Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

JUNE 2009 Lap Band Surgery

Just a question---so we've all been working towards our goal of actually getting banded, then what?? Besides for the obvious lose weight. Ya know like when people get married they have all this busy work to do for the wedding, then the honey moon, but then there's a let down--all the work is done now what? I know that is when the post-surgery depression comes into play, so I'm just trying to figure out what to look forward to (besides the hum-drum of everyday eating and working out) so I might be able to head it off at the pass. When my doc says I can I'd like to do a 'boot camp' workout for at least 3 months, but I'm not sure I can afford it cuz of surgery and time off work w/o pay.

Any thoughts??

Cherri sent me a link to this really cool site...its a program called Couch to 3K.....I was going to start is once I am healed from my surgery. Maybe we should make a thread of it and whoever wants to join in can? Might be fun!

Couch to 3K sounds great! I have wanted to do a 5K forever and it is one of my NSV goals.

Hi all,

My name is Bonnie and I was banded Monday, still at home recuperating. I am finding the not chewing (being on the liquid stage) the hardest so far. Jello is just not fun to chew! According to the scale I am down 11lbs since Sunday...although I don't really notice it right now. I am so bored right now...any suggestions on what one can do post op? What is couch to 3K? Also, where do I need to paste the code to my weightloss ticker in my profile? Can't seem to get it to work...thanks

THanks,

Bonnie

Hi all,

My name is Bonnie and I was banded Monday, still at home recuperating. I am finding the not chewing (being on the liquid stage) the hardest so far. Jello is just not fun to chew! According to the scale I am down 11lbs since Sunday...although I don't really notice it right now. I am so bored right now...any suggestions on what one can do post op? What is couch to 3K? Also, where do I need to paste the code to my weightloss ticker in my profile? Can't seem to get it to work...thanks

THanks,

Bonnie

Congrats Bonnie! 11lbs already? Awesome. I will be banded June 16th and not looking forward to liquids either, but hey whatever we need to do! Take care!!

Cheryl:wub:

weight.png

Edited by butterfly71201
ticker

I am on my 3rd day post op and at this stage have no desire to chew.I am even finding it hard to drink some of the liquids. Not because they are difficult to get down , there is no problem there, I'm just not really hungry yet. I can't even drink a full cup of tea and if you knew me then you would realise that is amazing as i am a complete and utter teapot.

Just got my Breakfast. Half a glass of drinking yogurt and so far all I have managed is two sips. The rest can wait until later.

Cherri sent me a link to this really cool site...its a program called Couch to 3K.....I was going to start is once I am healed from my surgery. Maybe we should make a thread of it and whoever wants to join in can? Might be fun!

Hey Breanne! I'm so glad u took off your picture! lol It always scareded me! :( LOL :w00t:

Hey, I think it's couch to 5K, but that is 3 miles so I understand the confusion. I'd like to do that too. Always scary to get out of my comfort zone. And I know i will attempt to use the excuse that it costs money to join and I is poe!:thumbup: lol So keep me in line!!

Ohh Im using Dr Rumbaut too. Youre the first person I have met on here who is using him. Are you getting the single insision surgery? I wish I was going on the 11th. Im the week after on the 18th. It would have been so nice to know someone....

I am not sure if I am getting the single incision or not, the website does not say what the requirements are to be a candidate for it. There are apparently several people getting theirs done on your date, but guess what...I am his only patient on the 11th! Dr. Rumbaut had a trip scheduled on the 11th so they didn't schedule any other patients after me and then his trip got cancelled so I am the only one getting banded on that date! I told Cathy that I expect to be treated like a king.

:biggrin:

Hi, everyone...

Banded Yesterday!!!!

Feel really good, some soreness on the left side around port incision, not bad. Taking my pain meds but going to space them out longer today. I did a good bit of walking around the house after I came home yesterday and feel good moving. No nausea or voming, tolerating all my Clear Liquids fine, but not really hungry. Overall the surgery experience was much better than I feared. Now on to recovery. Hope you all have as easy a time as I so far!

:biggrin::thumbup:

Welcome back Sandy. Glad all went well. I was banded on Monday and mine was pretty much like yours. Still no appetite or hunger. Do the Protein Drinks because I know I have to. Only time now I have any pain is sneezing...ouch...:biggrin:

Good luck

Trisha

pennreporter yes I have had surgery before but they were both eye surgery and so I am guessing the pain meds were different post op, this is the first time I have ever stayed at the hospital over night though.

Day 3 post op and this are going much better the allergic reaction from the morphine seems to be gone thank goodness one less thing to worry about. Incisions look good showered today and that felt fantastic for sure! Haven't needed pain meds yet today so I am able to stay awake for more than an hour hehe. The port site is really the only thing that hurts as far as pain goes. I however did get hicups yesterday which was really, really uncomfortable! Going to try and get some more Protein and Water down today and hope all goes well!

I do have a question for folks though they used the surgical glue on my incisions and then used the plastic squars over them. How long did people who had these leave them on?

I had differet nurses and dr tell me different times and I called today to ask again and got yet a different answer of leave them on for 3-5 days post op.

Hope everyone is doing well today!

~Heather

I'm finding it hard to stay awake also, several naps throughout the day.

The surgical strips, hmm..my surgeon's office called yesterday. I have the surgical glue, the clear strips and then bandaids over that. They told me just to take bandaids off. I go back in on next Tuesday for ANOTHER test, thank you very much, so I guess I'll find out then. But I think the clear things will eventually come off with showering. How many incisions did you have? I have five, four across (one of them bigger than the others) and then the port which is kind of under my right breast. I haven't had hiccups but had a sneezing spell. that was fun. But no hunger, hard to get down Protein drinks. Almost two today, a SF pop, two jellos, now on some beef broth...whoo hoo...all those 15 calories items, I'm really moving along...lol

Good luck

Trisha

Ah yeah I called and she said to take them

Off around day 5 if they don't come off on their own. Since u had glue as well on your incisions do u feel little humps on some of them like a bit of extra

Glue got on the surounding skin? I have 5 small incisions and the port. If I dident see the other ones I wouldent know they were there the port one is the only one that hurts.

The last 2 days I have felt like there is gas in my stomach like I have to burp but can't and its a bir painful, have u expierenced any of that?

I'm finding it hard to stay awake also, several naps throughout the day.

The surgical strips, hmm..my surgeon's office called yesterday. I have the surgical glue, the clear strips and then bandaids over that. They told me just to take bandaids off. I go back in on next Tuesday for ANOTHER test, thank you very much, so I guess I'll find out then. But I think the clear things will eventually come off with showering. How many incisions did you have? I have five, four across (one of them bigger than the others) and then the port which is kind of under my right breast. I haven't had hiccups but had a sneezing spell. that was fun. But no hunger, hard to get down Protein drinks. Almost two today, a SF pop, two jellos, now on some beef broth...whoo hoo...all those 15 calories items, I'm really moving along...lol

Good luck

Trisha

Glad your doing so well.I was banded June 1 too! I feel alot better than expected.I am following my Dr's orders for the food (liquid diet) as I really want this band to heal so it can work for me later.Let us know how you do.