Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone Banded 6/29/09 I would love to talk to you.

AMSERZ..... i too have the same feelings, so PLEASE don't get discouraged & think you're the only 1. I have actually been STARVING since Thursday!!!! I have found that drinking the Protein Shake 3 times is helping but not all the way. To satisfy my need OR MENTAL need to chew, I am eating the heck out of SF popcycles!!! They do help. Right now as we speak, both boys (19&18) came in from church with cheeseburgers&ff..... so i am confined to my bedroom until they are finished & i even make them spray OUST to remove the lingering smells. Partly because I was getting nauseated sp? from the different food smells AND because it is killing me to smell it.... OK I SAID IT!!!!!! This is a journey that we all made a decision to be on and we just need to stick it out through this tough/hard time. PLEASE don't give up yet! Everyone says being thin feels so much better than a cheeseburger tastes!!!! So i'm trying to keep telling my self this and because both of my sons are leaving/moving out at the same time in August to go to Texas A&M WHOOP AGGIES!!! and i want to do this for them also......

Good morning everyone.

Wow I didn't expect to have to read this many posts this morning..lol

I am feeling pretty good. Still having some pain at my port incision and some at the main incision but I haven't taken any of the pain meds yet. Its not that bad. I am able to eat mushies so mashed potatoes, stuffed mixed in the blender that kind of stuff but I know I haven't taken in as much Protein as I should be so I am drinking my shakes now. I love my shakes. The swiss chocolate and I have a lemon iced tea one to and yummy. I guess I will just drink a couple of those a day and I shouldn't have a problem. Now as far as the BM goes I am just thrilled to announce Sat. was the day for that...lmao. I will say that I was told the pain meds will constipate you plus if you don't drink enough Water. I also took one correctol at night and in the am there it was. So you might want to think about taking one of those to help things come along. Don't take anything harsh. Correctol is gentle and works great. Water water water.... I am so happy people are talking on here. Lets keep it up people....:tongue_smilie:

lol JOJO! I was proud to have a BM this morning. I kept putting off taking anything because I just wanted it to happen on it's own. Today is my best day so far. I am able to do a lot more bending and squatting. I drove to church yesterday and was a little uncomfortable, but I am going to run some errands today. I have had some hard moments with the food, but am doing better with it than I thought. One week of full liquids left for me. I have a birthday party to go to tonight, so I will take my shake with me and deal with it. I am focusing on the big picture. Anyone can do something for 2 wks right? One day at a time everybody. Good luck to all!

You are right you can do the liquids for just a little longer. Keep the big picture in front of you and you can do it. Ok is anyone else having a lot of sneezing? When I was waking up from the surgery I had a sneezing attack and they told me its from the gas and to this day I sneeze a lot. :tongue_smilie:

It doesn't hurt as much as it did the day of surgery but geez I'm about done with it.

Hi, I was banded July 1st and am doing very well. My doctor has me on Clear Liquids for 1 wk then Protein Shakes with clear liquids for 1 week then finally the 3rd week I can have pureed food. I'm not going to lie it has not been easy but remain strong. He did not fill my band that will come in 1 month. One thing that helps me is I am drinking the broth of caldo de rez ( mexican beef soup) I dont know where you live but if you are able to have some one bring you some im sure it will satisfy you. You are welcomed to email me if you have any questions or if you want some one to talk to. I truly think this is the best thing I have ever done for myself! Be strong and stay positive thats what keeps me going. My email is zunirmh@mecwb.com if you would like to chat. I have lost 15 lbs so far and it has not even been a week :)

I was also banded on the 29th. Have only had to do vicadin once but the gas pains are horrable. Below my port incision I keep getting a pain if I move wrong. Feels like it's pulling on the mucsle. That hurts. The food part is driving me crazy. I didn't think it would be that big of a deal but it is. I just want to eat.... Anything! The Soups and yogart aren't cutting it. Plus I'm going crazy staying home. I'm usually a very active person. Don't stay home much or sit still much. Friends keep asking me to go places but it's hard because I'm hungry and there's food everywhere. So physically I'm ok but mentally going through it. I keep thinking I made the wrong desicion. I almost want to call the doc and tell him to take it out. Sorry to be such a downer but don't know where else to go with these feelings.

haha im so very glad there are ppl out there that feel as hungry and as crazed as i am. first off i wanna say theres no need to be a homebudy.. i went out even in pain on teh third day made teh day pass so much quicker.. i get into trouble walkin pass the kitchen when i stay home..

OK.. so i gotta confess ive been great on this liquid diet of mine and dont ask me what happend but i went to a july 4th bbq starved.. then went home paced back and forth like a crazzy person and THENN i opened the fridge and i ate yes ate a 100 calorie piece of bread!!! the worse thing and a peach! I musta been drunk.. ( no i wasnt drunk)

I tried to chew well but for some readon i tried to forget i wanted to just open the fridge and eat..

anywho i didnt vomit and nothign got stuck but i called thi morning to confess and i asked what sorta damage i did..

the ntritionist said if it didnt get stuck and i didnt vomit odds are I didnt cause damage, but ill know tom at my esophogram!! Im petrified!

