Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone Banded 6/29/09 I would love to talk to you.

Has anyone had bad breath. I have never had a problem with bad breath until now. Is anyone getting a tight pain in the middle of their chest? It feels like I have to burp but it's like it stays there.

Ok--reading these really helps. Am I the last one not to have a BM? "Tooting" but nothing else. Thank God, I am not hungry (two Protein Drinks a day, two cups of Soup, 64 oz water) but am still on 15 mg of liquid vicoden every 6-8 hours. The pain is to the left of my belly button--is this the port site? It hurts pretty bad when I move funny. My doc is on vacation for another week so I can't ask him. Sally

Today I am doing really well. Not to much pain at all. Had some this morning when I was getting out of bed but none since. I can really say that I am really happy on how I am feeling. I haven't felt hungry and I am drinking my shakes to get the Protein in and I am on mushies so I'm not going to complain at all. Well back to work...lol ttyl

Has anyone else tried the Special K Protien Water? It's a little too sweet but I cut it with water. There don't seem to be enough hours in the day to drink all they say you should. How many meals are recommended for most of you? Is 6 pretty standard?:)

Has anyone had bad breath. I have never had a problem with bad breath until now. Is anyone getting a tight pain in the middle of their chest? It feels like I have to burp but it's like it stays there.

Absolutely! Yes! I thought I just wasn't brushing well enough lately. I wonder if it's the Protein. We're all such a lovely bunch with our burping, bad breath, pain, lack of BMs, and stomach growling. It almost makes me afraid to ask 'what next'.:)

Ya lets not ask what next. That scares me..lol

I'm sure there are good things next too. Like being healthier and more active. Not to mention renewed self confidence and breaking the food addiction cycle.:)

Hi folks. Banded on the 29th in Bend Oregon. I've been experiencing much the same as all of you, and am glad to hear I'm not alone with these on again off again shoulder pains. I've been calling myself a Borg Babe lately. At night, it seems I can feel the entire contraption in my belly. I'll roll from the port side (left) to the right, and it seems I can feel every inch of the contraption inside me. As for the burping, I have experienced quite a bit of it, but I have to say that my tendency is toward the other end... I feel like a walking whoopie cushion. I have been fortunate enough to not have been very hungry, but have found that trying to keep up with the required amounts of intake to be difficult. Right now I am living on smoothies to which I am adding my Protein and my Vitamins. I'm calling them my survival shakes. My biggest wish now is for the aches and pains to go away. I'm tired of being sore all the time. I had a hiatal hernia taken care of at the time of surgery. I am thinking that some of this achiness is a result of that as well. Best to you all my fellows Borg Babes. I so enjoy your conversations. It's keeping things in perspective for me.

I absolutely love this thread!

its like a daily blog where we all rant about things wed never ever talk about.. like burping and bm.. i forgot who said that made me laugh.

soo i feel the need to blog..anyone have there post op visit yet? that is the next step. I had to take an esophogram today. Not to bad guys. a white chaly like liquid that i only needed to take a sip of they took a picture and i was done, They said the band looks good and its where it has to be.. However I couldnt tell what was what in the xray i tried to believe him.

I cheated..im sure i said this already in post op phase and am so very impressed with those of you who have stayed strong!

Its funny how we are all so different I was getting hungry on day 4 out. Days 1-3 i was dealing with pain and couldnt tell hunger from pain.. But I can certainly tell now!

Anyone miss food? I mean anyone had a binging or a emotional eating sorta probem and really just misses the comfort it used to gove you. I forget sometimes I open the fridge i wanna sit in front of the tv and remeber ahh crap I cant eat. I almost get frustrated and dissapointed. I wont lie I miss it! and with this liquid diet.. I seriously miss it!

hhmm I know this isnt my personal blog im sorry..

Just touching base since we all seem to be on the same page..most of us that is.

Im still burping.. the nurse said that will slowly dissipate i hope soo.. she said im drinking to fast or to much.. Ive tootalyy slowed down my drinkin tremendoulsly are you all still sipping liek hot tea??

ok ill stop now..

feel good everyone,

Paula

I hear ya iwannabhappy!! Not to mention that EVERY OTHER TV commercial is about food!!!!!!! ARGGGGGGG!!! No wonder Amercia is SO overweight!

What i'm finding hard is the lifestyle that we had for the last 7 or so years during the summer when I'm off with the boys (hubby only home 2days a wk : )) is VERY hard now that i have had surgery. Our home has always been (since MiddleSchool) the free restuarant (I've always cook'd lots of extras), free motel & the free pit stop!!! I have ALWAYS been a night owl, and ESPECIALLY during the summer months that I am off. The kids all know this and come in from dates or whatever & stop by on their way home or stay here instead of going home & it is nothing for us to stick a movie in no matter 1am or 2am. This is continuing, but it is so much harder for me now, because they are all coming in with Whutaburger taquitos or etc....... and it is absolutely kill'n me!!! i have found myself spending a lot more time in my bedroom and on the computer..... Thankfully able to whine to you guys!! : )

I know that the middle of Aug when they all head off to college, it will be so much different, but till then...... YIKES!!! Right now as I type this, there are 9 boys (only 1 mine) on my patio, starting to grill fajaitas! I do not want to discourage them because our home has always had an open door policy, but i will say it is going to be a tough month & half!

I was banded 6/29/09. The first week was incredibly hard. I wanted to give up, although I was not having much pain. I miss eating. Each day it gets better though. I'm sick of liquids and I'm ready to move on to the next phase.:biggrin:

Yes I am craving food all of the time, I completely understand where you're coming from. I'm trying to stay positive. I know that everything will be worth it once I can fit into a smaller size.

I thought the hunger would go away. It's still there. I feel like I'm starving. And I can't help but think I shouldn't have done this. Is anyone else feeling like this? It's just so much harder than I thought it would be. I'm so irritable to. I want to rip everyones head off. I'm trying so hard to stay possitive but it's hard. I'm trying to be around family and friends but I don't know if it's helping or worse. I guess I should feel lucky that I haven't had any severe pain. I only had to take vicodan once. I want to cheat soooooo bad!

It's been very hard to stay positive. I've sort of cut myself off from everyone and am 'laying low' without much socializing at all. I don't know what will happen when I do get back to 'normal'. I have my follow up on 7/13 and am not sure what to expect. I know I really miss food; especially at night while watching tv. The Protein Shakes are getting really old though. I want something salty or crunchy or that I can at least CHEW. ughhhh

I think we can all relate to the food cravings. I'm always amazed at how fasting actually makes food a bigger deal in your life. I keep thinking that after some time I will just "get over it," but no sign of that.

Glad to hear from some the burping slows down. I can honestly say I have burped more in the last 7 days than in my entire adult life!