Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

JUNE 2009 Lap Band Surgery

Ah yes the laughing not that bad but coughing, sneezing, and omg I got hicups like 2 days after that was not fun. Just keep holding my tummy if I cough or anything that seems to help a bit.

And laughter really is the best medicine. :grouphug:

I'm not a free flyer either. But I do have a little zit on my stomach under my...big toe, and by the end of the day it really hurts. LOLLOLLOL:lol::):lol::lol::lol: TMI I know, but if that little thing can bother me I'm gonna be a baby about a ginormas cut under there!! LOL I'll be fine....as long as I laugh!!!!!:lol::lol::lol:(maybe the zit is on my funny bone!!?? LOL)

:lol::lol:Help me!! I can't stop laughing at myself!!! :lol::lol::lol:

I am two days post-op. My surgeon was Dr. Roberto Rumbaut in Monterrey, Mexico. I know it would go smoothly and had a lot of confidence in the doctor, the facilities and other arrangements, but everything has been even better than I had expected! As long as you are flexible with some of the minor cultural differences (being told something will happen at a given time and it not, or taking a few hours to see the doctor) then you will have an amazing experience in Monterrey. Dr. Rumbaut has done so many of these and has such a competent staff that everything works like a well-oiled machine. The Dr. could not stress enough how easy I made his surgery by strictly following the pre-op diet. He said my liver had shrunk a lot and it made a big difference in making the surgery a success. His bedside manner and just overall personality is unmatched and the effort and time he takes with his patients individually means a lot—especially considering how many patients he has.

As long as you are flexible with some of the minor cultural differences (being told something will happen at a given time and it not, or taking a few hours to see the doctor) then you will have an amazing experience in Monterrey.

I think we have the cultural quality here in Illinois, too. :blink: Lots of "hurry up and wait" for me yesterday.

I think we have the cultural quality here in Illinois, too. :blink: Lots of "hurry up and wait" for me yesterday.

Haha, yeah, I was thinking about how many hours I have waited in Dr.'s offices in the US after I wrote it. I guess what I mean is that everything runs so smoothly with Dr. Rumbaut and his people that you expect everything go be perfect.

I am 8 days post-op and trying to get in all my Protein but seems I am not meeting my goal. Any advice or suggestions?? I am not hungry and have to force down the Protein Shakes.< /p>

I am 8 days post-op and trying to get in all my Protein but seems I am not meeting my goal. Any advice or suggestions?? I am not hungry and have to force down the Protein Shakes.< /div>

I can't hardly handle shakes either. My Dr. gave me some Isopure brand drinks that you can get at GNC. They are a little pricey but each bottle has 40g of protein. They come in grape, apple, and other flavors. They are not that great and quite sour, but they are so much better than those shakes. I am glad something so thin exists that has enough protein in it. Good luck and hope you like them enough for you to get your protein in!

I am 8 days post-op and trying to get in all my Protein but seems I am not meeting my goal. Any advice or suggestions?? I am not hungry and have to force down the Protein Shakes.< /div>

What is your goal?? FYI-I've heard this few weeks after surgery are for healing and not for losing weight. Not that that is stopping me from getting on the scale 3 or 4 times a day when I'm home. :blink:

Hey GUys...3 days pre-op and I feel pretty prepared..I wanted to update my ticker today to reflect the 27# I have lost since beginning my journey and making a lot of sacrifices. I feel good about this weight loss and luckily have done it without exercise so far..just pure will and determination to cut the crap out of my life..but I will tel you.... chips are my crack! I look at them everywhere and they still sing to me...but I have resisted...before my preop liquids began on June 3 I was only on baked ruffles or pita chips, but since preop liquids have not cheated or anything..But I will tell you I am already imagining a time when I will dare to try a potato chip again...ugh...anyways...Wednesday here I come!

I can't hardly handle shakes either. My Dr. gave me some Isopure brand drinks that you can get at GNC. They are a little pricey but each bottle has 40g of Protein. They come in grape, apple, and other flavors. They are not that great and quite sour, but they are so much better than those shakes. I am glad something so thin exists that has enough protein in it. Good luck and hope you like them enough for you to get your protein in!

Have you tried the protein bullets? They are 45grams for 3 oz,and altho they taste pretty bad, its over quickly.. They are avail in fruit punch, lemon-lime and peach... Peach is the only one I can tolerate. each tube has 190 cal, but no fat or sugar, I will drink some or all of one to get my protein count to atleast 65 (thats my minimum) I am on day 9, I am down 20, but today is the first day I didn't loose weight on the scale, so I think my "free-ride" with no exercise is over, time to get on the ball (treadmill) and get things moving again!

jtoler -- sounds like you're doing great! Good luck on the 17th!

For the post-op people, how much were you moving around 3 days after surgery? I'm still pretty sore and need help to get out of bed. I can get up and down from a chair, but up from the bed is painful. I did it yesterday morning by myself, but it increased my pain quite a bit. Definitely feeling better this morning than yesterday morning, though.

jtoler -- sounds like you're doing great! Good luck on the 17th!

For the post-op people, how much were you moving around 3 days after surgery? I'm still pretty sore and need help to get out of bed. I can get up and down from a chair, but up from the bed is painful. I did it yesterday morning by myself, but it increased my pain quite a bit. Definitely feeling better this morning than yesterday morning, though.

2nd and 3rd day were my worst days, really needed help getting up off of anything, couch, bed, chair. Just have to really baby your tummy a few more days, walking helps alot, and tylenol to keep the pain at bay, ice and heat also helped my tummy. By Day 7-8 I feel totally normal again, altho I did slip on steps last night, and I could feel my port site pull, but the pain didn't stay...

Glad to know someone else had this! I keep reading, "it didnt hurt at all" or "I wouldnt have believed it was in except I had a scar".....I am also day 3, june 12th. I believe my surgeon did an excellent job but I was really sore! Today I did manage to get out of the bed on my own and actually can tell I am starting to feel better. Holy crap, I thought it hurt and I am not a baby! I have had lots of surgeries over the years and this was on my radar as kinda painful! I also have been getting chilled very easy and I am always the hot girl in the room (fat ones usually are) and I have this weird pain under my left rib cage that goes away when I put my arms over my head! oh well...its here and behind us now so a new tool to help us reach our goals! Good luck to you (and everyone).

Jill

Glad to know someone else had this! I keep reading, "it didnt hurt at all" or "I wouldnt have believed it was in except I had a scar".....I am also day 3, june 12th. I believe my surgeon did an excellent job but I was really sore! Today I did manage to get out of the bed on my own and actually can tell I am starting to feel better. Holy crap, I thought it hurt and I am not a baby! I have had lots of surgeries over the years and this was on my radar as kinda painful! I also have been getting chilled very easy and I am always the hot girl in the room (fat ones usually are) and I have this weird pain under my left rib cage that goes away when I put my arms over my head! oh well...its here and behind us now so a new tool to help us reach our goals! Good luck to you (and everyone).

Jill

Ya, it hurt, but it was worth it! :tongue_smilie:

Hi everyone, another Junie here! My surgery is scheduled for June 17th (this Wednesday!) and I am getting pretty excited! I cannot wait to share this journey with you all. :tongue_smilie:

Thank you all for responding! Oh my goodness, I was starting to think I was the only one who was laid low for a few days. What a relief!