Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone Banded 6/29/09 I would love to talk to you.

Hi,

I was banded on Monday, June 29, 2009. I am hoping to find other people who were banded the same day as me.

My original date was July 20, but was moved up as I have done all requirements. Someone had to cancel for heart reasons.

I stayed over night one night and was comfortable. Then came home and was fine until Wednesday I was unable to keep my liquid drinks and sf Jello down. I went back to the hospital and my nurse put me on another Liquid Protein drink to see if I could handle it. She made me stay and drink the entire thing to make sure I could handle it. I have the Allergan Lap Band with 2 cc fill at surgery she said it was standard. I cut out the Jello as I always gage with it so she said I do not have to eat it. I think that was part of my problem. I and feeling 100 % better today. Let me know how you are doing? I look forward to hearing from you. imaluckydog

I wa sbanded on Monday as well. I also stayed over night. I am feeling better today. i dont feel much sorenes around the incisions sites but i do feel sore. The majority of my Pain is the gas i think. I have chest pain and a tightness feeling. I cant drink much still. I have to drink very little and very slowly. If i drink to much (liek 2 sips at a time) i will get a tightness pressure feeling. Otherwise im feeling ok.

I dont think im filled at all this must be swelling im feeling but i havnt been hungry unless i cant tell cuz of the pain but i dont think its hunger.

Ive walked alot and i think that helped me alot. I suggest you walk as much as you can comfortably.

I hope that helped.

Paula

Hello fellow June 29th banders....

Well what you guys are feeling is how I am feeling also. A lot of pressure and tightness around the bra line. Its a strange feeling isn't it. It is starting to ease up but sitting here at work at the computer my back is killing me. lol Want to go home and lay flat on my back...lol I did really good on the pre op diet. I lost 30 lbs in two and a half weeks so now I hope I can keep going. I had some stress during that time to for my mom died on June 21st and I still went forward with the whole thing cause she wanted this for me as much as I did. I know she is up there cheering me on and helping me through all this. So lets do this everyone and lets have fun doing it.

aaw JoJo ur ver strong! so very strong we will get thru it! I cant believe ur back in work! Im feelign that tightness exactly in the same place! how about when u drink- does that feleign increase. I did alot of walkign today, I feel a bit better. it odd i may have experienced hunger today. Although i cant eat im just to tight and i still have pressure its beginnign to get frustrating. But im sticking to it. cuz i physicialy cant eat id be so very uncomfotable. I hope all is well, and you continue to do well.

Hi all. I was banded in Houston, TX on 6/29/09 by Dr. Hadar Spivak...love him!!! I'm up and moving around almost as much as pre-band. Of course, I'm having a lot of gas...and gas pain. I'm also having discomfort in lower stomach just below incision by breastbone. Went back to Dr. today. He did an x-ray with barium swallow, and said all looks good. Told me to go ahead and move up to pureed foods. Had my 1st "real" meal today...chicken breast, mashed potato, chicken broth...all pureed together. It wasn't too terribly bad. I'm going to look for some new recipes on this site because I can see that getting old really quick. :)

Let's keep in touch so we can track our progress together! :)

hey everyone... i was banded this Monday as well, in sugarland, tx (Houston) and also had hiatal hernia & small abdomenal hernia repaired. Years ago, had several laprosopy surgeries done & Dr. recommended Phayzme95, so I had it ready & waiting for me. My LB doctor recommended GasX strips instead, so i tried them. Wasn't getting much relief & switched to the Phazyme95 (stuck a pin & squeezed it into a spoon) and WOW what a difference & only 2 per day!

I'm feeling pretty good too, walking around the house all day & once or twice a day outside. My doctor recommends 64 oz of liquid per day!!!! Today though I can actually feel as if i'm starving & actually feel & hear my stomach growling & turning inside just like when I used to try to "starve myself" so i am bummed about feeling this way.... right now I am actually STARVING!!!!! Going to go drink some ff/lf milk & take my pain med & hit the bed. Can't wait to talk with ya'll more...... Goodnite!

OOhh im feeling starved too!! This just happend today. the past few days wasnt hungry at all and suddenly hunger painI knew it wouldnt let go forever!

I go the same plan gonna take some pain meds and try and sleep. Hope all is well.

Good morning everyone.

Well here I am at work again :) I wish we had today off like so many others do for the holiday. Sorry I didn't get online to check the thread last night but was over my dads house checking on him. Now that my moms funeral is over and we made it through that he has a horrible cold. I have to keep a eye on him since he has sugar. Hes doing ok. We both are. Waiting for it to really kick in though. It's like its not real.

So this morning I am feeling really tight and still can't eat but right now I am drinking my Protein Shake to keep liquids in and not get dehydrated. I think I will go for a long walk tonight and see if that helps the gas pain. Well off to do some work. I will check in later. Hope everyone is doing well. ttyl:thumbup:

Hello June Bandster’s:

I was banded on Monday, June 29, 2009 also… Stayed over nite and came home Tuesday afternoon…. Feeling better each passing day. Beginning to sleep more comfortable on my side at nite… Wednesday, I was ecstatic about being able to incorporate cream of chicken/broccoli Soup (strained of course). Was growing tired of broths & jello… Although, the sugar free popsicles aren’t to bad…. Went for a walk today with kids….

Take One Day at a Time!

I was banded on the 29th too. I was really naseous from the anathesia so when I got home ( I came home a few hours after surgery) I was too scared to take any pain meds at all. I have been feeling very yucky for the past 5 days, the pain for me was pretty bad at the port site and the main incision in my belly butoon, as well as gas pain and starting yesterday major hunger pain. Today will be my first venture out of the house. I was on Clear Liquids for 2 weeks pre-op and now two weeks-post op (oh boy). I've already lost 25 lbs, I guess Im scared that it will slow down (which it will) when I get to reintroduce food. But I self-paid so I keep reminding myself this was an investment in my health and waistline, so I will stay positive. It's good to know you guys are out there! I can't believe some of you are back at work, wow. :eek:

Hi All-

I to was banded on Monday 6/29, and honestly it's been so strange. Everywhere I look online, everyone says that it's the best decision that they've made, and while I too agree with this, I am still having a considerable amount of pain. I too had a hiatial hernia repair, and am not certain if that has something to do with it. I stayed overnight on Monday and was released mid day on Tuesday. I was having trouble taking the oxy as prescribed when I was in the hospital, and I've been taking the Vicodin, but don't want to take too many. But even on day 5 it still hurts to take a breath.

Also, I don't have an appointment scheduled until July 16th, and am not scheduled to go to a different stage other than plain liquids until June 20th. Does anyone else have to

wait this long on just pure Protein drinks and broth? I feel like the doctor just kinda cut me open and said "good luck" we'll see you in a few. Best wishes to all!

Poppet

Banded 6/29/09

Dr. Ross McMahon :eek:

Seattle, WA

OK today was not a good day.....i think i did WAY to much! I have been making myself go outside & walk around the pool about 4 or 5 times, just to give me a change from walking around the house. I then sat down on the top step, not getting my bandages wet & kicked around a little while my husband got in & cooled off. I then came in, took my 2nd shower & before hand decided to take my original bandages off, because they were irritating me & making me red along the edges. Took my shower and............WOW I ALMOST passed out! Honestly got cold sweats, shaking, nausea & almost fell!!! Luckily my husband came in & I had to lay down for 2 hours. Feeling much better now! I am supposed to take 15ml of hydrocodone for pain every 4-6hrs, but have only been taking it twice a day & only taking 10ml.

My follow up appt is on the 16th as well, but i do have the option of calling my patient liason girl, whose has been so much help throughout the last 2 yrs. She has me even call her cell if i need to! I am on liquids until this Monday & then i can add mashed potatos, cream of wheat, pureed foods, LFsoups & well cooked vegetables. Looking forward to Monday! : )

oh & i HIGHLY recommend the Phayzme95 over GasX strips.... Today i had 1 at 7:30am and can tell it's time for another. I just use a pin & stick it in the end & squeeze in to a spoon.

Also, I have 4 incisions, 3 up high under breasts & 4th (Port) on the left side. The only one that bothers me is the Port incision.

My BIG QUESTION is......... i have not had a BM yet!????!!! Starting to get worried about that too!!! How about everyone else? Sorry for asking, but it is starting to bother me!

Can someone advise me on why the need to empty the Phazyme into a spoon? I think I'm a little weak on knowing some of the technical details.

As for the BM... I was told that if I hadn't had one by Friday, today, then I should start taking Milk of Magnesia. I took it a few days ago, and it just made me feel terrible. My personal advice would be to just keep up the liquid. Maybe have some prune juice. While I'm not a total organic person or anything, it's just that right now because of the anesthesia, the fewer meds I can put in my body the better. Just my opinion.

I was told not to swallow my morning pills except for the 2 hard small ones, but the capsules (take 2diff) i have to open & mix w/something and take that way. I was told that the outer coating (sticky) capsule has a tendency to get stuck (which makes sense to me), therefore I am not gonna chance it. I assumed the coating on the Phayzme95 would do the same thing, so I am not gonna chance it either!! Just me a big chicken!