Reason I wanted to post this moment of weakness is for anyone else thts feeling overwhelmed counting the minutes or days liquid faze is over.. ur not alone!

Food is an addiction.. and ive learned so much this past few weeks doing liquids..

1 thing is for certain I was hungry last night..

next I liek to eat bad foods if I see them

third ill generay overeat any food i do choose to eat.

and I had to sit in all the feelings that would generaly drive me to eat and i almost woulda rathered have been handcuffed and put in solitare confinement haha ok tahts sick.. point is.. this is not somethign taht can be fixd in 1 2 or even 3 weeks.. its in our heads..

ok so as far as hunger goes ive covered that.. yeh im hungry but i get hungry prob someplace in afternoon and at NIGHT!!

as far as soreness goes each day gets so much better.

I still have gas pain and peridcly i think its over and then ill get a shoulder pain.. so that just goes and comes..

Does anyone burp alot? yes i hear its gas but is it really.. i burp often and not very used to that.. I sure hope thats temp.

but please tell me Im no priest but has anyone cheated at all..?? please tell me

and the burping?

Thanksss,

feell good everyone!!

Hey iwannabehappy...... i have to admit i cheated on FrenchVanilla pudding my son had in the refrig.....OMG it WAS SO GOOD!!! Today is 1 wk for me & i get to have mashed pot & cooked veggies, so i'm REALLY looking forward to that in a bit. I will say it again...... the sugar-free popcicles are REALLY good when you just have to have something & want to chew (well at least for me they have been). Keep them handy & next time you feel the need to raid, just go ahead & let yourself but have a popcicle. They really do help!

As far as burping...... yes, I have been also!! I feel like I should be in a football locker room, cause they are crazy ones (seem to last a full minute & half). I too, get pain in left shoulder once or twice a day, but it seems to just go away on it's own. Good luck tomorrow & stop beating yourself up & go eat a nice, cold, crunchy, sweet, but sugar-free succulent grape popcicle!! : )

Hi all,

today has been better now that I can have creamed Soup although I had to endure my husband and daughter making homemade pizza that smelled GREAT! I have now worked up to walking a mile - I have been exercising since the 3rd day. I just hope that I can keep up with this creamy soup for 5 more days and then I get to go to soft eggs and mashed potatoes!!!! I think I will die! I am also having some problems with burping - I too hope it goes away. Take care and stay strong.

Thanks Mj! Hhaa u do love ur popcicles!

Im trying not to beat myself up but im so nervos for the test tom I just wanna see i didnt do harm and hopefuly i stay strong till Friday and i get to have mushies! woot woot!!

so u cheated on pudding ehh.. not to bad ..

i gotta get myself pocicles!

Good luck on next phase.

I was banded 6/29 and have one more week of liquids to go. I've never 'blogged' or even commented on any site before - I think I'm called a 'lurker'. Anyway - I read these threads and can't believe how much better I feel about everything I'm experiencing - because I'm not alone. Even when I was considering call it 'burp-land' instead of lap-band surgery.

I am definitely having the burping problem too, but sometimes it feels like I really need to burp but can't. Also getting random pains in my left shoulder just when I think that they are gone for good. My favorite thing to eat so far on this full liquid diet is fudgesicles and cream of potato soup(strained). I am still not able to get in all my Protein or liquid that I am supposed to. Oh well, I'm doing my best. Haven't cheated at all, I'm too afraid to. I almost forgot today and took a bite of something. Luckily I remembered. I'm really scared about the vomiting everyone talks about. Also really nervous about the fills. I am having to face my fear of needles! I will just close my eyes and go to my happy place. Lord help me!

I am definitely having the burping problem too, but sometimes it feels like I really need to burp but can't. Also getting random pains in my left shoulder just when I think that they are gone for good. My favorite thing to eat so far on this full liquid diet is fudgesicles and cream of potato soup(strained). I am still not able to get in all my Protein or liquid that I am supposed to. Oh well, I'm doing my best. Haven't cheated at all, I'm too afraid to. I almost forgot today and took a bite of something. Luckily I remembered. I'm really scared about the vomiting everyone talks about. Also really nervous about the fills. I am having to face my fear of needles! I will just close my eyes and go to my happy place. Lord help me!

I'm having that shoulder thing too. I think that's from the gas they pump in u to do the surgery. I don't thunk I'm getting all my liquids either. I think I'm getting the Protein though. Maybe off a little. The geek yogart has double the protein of regular yogart. That helps get in the protein. If you have a trader joes near you they have it there.

amserz, what is geek yogart? We don't have Trader Joes down here in Texas that I know of....... is there a website or something I can google?

Also i too, feel alot like I need to burp and then nothing....it is kinda frustrating!

amserz, what is geek yogart? We don't have Trader Joes down here in Texas that I know of....... is there a website or something I can google?

Also i too, feel alot like I need to burp and then nothing....it is kinda frustrating!

That meant to say Greek yogart. You may be able to find it at a regular store. It is a little different than regular yogart. It's a little tarter. But they have them with honey or you can just add vanilla extract to it. But they're almost double the Protein. When you get that burp feeling does it hurt?

Meant to say Greek yogart.