Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone Banded 6/29/09 I would love to talk to you.

Help! I have never done a chat room before so hope someone will talk back. My lapband was done on Monday on an out patient basis in Redwood City, CA. I still have a lot of pain at my waistline incission by belly button. It particularly hurts to reach or roll over. I still am taking 15cc of liguid vicodan every 6 hours, and I thought I was tough! No problem with the liquid foods--no nausua etc. I have a hard lump (size of egg) at waist to left of belly button (from my point of view) and also have not had a bm. I realize that all that has gone in is liquid, but shouldn't someting come out? Is this TMI? Does this format have spell check. Thank you--anyone who answers. Sally

Hi Friends!

I too was banded on Monday 29th. I stayed over one night and got home Tuesday afternoon. I only had to be on liquids for one day before surgery so kudos to all of you that did it for 2 wks! I haven't had a BM yet either, but I will probably take a laxative later today. I feel very hungry! My tummy has been gurgling and making lots of crazy noises. Sometimes it's hard to tell if I feel sick or hungry. My follow up appt is not until the 23rd. Does anyone know how long before we get our first fill? I am not looking forward to it!(fear of needles) Did anyone else have an On-Q pain management ball? My husband had to pull it out and it totally grossed me out! Looking forward to hearing back from some of you.

Robin:rolleyes2:

Hello Fellow 6/29 bandsters - My biggest problem today is the gas. I feel bloated and tight. Thanks for the info on Phazyme - I've been using Gas X strips without any relief. Haven't taken any pain meds since yesterday. Let's all get well!

I've never heard of the pain management ball????? He had to pull it out of where?? haha Wow!

Hey there fellow June bandsters. I too was banded on June 29th, 2009. I was banded by Dr. Lopez Corvala in Tijuana, Mexico. Everything has been going great except for the horrible gas pains and the excruciating pain at the port site. Anyone here know when this will go away? The pain at port that is. I've also been doing the Gas-X with no relief and I'm going to try the Phazyme. As for the pain at the port....:smile2: don't know what to do about that. Any suggestions?

Hey

was banded on the 29th @ NYU no overnight stay.

Doing liquids and not hungry at all. I do sometimes fells stuffed after eating a a small popsicle(wow how times have changed.lol)

I hate drinking the protien shakes and barely drink 1 a day and I still might be having some gas issues here and there.

Hi my June 29 LB Friends, So glad to hear from all of you. I too am still a little sluggish today 7/5/09. I am glad I do not have to go back to work for one more week. I took my first BM yesterday, I too almost took a LAX but I am glad I did not. I have been having 3 Protein Drinks a day 17 to 20 grams of Protein in each, broth, and sf freeze pops. I would make sure you are getting enough PROTEIN because hair can fall out if you are not getting enough. I am drinking tons of Water and I think that helps with waste management as well. I am still using pain meds. I am sleeping better and everyday I feel so much better I may even go and walk on the treadmill with my daughter later this afternoon. I have had very little gas pain but I have been walking, walking, walking even if it is just around the house. My port site still hurts I think it must be the stitches healing. I think it may take a couple more weeks until I feel 100%. I am happy in my head so that is a good place to be. Thanks for listening. imaluckydog Kathy

Hi, I was also banded on June 29 in Raleigh NC and stayed overnight due to low oxygen sats and a repair of hyital hernia and scar tissue. I feel good and have taken no pain medicine since I have been home. I have just moved to cream Soups and pudding today and will see my Dr. on July 14 for the first time. I have moved to cream soups and pudding today and I feel better. I also had real hungry for the past two days and could not seem to ever feel full My band is not filled yet and probably will not be until about 3 more weeks. I have the realize band. Hope you all are doing great today. :(

The ON-Q pain management ball is filled with numbing medicine and the tubes are placed under the skin during surgery to send numbing medicine to your incisions. It was very annoying and I hated having the tubes pulled out. LOL. I am feeling pretty good today. Went to church, and got tired of sitting there by the time it was over. Tonight we have a big dinner at church, so I will enjoy a Protein Drink while they all have good southern cooking.(torture)! Today I made my niece Ramen noodles, and I drank the juice. It was a change from the regular broth. I hope it is allowed. Does anyone know if we can have some Carbsmart ice cream? Hope you all are doing as well as I am.

Oh, yeah. I also had a hiatal hernia repair. I dont know which incision is which. The incision to the left of my belly button makes my tummy look lopsided.lol. Anyone else?

I was banded on 6/30/09 in Mexico. I has some creamy Soup today because I felt like I was starving earlier. I have lost about 9 lbs which is enouraging, but my left side (port) is still very sore. I can't bend over at all, anyone else with that problem. I go back to work Tuesday and I am worried because I don't have a lot of energy. Also, becuase I went to Mexico I have no follow up appointment...wish I had someone looking at me in a week or two just to reassure me everything looks good.

Love reading where everyone else is in their recovery.

I was also banded on the 29th. Have only had to do vicadin once but the gas pains are horrable. Below my port incision I keep getting a pain if I move wrong. Feels like it's pulling on the mucsle. That hurts. The food part is driving me crazy. I didn't think it would be that big of a deal but it is. I just want to eat.... Anything! The Soups and yogart aren't cutting it. Plus I'm going crazy staying home. I'm usually a very active person. Don't stay home much or sit still much. Friends keep asking me to go places but it's hard because I'm hungry and there's food everywhere. So physically I'm ok but mentally going through it. I keep thinking I made the wrong desicion. I almost want to call the doc and tell him to take it out. Sorry to be such a downer but don't know where else to go with these feelings.

I can relate to your feelings about wanting to eat. It really show you how serious food addictions are it is like going through withdrawal. But, be encouraged...eating nothing is just s short part of this journey. Soon eating a little of what you want will your mindset. Good luck!

I was banded on 6/30/09 in Mexico. I has some creamy Soup today because I felt like I was starving earlier. I have lost about 9 lbs which is enouraging, but my left side (port) is still very sore. I can't bend over at all, anyone else with that problem. I go back to work Tuesday and I am worried because I don't have a lot of energy. Also, becuase I went to Mexico I have no follow up appointment...wish I had someone looking at me in a week or two just to reassure me everything looks good.

Love reading where everyone else is in their recovery.

I am waiting two weeks to go back to work. I can't see myself going back a week after. But I'm on my feet all day so that wouldn't be good. I would get a doc here in the states to check u out.