Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Men of March 2009 here?

Hello All.

I am new to the group. I was banded 2 weeks ago today. So far so good. According to my scale I have lsot about 16+ pounds. I will know for sure tomorrow. No real issues, after the first couple of days. I found that my favorite drink so far is the SOY Protein from EAS. chocolate and vanilla. I pmix 8 ounces of Light Vanilla soy milk with the powder. They taste great and keep me very full. You can get it a Walmart. It has been great reading all of your stories.

Welcome to the thread Codten, good for you. I am using the Vanilla Silk Soy Milk as well,seems to be less of an issue. I use Chike Protein mix and Adkins 20g Protein Drinks. I am doing two shakes and one meal a day and also Vemma, chewable Centrum, chewable Calcium, fishoil (YUCK) and assorted others as mentioned in these threads. Add a ticker to your name so we can see your progress.

Band of Brothers, i just wanted to stop by and say hi for the first time. I have read so many of your post and wanted to say how very helpful they truly are. i hope if i share mine it may help some one else.

MY STORY......

I'm 36 years old married with three great kids, and have been the big guy my whole life...6' 4" and my largest weigh in was 410 lbs.

Like everyone else ive done diets and have been up and down the scale. On march 31 2009 i was banded in San Antonio. weight was 388lbs. surgery went well and quickly..

08:00 i was rolled in and 11:30 i was enroute to the house.

At about 6p.m. i tried chicken broth and thats when it went down hill..I got hiccups and that slimming crap for the next 5 hours, and ended up back in the hospital for the next three days. swelling and not the good kind. swelling at the band would not let Water through. so 3 days of steriods ans iv...

but thats all behind me now and every day is better and yes i would do it a 1000 times over.....this is my new life and iihave a great support group of family, friends, neighbors, and co-workers......

i'm learning that i have to listen to my band and ignore my stomach.. i'm on light liquids diet and it suxs but i try to remember that in my first life i started i was on a liquid diet then too(breast milk) boy those were the days......

so this is my do over, born again, the new me...educated on the affects of bad judgement in my past life.

scales ......i havent weighed yet.. i go back to the Doc on the 15th and i'll weight there and i will post the results. so good luck to everyone and keep your eyes on the prize...

Welcome waylayer73, sounds like you had a rough start. I will tell you it only gets better from here. While I am only a month out, it already has made a huge difference in my life. Keep the faith and remember to take baby steps, it is slow going at first.

WayLayer, There right its gets better. I had some of the same stuff your going threw. And i went 6-7 days before it cleared up for me. To drink Water. Now i'm eatting 4 oz egg's, drink milk, ice tea, popsicle. and i'm down 40pds... and feel great. Oh had Mac & Chess 4oz for lunch today. So hang in there. Some of us have it harder then others at the start, But we all will be Big Winner's at the end..

Hey guys....first, I want to welcome the new guys to the group. We got a good thing going and the more info we collect from each other, the better! Its been going very well for me. Pulling out those old shirts and old too tight fitting pants and they are pretty loose on me. My new belt hole is 4 away from the old one so inches are comming off!

Tried lifting light weights but felt a slight discomfort in my port area. I'm gonna give it about two more weeks before I give it another try.

The compliments don't suck guys. Everyone is telling me how good I look and have had a few people tell me they are considering it. They said they just didn't want "to take the easy way out". I make sure to let them know how "EASY" it really is. I also like to show them my post op meal containers from the hospital. They have no idea how much work this really is. There is no magic bullet and it is a lifetime commitment.

Im looking to get a fill some time next week. I'll keep you posted on how that goes. Enjoy the weekend!

First day back at work today, the good news is that my normal work shirts are TOO BIG, so I had to wear a shirt I had not worn in a few years. The LB works, I have lost close to 40 pounds.

2 WEEK UPDATE:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

alright guy here's the scoop........highest weight 410lbs

day of surgery was 388 lbs, and as of today's Dr. Appt. i weighed in at 365 lbs.....45 pounds down total and 23 lbs since surgury that was on march 31st....i'm feeling great and will start my Vitamins tommorrow..still on a liquid diet for at least 2 more weeks and will get my first fill on april 29th....

walking at least 30 min a day and just got back from a 3 mile walk with the kids.......

i live out in the country on 12 acres and i started walking alone and then one of my dogs started coming along and then my oldest child and then another and another and now my wife i felt like forest gump lol soon all my neighbors will come haha anyways i hope all is well with yall and keep heading for the goal.....here we go!

Banded 3/9 and am now in band hell. Still loosing weight but It has slowed down considerably, Only 4 pounds in the last couple weeks. Good news is that I get a fill next week.

I am able to eat as much of everything now, Its like no band at all. I usually am a good boy but have had a few slips.

Anyway, just wanted to vent. Figure there must be a few others in hell with me.

Edited by alabubba

Hi Guys,

Well things are going good with me. I can't eat anything i want i only eat small bits because i feel full. If i over eat i kick it up. I only have done that onetime, So i know to watch how much i eat. I'm still down 40pds. and now its seems as if the losing part is slowing down. I haven't had a fill yet. So maybe after my 1st fill things will statr to move again. I walk 4 miles a day and feel great. Guy stick in there. We will all hit are goal

Well hope your all doing good.

I walk 4 miles a day and feel great. .

OMG!, I thought I was doing good finally walking around my block. Way to go!!!:sneaky:

I am just up to two miles a day on my lunch, but walking is the key. March Men are you seeing the results you expected? I am now wearing my belt on the last inside hole as opposed to the first one before banded. I have energy to walk at lunch then come home and work in the yard. I sleep good at night only getting up once as opposed to getting up every hour and tossing and turning. What a difference 5 weeks makes, can't wait till it's 10 weeks:smile2: