I didn't go at all and yesterday I got a phone call from them saying "where have you been" lol so its back to it today. Keep up the good work everyone. TTYL:thumbup:

Hello everybody, I was banded on June 29th as well, I go in for my second fill on 8/31, I am very excited about it. I have noticed that I eat a whole lot less especially in the past two weeks then I have thru this whole adventure so far. Like last night I could only eat about 5 inches of my footlong from subway and that was without cheese and mayo....just veggies and chicken, thank goodness my other half ate the rest for me =)

Kathy I am excited for you!! I have lost 40 so far. I made another appt with my surgeon to be filled again on Sept 14. My last fill he only placed 5cc. I still feel I can eat quite a bit. Dont get me wrong I still have the full sensation but not like I want it. I have had no problems and I feel great! "Continue doing great and stay positive!

I had my 2nd fill today. The doctor shows I've lost 27 lbs since surgery, but I show that I've lost 37 since I started the pre-op diet. Anyway - he says I'm doing good. I could certainly feel the difference tonite when I ate. Much more noticeable than my last fill.

Healthwise, I'm feeling really good too. I don't have to take my metformin anymore, since my blood sugars are usually in the 80's when fasting. I haven't started back on the megestrol (hormone) and am hoping menopause has finally set in. It's about time! I'm able to actually go to a store and walk around and walk back to the car without turning bright red in the face and huffing and puffing, which is sooo wonderful. I have a long way to go still, but these "little things" keep me motivated, and having the band is definitely an aid to cutting portion size.

How is everyone else doing?? Not a lot of chatting going on here :thumbdown:

I am so happy you have lost 37lbs:thumbup: !!! The doctors office probably wrote your weight wrong believe me I have worked for physicians for over 20 yrs it happens. How much saline did the give you at your last fill? What are you up to now? I got my second fill 2 weeks ago and still have not lost a thing infact I am up a pound go figure? This last time i went he only gave me 1cc a total of 6cc. I can tell the difference when I eat talk about restriction. So far I have lost a total of 48 lbs since July 1st. I have not been able to excercise since I just started school (LVN). This year is a year for change. Do something you have always wanted to do. Keep in touch with me and let me know how you are doing. Your right no one is really talking out there! Keep up the great work and think positive about your weight. I cant wait to get off some of my medication!! Hope to hear from you soon, Roxann.