Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

JUNE 2009 Lap Band Surgery

5 DAY!! I am starting to get excited!! Not eating as much "last supper" stuff, but will have pancakes and eggs in the morning--sorry all you 'liquid people'. LOL picturing globs of Jello people walking around. lol!

OK, my question. Port area----big boobs??? I'm worried about the healing if my boobs are constantly rubbing on it (sorry guys (unless you have big boobs too) LOL).

Spud.mama,

As a well endowed woman myself, I have not had any issues with the healing or pain. I have an incision as well as the port right under my breasts and it has not been an issue thus far as I have been wearing a bra. I do have the little plastic square things over them right now but I don’t anticipate any problems after those come off in a few days. I had surgery on Tuesday.

The bra I have been wearing is a "sports bra" although really I am not sure what sport you could play with this as the support is not there to do much but walk around in it, but its comfortable cloth and spandex and it closes in the front. It has helped give me enough support to not worry about them being a cause of extra pain on the incisions, and the front closure makes it easy. Just in general as I know going without, one with the exception of the first day after, surgery is not a comfortable situation I got this ahead of time. The brand is Bestform and actually while writing this reply I googled it and found a link for you. They go up to a size 48 band which is nice but I know will not cover everyone, but I think finding a bra with the ease of the front closer and no wires or anything else to worry about so you can sleep in it as well has been really handy and I would suggest it. (As I did that a lot the first few days and did not want to worry about anything uncomfortable) This has been really comfortable and provides enough support for the first week for me so far to get them off the incisions. Here is the link... Bestform Intimates: Products: 2-ply stretch cotton front-close crop :-) Hope that helps.

5 DAY!! I am starting to get excited!! Not eating as much "last supper" stuff, but will have pancakes and eggs in the morning--sorry all you 'liquid people'. LOL picturing globs of Jello people walking around. lol!

OK, my question. Port area----big boobs??? I'm worried about the healing if my boobs are constantly rubbing on it (sorry guys (unless you have big boobs too) LOL).

Hi all :blushing: This is my first post but I just got scheduled for a June 19th Surgery!! I started my liquid diet yesterday and I'm feeling goood. Not hungry at all. I started my journery last March and had to do a full year of appointments with my nutritionist plus tons of other stuff which I'm sure you're all familiar with. But the day is almost here!!

June 19th in Downers Grove, IL with Dr. Rosen :lol: I can't wait. I'm super nervous but I'm sure it'll be great!!

Congrats! I am scheduled for my Third Fill on that date (and June 20 is my ONE-YEAR BANDIVERSARY)!! I will be thinking of you! Keep positive!

Lillyette (spelling) is a great bra line for large sizes (38DDD here). And they make some great front closure sports bras. I didn't think of getting one ahead of time. Wished I had. For large sizes it's one of the best bra line I've ever had. Now that my daughter is in Houston with reconstructive surgery including a breast reduction, guess I'll get all of her old bras...:thumbup:

I went a couple of days without one with no real problem. Everything is fine now.

good luck

The bra I have been wearing is a "sports bra" although really I am not sure what sport you could play with this as the support is not there to do much but walk around in it,...Here is the link... Bestform Intimates: Products: 2-ply stretch cotton front-close crop :-) Hope that helps.

:thumbup: We recently went looking for a sports bra for my daughter who was "blessed" with her mother's endowments, and it was rediculous that there are no sports bras for the big ladies. It actually discouraged her enuf not to do basketball for that time.:thumbup:

Thanks for the links, I will look into it.

No prob I hope it helps :-) Going "free" for a few days I am sure would is fine as far as the incisions go. I just dont like how it feels :-) Just depends on your comfort level. :thumbup:

spudmama, if you go to maidenform.com and click on the lilyette sports bras, they have two that are front closures and for different levels of motions. They also make bras for back fat. My daughter got me hooked on their minimizer bras and i love their whole line. Lots of big sizes, DDD and DDDD

No prob I hope it helps :-) Going "free" for a few days I am sure would is fine as far as the incisions go. I just dont like how it feels :-) Just depends on your comfort level. :thumbup:

I'm not a free flyer either. But I do have a little zit on my stomach under my...big toe, and by the end of the day it really hurts. LOLLOLLOL:lol::thumbup::lol::(:lol: TMI I know, but if that little thing can bother me I'm gonna be a baby about a ginormas cut under there!! LOL I'll be fine....as long as I laugh!!!!!:w00t::lol::thumbup:(maybe the zit is on my funny bone!!?? LOL)

:thumbup::lol:Help me!! I can't stop laughing at myself!!! :thumbup::lol::thumbup:

spudmama, laughing and coughing hurt a little bit after...I sometimes wrap my arms around middle section, at least the first few days, not so much anymore. Sneezing is definitely not fun!!

Trisha (pennreporter)

Hey everyone- had surgery 6/5 in the afternoon and was home yesterday. Surgery went well, but I have a lot of pain- I'm thinking mostly gas. I'm definitely not eating enough, but trying to get some things down. I feel like I'm a little slow going compared to some, but overall I'm doing well.

I was Banded 06/03/09 Im on my journey!

So Excited yet scared!Just want to get rid of this gas!!

I will keep checking in to let you now how it's going.

I like the name June Buggs!

:thumbup::lol: I GOT MY APPROVAL TODAY!!!!! :):lol:....11 DAYS AND COUNTING.....I can't til my re-birthday!!!....June 19th is my surgery date....I'm so excited:thumbup:......good luck to all!!!!!

327/302/190

highest/current/1st goal

Edited by Cherri236

Day 4,

still no hunger pains per-say, but I do get very nauseous very quick and have to get something down THAT MINUTE. Must be my new hunger trigger, yay! ugh... Havent found out what happens if I let it pass cuz I am scared of vomiting...

Have been able to sleep on both sides with lots of pillow support. I went to GNC and got a couple of 45gram protien bullets, I aim for 2 a day, I was told during liquid pre-op to get atleast 100grams of protien in a day, so I think 90 with just those is pretty good, and I sip on ispoure 40 gram drinks all day.

Kpdgal

I have been the same way. Not hungry at all until I feel my stomach gurgle and I have to have food right then and there.

I have had one weird thing. I have had no gas from the surgery being blown up so to speak so that was nice but I do have quite it bit of gas of every other kind which has been really painful and not relieved by gas-x at all.

Also I will get this feeling in my lower stomach that I need to burp but it doesn't come all the way up it just hurts really bad and causes a spasm sort of like when you hicup. Anyone else with this issue?

Day 4,

still no hunger pains per-say, but I do get very nauseous very quick and have to get something down THAT MINUTE. Must be my new hunger trigger, yay! ugh... Havent found out what happens if I let it pass cuz I am scared of vomiting...

Have been able to sleep on both sides with lots of pillow support. I went to GNC and got a couple of 45gram protien bullets, I aim for 2 a day, I was told during liquid pre-op to get atleast 100grams of protien in a day, so I think 90 with just those is pretty good, and I sip on ispoure 40 gram drinks all day.