Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Men of March 2009 here?

I had my second fill yesterday and OMG, I have to slow down on Water, but this is great. I keep losing and a am so happy I could pee.

I had my second fill yesterday and OMG, I have to slow down on Water, but this is great. I keep losing and a am so happy I could pee.

My 2nd fill is this Monday. I am looking forward to it. I hope it kicks start my weight loss again.

Second fill, I'm going in for my 4th on Tuesday! On another note, My blood pressure was 116 over 60!!! No more blood pressure meds for me!

Hi Guys,

Well i don't go in for my 1st fill till the 22 of this month. I still have lost 70pds. What happens when you get your fill besides them filling you in the port. Do you eat less ? Or drink less ? I have about 50pds to go to get to where i want to be.. The doc hasn't filled me because i have lost pounds with out it. How are the rest of you guys doing. You know we should try to meet next March.

Well i'm off to do my 6 mile walk. Hope your all doing GREAT !!!!!

Smaller BossMan:thumbup:

Not so BigBossMan, the fill is a breeze, it will tighten you band and you may not even know it since it is your first fill. It was not till my second fill that I have good restriction. This means the food stays above the band which gives you a full feeling without eating much. 70 pounds is awesome, I am at 60+ so right on your heals, and yes I walk everyday like you...We should meet next march that would be cool or course you will only be meeting half of me :)

got my 2nd yesterday... up to 4.5 cc in my 10 now.

I had a yogurt last night for dinner.

This morning tried to eat a scrambled egg with some cheese. I felt like PBing. So I had another yogurt instead. I am on a pureed diet until saturday.

I get a better idea how things are going as this week progresses.

Hey Group...Looks like everyone is doing pretty good. I am feeling great. The weight is slowly and steadily coming off and I feel the healthiest I have felt in years . I have been pretty busy as I'm sure you guys have too. My wife is now on her pre-op diet and she is scheduled for the 2nd of July. She said that watching me do it first has really helped her. We are pretty much each others personal support group. I can't believe the amount of money we are saving on groceries. I might just have to start remodeling the house (the kids really want a pool). We'll just have to see. Keep your eye on the prize!

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! for the last 2 weeks my weight has gone up and down 5 lbs. and im not sure why......i've worked out more than ever, walking for 2 hours at a time plus up and down bleachers and light weights..my food intake is a little more but not much and now i feel very little restriction..my fill app.in on july 1st and i cant wait, really i tried to change it yesterday but doc is on vacation..i know i'll get through this. i was doing so well and now it has stopped and i'm scared to fail.....so i come here to read for incouragement. anyways just a speedbump,,here we go.

Coach, it looks like you continue to do awesome. I understand on the groceries, I save about $400 a month, the LB pays so get your kids the pool and I bet as thin as you and your wife will be you will enjoy it as much as they will. Treat yourself, you deserve it.

Waylayer you can expect to have those type of fluctuations up 5 pounds is no big deal and you have not failed you have all ready succeeded. Make sure you are getting around 1000 calories and if you think you might be eating too much, you probably are. Track you food, I use the daily plate. Only then will you understand what works and does not work for you. Work the band, don't work around the band. Best to you..

Hey group,

It's been a while since i've been in here. Activity seems to have slowed down quite a bit. I hope everyone is doing well and will post their successes. This site serves as a great tool for everyone who gets banded or considering getting banded.

As for me, things are going well. I'm 14 lbs away from my goal weight. Things have slowed down quite a bit for me. I'm losing about 1 pound a week, which is still really good considering how close I am to my goal. Football season is right around the corner which means the running and jumping around will help. Not to mention the 105 degree temps we've been seeig around here.

On another note, my wife was recently banded herself. She had her surgey on the 2nd of July and she is already seeing major success. We have been each others support throughout. We are already planning another cruise for the summer of 2010. This time I won't be shy about taking the shirt off around the pool.LOL

Keep your eye on the prize!

I could be better. The company I work for was bought out. The new company's Ins. doesn't cover WLS. So I am uneasy about the future and my doctor visits. I am really bummed about it. I don't like the unknown and not being covered.

The new Ins takes effect Aug 1st. I am trying to get an adjustment in before with xray to see how things are going.

just really sucks about the INS.

Hey Guys sorry i haven't been on for awhile. Its summer time and i'm on my Harley riding all the time. Update i'm 10pds from my frist goal on 255pds Thats the weight i played pro football at. Then my next will be to get to 230pds my weight i was in college. Being 6"4' 1/2 it seems i carry that weight well. I'm down 3 pants size and down to 2xl shirt size. I put on a sutie i haven't put on in15yrs and had to take it into to get fitted it was to big for me. So i'm having lots of fun walking everyday i now am up to 5-8 miles a day.

Good to read about you all. Waylayer hang in there you can beat that 5 pds.. i have had the same happen with 3-4pds but then the next week i hunker down and get them back down there. Spirtdriven71 Hope things work out with your INS i will say a prayer that it will keep us posted.. Coach good to hear from you keep up the good work, Good luck in football this year. lets us know how your doing.. Gregnlr good to see your doing great. i agree the bills at the store are less now that i don't eat as much lol... I think its time we figure out how to get our pictures on here so we can see all our ugly face's :thumbup:

Take care all of you guys and keep working hard to get to your goals !!!! It will be worth it

BigBossMan

Has it really been over a year since we had this done?? Doesn't feel like that to me, how bout everyone else. I assume since there hasn't been a post on this thread since July of 2009 that most of you have slowed down your visits to this site. Anyway, I'm going in for a fill again today and was just wondering how everyone was doing a year into being banded? Are you happy with it? Have you lost the weight you had planned on? As for me, I'm down 70 lbs since the surgery or about 2/3 of the way to my goal. It's been a little slower then I hoped but all in all I'd call it a success.