Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

JUNE 2009 Lap Band Surgery

Ugh I started my pre-op diet yesterday and would kill for anything solid to eat right now. smoothies, Protein Shakes, & sugar free popsicles just don't have the same zip as a grilled chicken breast and some rice :smile:. Anyone know at what point will I adjust to the liquids only? I've heard some people say 3 days but others have told me it was almost a week before they got used to it.

Hi, I'm trying to upload the weightloss ticker onto my signature page and not succeeding any suggestions

thanks

On the ticker, once you've created it on the other website, there's a box that you have to copy. You're not really uploading, per se. You have to copy and paste. Once you come back to this site, go to edit signature and then you paste it in the box for your signature.

Good luck. Hope that helps

trisha

Once you've created it, you copy the "bbcode" which will look like this... with no spaces... be sure you have it all. THen you paste it into your signature.

[ url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wYJX9ei/ ]

[ img ]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wYJX9ei/weight.png[ /img ]

[ /url ]

One week to go! So excited! I have been working towards this goal for 2 years and its finally 1 week away!

How is everyone doing? What things are you doing to prepare? Your bedroom, bathroom, food stuffs, things to bring to the hospital? I am a huge list maker and preparer so that is what I am doing tomorrow. My last day off work before surgery next Tuesday!

My surgery is on 2 June and so far I have done nothing to prepare. I will shop for foods I need on Monday, probably pack my bag over the weekend and thats about it.

Just wondering what you need to prepare in the bedroom, bathroom etc?

In my case for the bedroom my mattress was on a box spring and it was really high and would have been hard to get in and out of so I took it out. I have a very small room as well so I took anything out that would be a cause to walk around. Set out things that I might need on a daily basis that might have been in a closet or on a shelf so I would not have to reach to get to them that sort of thing. In the bathroom I did not do anything other than I am going to clean my house Monday cause I know I wont be up to doing it for a few weeks, but other people have said they got raised toilet seats, installed a grip bar to get in and out of the shower that kind of thing. I did not do any of those as I did not feel it necessary but I was looking for ideas of other things that I might not have thought of.

Wow thats a lot of preparation. I didn't think we would be that bad off after the procedure. I will clean the house and shop for food, I have a high bed too so I will sleep in the guest room but beyond that I think I will be fine.

I guess every person is different in how they are with pain. My daughter had her band in Feb 08. She had surgery on Tuesday, flew home from Houston to NYC on Friday and worked on Saturday. She's a hair colorist and was on her feet all day. She said her worst pain was just the pain the gas that they inflate you with and that was just the first day. She took pain meds the first couple of nights just to sleep because she's not a back sleeper. But, otherwise, she said pain from surgery itself felt like she had just done a whole bunch of sit-ups and was sore.

My surgeon has said he uses a technique where he tries to vacuum as much of the gas back out as possible to alleviate some of the inflation gas pain. But my scripts are liquid oxycodone. So it should all be good...:blush:. Otherwise I'm not really making any changes to home (have lots of steps, so no choice). But everyone has a different tolerance to pain. After crushing an ankle, 3 pelvic fractures and a fractured sacrum, this should be a walk in the park..:blush:

So good luck to all

Trisha

Hello to ALL,

My BIG day is June 22nd and CAN'T WAIT. Tired of caring this extra weight and taking 8 BP pills.< /span>

Pennreporter I hope and pray like all hell I can walk in her shoes. I'm not sure if i can tolerate pain, i've NEVER had a surgery before but i've given birth to 4 kids naturally so i'm thinking i'll be ok.

How close, i'm in Carlisle PA

Edited by gemini1465

Wow - I had never thought it would require that much change either! My husband is so cute and is taking the following day(s) off/work from home to help out. Basically - running the kids around so I can sleep. LOL

My pre-op classes didn't mention that much change either - sore a few days etc.

Gemini ---- I gave natural birth twice and thinking, if we can handle THAT, we'll be fine! I gave birth naturally and took the pain pills after ---- which is similar to this!

I also gave birth to 4 kids--naturally and no pain meds but ibuprofin. If this really only feels like doing weigh (lol) too many sit ups I think I can handle that. Oh wait!! I just remembered what it felt like when I did a full body work out with weights for the first time (years ago). OMG!!! I'm gonna DIE if it feels like that!!!! But I guess I did live thru it. OK, I can handle the surgery. :crying: I need to hold on to that feeling tho to put it in perspective. :thumbup:

very funny spudmama! I did natural birth also, but that was 38 years ago, I was 18 and it only last 45 minutes. You can almost tolerate anything for 45 mins. :crying:

The worst pain I've ever had ...well, two times ...both of car accident..when the surgeon removed staples from surgery on ankle and then when the physical therapist came in after I had laid in bed for sold two weeks with no movement at all (broken pelvis and broken tailbone) and proceeded to pull me by the arms out of the bed. Only time in my life I've ever screamed. So I'm going with that as a 10 out of 10 pain rating. Anything less than that I'm good with (and Oxycodone of course...lol)

good luck all

trisha

Well today ends day 5 of liquids. 9 more days to go... Not really having any issues, I am drinking Carnation Instant No Sugar with the powdered milk add in they tell you to do and it pretty much keeps me full. Im just getting bored. Went for my surgeon meeting on tues and did the pre-op testing today, now all i have to do is show up for surgery. The RN told me today that I am nice and healthy and will do great in surgery and that they will give me a sedative in the waiting room before even going to surgery so I prob wont remember any of it! FINE WITH ME!!!!:crying: The less I know the better...!!!

QUESTION!

What is everyone getting put in? My surgeon told me he is going to use the Realize Band.....