Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone Banded 6/29/09 I would love to talk to you.

Hi everyone, I am wondering if you can actually not eat enough at this point. when I get so busy going from one place to the next during the day I find that I am not eating very much - for instance this morning I had 1/2 sugar-free Jello - then nothing until 2:30 when I had about 1/4 can of cream of chicken Soup - tonight I decided that maybe I needed more than I was giving myself so I ate the entire can of cream of chicken tonight. Just wondering if I could go on "stravation mode" even while in stravation mode! I have not lost any weight in the last two days.

I was banded on the 29th in Austin, Texas. I'm so jealous of you burpers - I want to burp, but can't seem to. The worst problem I've had is the left shoulder pain in the evenings. I went back to work yesterday (nurse) and was exhausted. Anyone who can get longer than a week off needs to do it. I've had family issues (see my blog for details if you want to know) and I think that has me mentally drained to where I haven't thought about eating much .....BEFORE TODAY!!!! I was hungry all day - was able to tolerate some souped mashed potatoes, and that was the best.:biggrin:

Peace girl - you absolutely can go into starvation mode. I have felt the same way until today.

I hear ya iwannabhappy!! Not to mention that EVERY OTHER TV commercial is about food!!!!!!! ARGGGGGGG!!! No wonder Amercia is SO overweight!

What i'm finding hard is the lifestyle that we had for the last 7 or so years during the summer when I'm off with the boys (hubby only home 2days a wk : )) is VERY hard now that i have had surgery. Our home has always been (since MiddleSchool) the free restuarant (I've always cook'd lots of extras), free motel & the free pit stop!!! I have ALWAYS been a night owl, and ESPECIALLY during the summer months that I am off. The kids all know this and come in from dates or whatever & stop by on their way home or stay here instead of going home & it is nothing for us to stick a movie in no matter 1am or 2am. This is continuing, but it is so much harder for me now, because they are all coming in with Whutaburger taquitos or etc....... and it is absolutely kill'n me!!! i have found myself spending a lot more time in my bedroom and on the computer..... Thankfully able to whine to you guys!! : )

I know that the middle of Aug when they all head off to college, it will be so much different, but till then...... YIKES!!! Right now as I type this, there are 9 boys (only 1 mine) on my patio, starting to grill fajaitas! I do not want to discourage them because our home has always had an open door policy, but i will say it is going to be a tough month & half!

MJ sounds like you have a happening house! I wanna come over! hehe

I think and i spoke to a friend that has had the band for 4 months..i told her my worry and my concerns. she isnt an emotional eater but she is a night owl like US!!

and she said Paula when u stop fighting ur body and getting to know urself ull feel better.. her advice was yes this month is going to be hard. But when we can eat ,, we can. so we have to be aware of how and what we eat.. Last I checked there was never a succesful all u can eat diet.. and for those ppl that have that diet down i swearrrrr it will catch up to them.

And so for the rest of us we will have to be aware of how fast which is truly bu biggest worry cuz it seems liek i inhale food.

But I feel calmer knowing that Ill get there,,Ive been fighting myself..and for any of you guys taht are liek me im the biggest worry wart>im so hard on myself.

Im going to try to get to know myself now.. and when we get to eat we get to know what works and what doesnt..

and you know what MJ u can still have a crazzy happening house.. and we can have a bite or so of burritos but the beauty well be full on a few bites as oppoes to well all the leftovers..

Im wishin you the best of luck and ill be thinking of you whome I barely know as the woman that will prob have a harder time then I will<<but i promise you! well get thru it.. we all will..

OK that was more for me then it was for you..

I thought the hunger would go away. It's still there. I feel like I'm starving. And I can't help but think I shouldn't have done this. Is anyone else feeling like this? It's just so much harder than I thought it would be. I'm so irritable to. I want to rip everyones head off. I'm trying so hard to stay possitive but it's hard. I'm trying to be around family and friends but I don't know if it's helping or worse. I guess I should feel lucky that I haven't had any severe pain. I only had to take vicodan once. I want to cheat soooooo bad!

UUMMM yess I have, but hey thats what got us here in the first place right.. refer to quote below...

WE WILL DO THIS!!

WHOOP WHOOP Everyone..... i just did the EA SportActive with the WII...... OMG i can honestly say it was fun!!! I sent the boys to Walmart & they set it up awhile ago & i have to say for this 49yr old couch tator..... i actually broke a sweat & burned 178 calories in 16 minutes!! YEAH!!! I have not worked out or done any form of exercise in 3 or 4 years, except for my walking this past week and I think i've found my FAV THING!

Was not able to do the knee bends, legs crunches, & lunges, cause my knees KILL ME all the time (i would to carrying around 300+ lbs) so i just skipped those and it was ok....yes it was!

WELL WORTH the MONEY!!!!!

Hi all-

I too have been having all of the same issues that you report. I'm still taking a pain med once a day at night before bed. I also have to confess that I broke today. I had a yogurt. I feel bad about it, but also realize that it was a way better choice than some of the unhealthier alternatives I could have gone with. My surgeon doesn't even allow for cream of Soups, so it's been terrible having only Water, tea, broth and Protein shakes. Hopefully I didn't do any damage. I felt fine physically, but just once again feel like I've failed, even with my little helper. I'm still having trouble getting all of the Protein down, in fact I'm certain that I'm not getting it all down.

I'm finding this journey to be terribly lonely, other than all of the wonderful folks on here. I've only told 3 friends, no one at work, and my parents. My brothers don't even know. Which for me is ok. It's just hard because many of my other doctors where not even in support of this decision, and yet I went through with it. I just hope that I can be stronger tomorrow. I don't have my follow up until the 15th. So we'll see how it goes and hopefully I didn't hurt anything too much.

