Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Men of March 2009 here?

SpriritDriven71 I also noticed you are half way to your goal. That is awesome, best of luck to you, I hope the fill helps with the hunger.

great news greg....i missed my 2nd appointment and my first fill yesterday because of severe whether and working out of town so now we're going next wednesday for my first fill...i have allways felt alot of restriction so i'm pretty happy right now but will see what doc has to say....i'm still on liquid diet but i've tried a couple of thing that went great small but it is so good to chew lol what do yall think about sunflower seeds ?good bad............its seems to give me something to do.......i am soupped out ....

spirit hows the fill feeling????hope all is well with the rest of yall need an update from coach and the bigbossman how are you guys holding up? well take it any way you can get it boy...and cinch up your shorts , it looks like there going to fall off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:(

Hey guys....great news from gregnlr. It feels good to step on that scale and actually look foward to what it is gonna say. I hope everyone is doing good. I should be on quite a bit since my school district cancelled classes for the next two weeks due to the swine flu. I am still weighing the same I was the past few days. I started lifting weights and some light jogging. I'm hoping I have built some muscle these past 6 days. I had forgotten what soreness felt like. My waist is at a 38. This is pretty amazing for me considering I was at a very uncomfortable 44 a few months ago.

I'm with waylayer73....we need an update from the BigBossMan. My doc wants me to get another fill on Monday. I don't feel like I need it but then again he is the one with the big diploma on the wall. Keep your eye on the prize!

Waylayer and Coach thanks for the words of encouragement. I can't wait till I am in a 38 waist. I can't wait not to shop in the Fat Guys section where everyone looks at you funny. Anyway, I had to change belts the one I wore just won't go down any more, so out to the garage sale it will go. I am hoping to get into my 42's this week. But the news is the weigh just keep coming off. Again, I won't update my ticker till next group, but with 12-15 pounds a month, I am one happy camper. Not to mention I am getting so much more done, both at home and work. Since the LB I have received two written thank you notes that went to my Boss and her boss. I think I am just more productive. I know I am getting more done around the house and yard. It is bad, but now I want to go up to people and tell them about the LB. Keep updating this thread so we can continue the encouragement. Thanks Guys. BigBossMan, where are you? Did I mention, I still have not had a fill, my doc said again this week that I may not need one, I am not hungry and can only eat 6 ounces, he says I am good to go for now.

Edited by Gregnlr

I missed this post altogether, but I suppose it's better late than never, right?

How are you guys doing so far? Im not doing too bad just need to get more self control I suppose for this to work better for me.

I missed this post altogether, but I suppose it's better late than never, right?

How are you guys doing so far? Im not doing too bad just need to get more self control I suppose for this to work better for me.

I am the same, need more self control. I had my first fill a week ago. I feel fuller, though it's not enough. I know I need at least another fill.

I am surprised what I can eat. It's still much less than what I used to, but I am not having issues as other people have. I think it's that I really chew my food now. Which is a big NSV for me. I used to inhale my food before.

Gregnlr thanks for the props! :thumbup:You are doing well with your own weight loss :thumbup:

Welcome zwordz, there are lots of good guys on here making progress. Looks like you are not doing too bad yourself 48 pounds down. Let us know if you have any questions or need support. That is what this is about, reaching our goals.

I think it's that I really chew my food now.

I've decided to puree/process my foods:scared2:. I find that what I used to eat in one sitting I now can make it stretch for about a day. I just make sure I have 2 Protein Shakes, Vitamins, lots of Water, and Jello throughout the day and I'm fine with that. My Dr. said make sure I have enough Protein if I'm going to do this:thumbup:.

I've also started lifting weights and riding the bike to go along with the laps I swim at the pool.

What exercise are you guys doing and what seems to be working for you all? Oh BTW I'm still hungry, I think I'm going to ask for another fill.

Ben

update time..........................................

got my first fill yesterday and all went smooth...doc wanted to put 4cc in and at 3cc my band was to tight according to the xray..so i ended up with only 2cc..which is cool with me because i feel great now.:) and i walked 5 miles this morning and could due more easy...confidence is high i repeat confidence is high.....i just hope i can keep this feeling.. oh yeah as far as weight goes .......my short term goal was to be from 410 to 350 by may 12th and i was at 352 yesterday so i'm there...now july 6th to be at 320 and just keep on rolling...

good luck to all and keep us updated good and bad we can help each other.............

I havn't logged in in a while, so: things are going pretty well, slow and steady. Down 1 1/2 pant sizes (tight 46 to a pretty loose 44) and many belt notches. I hung onto a lot of clothes from my thinner days, it's been a kick trying them back on again and seeing them fit or at least getting looser. Back in my beloved Hawaiian shirts for the summer, I hope!

Had a fill, too, 2.75 ml. Not very much, but I can feel the difference. Had my first PB today, too! My fault, I was in a hurry at work and bolted down a small piece of BBQ chicken, took too big a bite and didn't chew nearly enough, started hicupping, and just made it to the john in time to blow it out. Lemee tell ya, BBQ going down is tasty, coming back up it is nasty, nasty stuff. I don't ever want to do that again, so I've gotta get over my shovel-it-in eating habits.

So far so good, no regrets! Keep it up guys!

Hey Guys....I thought I was gonna be able to be here more often this past week but the wife had a "honey-do" list that would not end. Things are going well. Went to the doc on Tuesday and he gave me another fill. I really didn't think I needed it but he recommended I get it anyway. Let me tell you, it has been something else. I know exactly what restriction means now. I thought I was doing a pretty good job of chewing food but now I really have to puree everything with my own teeth and saliva. On the upside, I am feeling less hungry throughout the day and only eat the three square meals and my Protein, protein, protein. All the best!

I had my first fill today 3.4cc in a 10cc band. Back to broth for a week and mushes for a week. Hope everything is going well guys, this has become sorta a norm now. I sure like the weigh coming off...

I had my first fill today 3.4cc in a 10cc band.

Did you get the Realize Band?

I sure like the weigh coming off...

Yeah me too.. I look forward to stepping on the scale now.

Also, I have noticed my children are very supportive and conscious to what they eat, how they eat it and when they eat it... They are drinking more Water (with sugar free flavored drink mixes like I always do) and they look forward to bike trips and swimming. :smile2:

I could be doing better. I am under a lot of stress from big changes happening at work. I have plateaued for 2 weeks now. I just can't wait until the weekend. The whole ordeal at work will hopefully pass and I can get back on track.