Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

JUNE 2009 Lap Band Surgery

I'm having issues!!!!

Might possibly be emotional eating issue but still...I WANT TO EAT EVERYTHING!!!! And I am a little.:) Not eating 'everything' but working my way to it!! I am suppose to start pureed and mushies tomorrow but have been pretty much eating those for a while, but eat spaghetti, ice cream, and just ate an English muffin! Now I know I'm not suppose to eat those, but I think the post surgery depression is kicking in for me. :frown: I gained 4 lbs over night a few days ago and when I thought I was doing good. Now I am a little stressed cuz we decided last week that we are going to move into a house with my husband (we have been seperated to 4 years) but have to find a house that doesn't do credit check or criminal check. And I have to move before I get evicted cuz I have a job now that pays, not peanuts, but only the shells. LOL hence why I have to move. Haven't been exercising just stressing. Boo Hoo Whoa is Me!! Thanks for listening.:(

You just need to remind yourself what put you on this journey in the first place. One you have had your fill, maybe things will fall into place for you... Maybe you need to go talk to a counselor or something, sounds like you are in for a stressful few months.

I am 8 days post-op and trying to get in all my Protein but seems I am not meeting my goal. Any advice or suggestions?? I am not hungry and have to force down the Protein shakes.

eggs are a fabulous way to get in protein! I do 1 egg meal a day, generally Breakfast. If you get 3 eggs (18gm protein) and 2 oz of cheese (8 gm of protein) then after that meal you've got 26 gm right there. I sometimes do this meal twice daily if I can't think of what to eat, and I'm meeting or exceeding my Protein daily.

Also, SHAMROCK FARMS CHOC MILK ROCKIN' REFUEL! It's a choc milk (tastes yummy) w/ 25 gm of protein. I know some ppl can't have choc milk but I got the ok and it's a drink I have in between meals, works out great!!! Good luck! :)

Ah yes the laughing not that bad but coughing, sneezing, and omg I got hicups like 2 days after that was not fun. Just keep holding my tummy if I cough or anything that seems to help a bit.

And laughter really is the best medicine. :)

OMG I agree. I'm cool w/ the laughing & coughing. But sneezing seems to pull something, and hicups make me feel embarassed. i feel like I'm all loud and it hurts in my chest. It's just wild! Hicups are not my friend!!!

Isopure is 170 calories, no carbs, very low on sodium and 40 grams of Protein. So if you get one of those down a day, you're 3/4 of the way through. Plus is a clear juice flavored drink...I didn't particularly care for the passion fruit but at least cold with ice it was easier to get down than soy-based drinks

good luck

p.s. remember pretty soon you can do away with as many Protein Drinks and replace with fish/chicken ....there is a god...lol

trisha

Greetings from Alabama! I just found out that I was approved for my surgery and it will be on June 30th, so I am officially able to join the June group! :blink: I notice that many of you have lost a good bit of weight already. Is some of that pre-surgery or is it all post-surgery? I am just curious what I should expect.

I am not required to do a pre-surgery liquid diet but I think I am going to do a week of liquids only to prepare myself. Do any of you have any comments about doing it or not doing it?

Amy

Congrats, yay your date is almost here now, just past the weekend! I would recommend maybe 1-2 meals a day sub in some liquid. I was not required to do it either but I did either Protein shake or Protein Bars 1-2x a day. I lost 8.5 lbs 2 wks before surgery and now 10.5 lbs since surgery 9 days ago. I'm doing well but I'm weighing out all my food now that I'm on solids again. I'm being super strict, no snacking. Wise to cut out all snacking prior to surgery too! Luck Luck Luck!!! :)

Congrats, yay your date is almost here now, just past the weekend! I would recommend maybe 1-2 meals a day sub in some liquid. I was not required to do it either but I did either Protein shake or Protein Bars 1-2x a day. I lost 8.5 lbs 2 wks before surgery and now 10.5 lbs since surgery 9 days ago. I'm doing well but I'm weighing out all my food now that I'm on solids again. I'm being super strict, no snacking. Wise to cut out all snacking prior to surgery too! Luck Luck Luck!!! :)

Many thanks for the well wishes and info. I have been doing 2 Protein shakes a day with one meal this week and have lost 4 pounds so far. The snacking for me isn't as bad as giving up diet coke, which I used to drink all day long. I have gotten down to one a day, which is BIG for me, but tomorrow and Monday I will have to go without to get prepared. Hopefully tea with splenda will take care of the need for caffiene, since I don't like coffee!

BTW-congrats on your weight loss so far. I can't wait to see the pounds begin to drop!!! Have you been walking a lot as well as following your meal plan?