One thing above the hunger that I'm struggling with is that I've noted how fatigued I am. I'll go and walk a while on the treadmill, or go to the market or even just take a shower, and I just feel weak and need a nap. I fell asleep on a conference call today (thankfully I was on mute and taking the call from home). Is anyone else having problems with fatigue? I mean I guess it kinda makes sense, food = Energy thus No food = No Energy. How is everyone else doing on their Vitamin protocols?

Sending blessings and prayers of support to all on this board. I'm so thankful that others know what is going on. Thank you all for being so candid, the stitches hurt everytime I laugh at your posts, but it's a good hurt. :biggrin:

Cheers to all!

Poppet

Good morning everyone!!

Well my banded friend came over yesterday after her first fill. She was banded on June 8th. She has done wonderful and now has lost 32 lbs. 20 of which since surgery and 16 inches. I am sooo proud of her. My first fill is Aug. 1st. when is everyone elses? Oh my friend passed out for her first fill. I guess you have to stand up when doing the florascope and she said she started feeling hot then started to sweat and then she felt this tug of the needle going through the port and well lights out. We laughed at that. Don't worry everyone she passes out easily...lol

Hi, I was banded on 6/29/09 also. My dr. says i'm allowed yogurt and creamed Soups now. I feel ya on the fatigued part and I really think it has to do with the whole mind and body thing. You have to get accustomed to it. This change will not happen overnight, we didn't become fat overnight, our bodies and our minds have got to come to terms.

I have no more real pain, I feel better each day. I actually slept on my side all night last night. This has made me very observent on reading labels. I went grocery shopping the other day and what usually takes me about an hour took me an hour longer. I didn't really have burping episodes, mine were hiccups.LOL.. My post op visit is set for 7/14 but I want be having my 1st fill then. I too feel like i'm starving, I find that if I chew gum or have some sips of Propel flavored water im ok. But, I do know that those of us whose band is empty it is normal to feel hungry because we have no restriction we are still trying to fill our "soda bottle size" tummies...

OK folks, I am having it rough. On day 26 of Clear Liquids only, have passed through all the normal stages, missing food/chewing, feeling hungry, feeling weak. Now I feel like Im about to give up and wither away. Last night I cheated and scared the bejesus out of myself, I had 2 oz of dairy queen (rationalized that it is ice milk and since I can have soy milk why cant I have ice milk blah blah) even convinced my boyfrind that it was allowed (I made this decision and self-paid and he is very afraid for me to have a complication). felt terrible afterward, cant decide if all the bad feelings were coming from head or stomach... I have not had a protien drink in weeks, I hate all of them (even the Isopure makes me naseous to think about at this point). Hope I can make it a few more days, but this is really terrible, my surgeon's expectations seem so much more stringent than everyone else's. Guess I should be thankful because I lost 20 lbs the month before surgery and 5 since, which is a lot of weight for a 5'3" girl. just needed to vent about my guilt about cheating (promised myself a million times I wouldn't) and not being able to force down the requisite protien (my mom keeps thretaening that I am going to end up in hospital with IV for dehydration, she might be right). hope everyone else is having a better go than me :) :smile2:

WOW!!! Reading all of these post has me wondering about all the doctors. It seems that everyones dr. has told each of us different things, which I understand to a point I guess..30 days on liquids after surgery? None of the meetings that I went to nor did anyone in the group of dr's. I have never said anything like that. I don't think I could do 30 days of liquids, so kuddos to you Reggaegirl. I have tries a couple of Protein Shakes and finally have found 1 that I can tolerate it the EAS strawberry cream, I also started yesterday eating 2 scrambled eggs and that really helped with the hunger. We are all different, so each of our journeys will be different too..

weight.png

I was banded June 29. I ended up staying overnight because my blood oxygen level was too low and they put me on oxygen all of Monday and Tuesday morning. They also added an antibiotic to my IV drip as a precaution. I was very nauseous for a few hours post-op. I've been doing okay since I got home - able to eat anything on my limited menu so far. I'm at the puree stage and thought baby-food was a good idea - so wrong! The stuff in the jars these days doesn't taste nearly as good as what I gave my kids as babies, even though the same brand. I saw my primary care doctor today and she was very pleased with how I'm doing. She's been my main cheerleader in this process. I see my surgeon again on July 16.

I've been feeling very hungry which is frustrating.

Hi everyone! I went to my one week appointment and I am only down 6lbs. I must say I am so dissappointed! I was down like 12 but they said that is normal cause when you go under for surgery there is a shift in weight! I dont know I geuss I am mad cause I dont eat even half of what I used to. I just started more walking today.. about 20 min on the treamill to start. I fell few days after surger and hurt my leg and knee so today was the first day on the treadmill. Anyone have any advice on how they are doing on weight loss..

I soo agree with all of you about the food. Its so hard to be around people when they are stuffing there faces! And the TV doesnt help either. At least I can have cottage cheese that so has helped me!

hey all,

im on 2nd day of mushies which i presume some of you are too.. i got a few questions?

my hunger pain in general and when i wake up is accompanied with a feelign of nausia which is generaly better once i do eat .. however when i do eat depending on what it is i feel weird. the cream of farina was no problem but tuna and eggsalad i was barely able to eat 3 spoons..im not sure if im transitioning into mushies well.

I dont know if the feelings of nausia or this pressure when eating is par for the course..or just healing.

anyone feeling any of this..I could be swolen still im not sure..

happiness> i lost almost 3 pounds every 1-2 days on liquids.. and as soon as mushies ormore Protein Shakes came into play id stay the same or so.. I wouldnt worry with weight loss just yet.. Im trying to just get better and transion well..

be well.