Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bunny Bandsters - April '09, MASTER THREAD #1

10_1_20.gif HEEEYY ALLLLL, got thru my test yesterday and everything turned out A.O.K. !!! I will be going in Monday, April 6, at 12:00 p.m. He said I could come home right after I wake up, if I'm not in too much pain. So I guess all this waiting is finally coming to an end and I can't believe the day is finally here!! I'll try to keep you guys posted on whats going on with me. We, Bunnies, are the BEST !!!

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb097&pp=ZUxdm553YYUS

Hello all bunnies, I am doing just fine after my 4/1 surgery. Everything went well and I came home the day after in the afternoon. I have not had a any pain meds since then. We have 2 kids and i can not be looped up and still help them. I think my pain tolerance is high. I am having some pain under my left rib where the port is. the other four incisions are doing well. I have not been hungry today just sipped Water and a couple of shakes. I have a slight stuffed feeling in bottom of my throat. maybe fullness??Oh by the way the 2 weeks of no cheating paid off, I lost 17lbs and my doctor said the surgery was textbook. Well off to get some sleep now and I will check in tomorrow.

Yay MulderFamily - same here - no cheating I had lost 7kg which is 15lb and the doc said text book surgery went smooth as it could have!

Hey, has anyone been having any problems getting onto their blogs? I have tried last nite and this morning and I can't get it to open up, I've tried searching for my name and I tried going to the top of the page and clicking on blogs. So if anyone canhelp, give me a holler!!

I sent a message to admin. on the tech forum a little while ago that this is happening. Hope they fix it fast.

Just a couple observations -

My countdown days to surgery is now in the SINGLE DIGITS!

Pre-op on Thursday.

Anesthesia? -

I LOVE IT!

One split second of sheer ecstasy!

("Please don't make me count backward - I want to savor this moment")

About a year ago - for my first meniscus tear surgery on my knee - I was apprehensive at first.

I practised my childbirth breathing - slow full inhale through the nose and gentle exhale through the mouth.

It worked and even brought my blood pressure down for awhile.

Think pleasant thoughts - whatever memories that give you peace.

For me it was imagining I was back at my childhood summer woodland cottage by a noisy stream with warm air (and a slender body) :thumbup:

Pre-op diet isn't as bad as I thought it would be.

Surprisingly -I'm not that hungry.

The anticipation of the surgery and regaining some self-esteem is wonderfully distracting.

If I don't stick to developing new habits now - it won't be any easier in the weeks to follow.

Hmm . . . . Isn't white Merlot a liquid? ??? :scared2:

Oh -

one last comment -

I woke up today and discovered I've returned to ONE-derland again.

- - - - after 5 days of pre-op diet

Have any of you experienced nausea on your pre-op liquid diet? Or vomiting? I have had it three times and this morning I actually got sick. Definitely going to take a pg test in the morning just to make sure! ha ha ha There is NO way that should be the case... and with 20 month and almost three month old babies. YIKES!

Hi everyone

Checking again after my April 1st surgery. Well, it hasn't been great. The good doctor continues to call me everyday. Today the pain in my shoulder has finally eased off a bit but not completely. I have had my moments wondering why on earth I would do this but it is clear to me now that this will all be worth it. I have had hardly anything to drink since surgery and have no desire to even drink. I am only doing so to keep healthly. The only time in my life that I had no desire to eat was after my father suddenly passed away when I was 23. I have had 2 c-sections and a hysterectomy and woke up starving after each. This is a very good sign. I cannot believe I'm not hungry. These bloody pains in my shoulder are horrible. They come on fast and furious, it feels like I am being stabbed. Luckily they don't last long. I am allergic to tylenol so am on codine instead and it makes me sleepy - not a bad thing. I talked to the doctor a few minutes ago and the tight chest that I have is normal. All of this is normal. I wasn't really expecting it because I have a high tolerance to pain and have been off pain meds much quicker than most in the past. I guess everyone's different. I can tell today is going to be a turning point, plus it's my son's 20th birthday. Good luck to those of you coming up for your surgery. Don't worry about it, just ride it out. Sounds rather easy for some and more difficult for others but no matter how you cut it, we are doing this for very good reasons - it took us a long time to get to this and if recovery is a few days longer, then so be it - it truly is the beginning of the best days yet to come. Someone was asking about feeling light headed - I did post surgery but the liquid gravol instantly took care of that - pls. have some ready, it is a god send. Have a great weekend everyone.

Oh -

one last comment -

I woke up today and discovered I've returned to ONE-derland again.

- - - - after 5 days of pre-op diet

What great news - congratulations!!!

Post OP Day 3 - Felt good this morning, but about 30 minutes after I had my lunch of chicken broth, I had a massive gas attack. I felt as if I was going to throw up. I had about a cup of Soup, maybe it was too much. I walked around the house to prevent me from throwing up and I did avoid it, but the noise coming out of my throat sounded as if I was in some horror film. I took a 2 hour nap after my stomach settled down and I feel better.

I don't want that to happen again.

I'm New here too... I was just banded 4/2/09. Thanks for starting this thread!

Please add me to the april list...