:thumbup:Hey all just a update I was banded this past monday (june22) and im doing just great i tried some cottage cheese on thursday did not agree with me so I went back to liquids I tried again on friday and i had some tuna with mayo which wasfine and saturday i had 1 softboiled egg for Breakfast a protien shake for lunch and a little eggsalad for dinner everything was fine had a few sf pops in middle of the day and 2 Decaf coffees. i am down 22 lb since my pre op 1 day liquid diet.:thumbup:

Hello June Bandsters.... It took me a while to finally receive a surgery date of June 29, 2009.... After the first denial I thought I may never get the surgery, but with some determination and time devoted to writing an Appeal letter, it's finally going to take place....

I also go in on June 29th. Wish you the best!!!:thumbup:

Here I am almost through the 2 week liquid diet. I will be banded in the morning. I am glad the time has come. Just a little nervous. June 29th banders please respond , could use a lil talk...

Hi Everyone, I was band June 25, 2009. So far the journey has been way better than I expected. I wish all of us the best of luck!!!!

Here I am almost through the 2 week liquid diet. I will be banded in the morning. I am glad the time has come. Just a little nervous. June 29th banders please respond , could use a lil talk...

Hey Misty-

My surgery is on the 30th, so I am with you on the nervousness. How did your day go today with the pre-surgery Clear Liquids and what not? I am not really looking forward to that tomorrow, but it will be worth it when my surgery is done.

Best wishes. Let us know how you are doing when you feel up to posting!:thumbdown:

Hello all!!

I am having some trouble with my port site. Started last night when I made the mistake of bending over to get a pen out of the clothes dryer before the entire load was ruined. Felt like a sharp burning pain. Then all night I had trouble getting comfortable. It would ache when i laid on my back.. but if I tried to lay on my left side..the pain was intense. A little less severe on my right side or stomach. The port really had not bothered me much in the last two weeks, so the pain is new.

I have heard that some discomfort at the port site is normal. Have any of you experienced such discomfort?? The incision is still normal.. no redness or soreness. I wouldn't be too worried about it except that I have to travel up to VA today for a few days. My father-in-law is in the hospital and not doing well at all.

I will be three weeks out tomorrow.. and have an appt with my surgeon next week for my first "fill". I would appreciate any advice as to whether or not this is normal.

I hope everyone has a great week! Becca

p.s. - my cold, clammy weak episodes quit when my nutritionist let me have normal food! (mushy chicken salad, ground turkey & beef, etc)

Hello all!!

I am having some trouble with my port site. Started last night when I made the mistake of bending over to get a pen out of the clothes dryer before the entire load was ruined....

I am about 2 1/2 weeks out and my port site started hurting a few days ago, kinda like it did a few days after surgery when I started walking and the jiggling hurts it. I never thought about it until now but I did bend over a couple times that seemed to pinch it. I wonder if maybe it pulled some stitches or the muscle the stitches are attached to. Should I worry? Should you worry?? I guess we'll have to talk to a doctor. My main worry is that I have heard of peoples port flipping--not really into that thought! Let me know if you learn anything about it.

Edited by spud.mama
wrong spelling of a word

Hey Everybody! I'm 2 weeks out today and feeling GREAT! It's funny how the first week (without food), I thought... what have I done??? This was sooo stupid! Now I'm SO freaking happy I did this! I'm trying to wait and weigh once a week, so I have to get on the scale tomorrow. I don't feel like I've lost any this week so I'm nervous to get on. I have been adding different foods little by little, and I don't get full like I did last week. I even went out to eat with my sister yesterday. I just chewed everything until it was slush and ended up taking more than 3/4 of my meal home with me. My sister is a little frustrated with me. She kept saying... Come on, Grandma, you can't eat any faster? She is the only person that is completely against me doing this and I think it's all for selfish reasons. She has always said... You got the great personality, and I got the body. My Mom, sister and brother can eat whatever they want and never gain an ounce. Me and my Dad got stuck with the crappy metabolism. I'm just hoping she comes around, cause I LOVE her to DEATH!

Speaking of the port site... OH MY GOSH! It is freaking me out! It still hurts a little there, and I can't stop touching it. Gross, right? I don't even know I'm doing it! Me and hubby were at the grocery store and I was just looking at things and he says... "Lisa! STOP IT!" I realize I do it when there is food around. I had no idea I would be able to feel it under the skin. WEIRD!

I wanted to say to the everyone... GOOD LUCK! Hope everyone's surgeries this week go amazingly well!

Have you been walking a lot as well as following your meal plan?

I have not. this is my biggest down fall so it's my highest priority goal this next week. I have worked out 2x since surgery, walked for 20 mins. Today I used a 15 min break at work to walk our parking lot, it's 110 degrees here in az now so that was miserable. I'm going to try the workout shows on the FIT channel on my satellite. I have TIVO so I've already recorded a few so I have 3-5 30 min shows waiting for me there if I'd just do them. hope to get it done tonight!

Oh and I'm wearing a pedometer and trying to read 10k steps a day but right now I just get between 3-4000/day w/o additional walking.