Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Men of March 2009 here?

I'm having my surgery tomorrow morning 7am (3/16/2009). Some random thoughs:

How long till you went back to work?

Do any of you have an overhang? I'm worried about havin that flap like in the adam sandler movie. If I work at it by exercise will I be able to lose the flap?

Thanks and good luck to us all!

Hey group! Got banded today at 8:00 this morning. Comming out of it, it felt like someone was standing on my abdomen. There was quite a bit of pain. Then I coughed and it felt like a punch to the gut. The morphine has come in handy but I'm trying not to use it. The suckiest part has been the feeling of flame shooting out of my penis. They

told me it's normal. The cath will do that . Other than that, it's been pretty normal. Good luck to all

I understand Coach. I had a serious hiatal hernia which they spent an hour repairing before they did my lap band. I also understand about the Cat, I am picky who plays down there. Better today, not much sleep. Trying to decide if it feels like a pitchfork in the chest or a shotgun blast. But I am still glad I had it done. On my way to being a new me. Thanks for the support.

I feel a lot better today. Already started drinking Water and my liquid meal is on it's way. I hope you feel better gregnlr. We are gonna be lean machines before we know it. I hope BigBossMan is doing good on his pre-op diet. Remember, it's the three day hump that you have to look toward to. Good luck to all.

weight.png

Edited by coachramz

Hey Guys,

Glad to hear your both doing ok. I was sending you both good thoughts on Mon. I'm on day 2 of this diet. So far its ok. I haven't cheated at all. I Drink the Boost & eatting the slim-fast bars in between for a snack and drinking Water. So like you said if i can get threw one more day i'm over that first hump. Hope your both feeling better, Thanks for taking the time to inform us.

Keep Up the good Work.

I had my band installed one week ago, March 10. Things are going great, only took pain meds one day and that was two days after surgery so I could get some sleep. Already been to the gym for some quality time with the exercise bike and the elliptical. Will be nice to have some scrambled eggs when I go to soft foods in another week. My doc puts folks on a three-week liquid diet beforehand, so already at a month on liquids. Chili blends up real nice though.

Hope everyone else is doing well.

Looks like I got some good blended chili to look foward to. Thanks Kamala! It sounds like you recovered well. I'm hoping the same goes for the rest of us. It did kill me when my 2 year old asked me to carry him and I told him I couldn't for a while. I suppose I will be throwing him up in the air in a couple of week. Get it done BigBossMan!

I am surprised you are on Boost, it has a high calorie content. Just stay on your diet, it makes a difference.

Hi again, 5 days out from surgery feeling great, haven't been hungry at all. Used the pain meds for the first day only. 8 days to go until mushies.

That is just awesome, tomorrow will be my 3rd day post, I have not felt bad, just not good. So I hope I can follow your lead and feel great without hunger in a couple of days. Looks like you are doing well on weight loss as well. I am only down about 20lbs. Keep it up, I will follow your lead.

Hey guys. Good to hear evryone is doing well. I'm 3 dyas out now. Monday 8am was surgery. My suggestion if you are in Knoxville, Tn area go pay the extra $3000 and do it through Parkwest. My physician at UT was good, but my service before, after and in the post surgery period was bad. I was in recovery 5 1/2 hours because "they had a special room for me and I had to wait for it to be cleaned, etc." Well, I woke up at about 9:15 am, got to my special room at 2:45pm, and then right after my wife left for the evening I ws told I needed to be moved to another room, becuase they needed to have it ready by 7am tomorrow. Not so special after all. The nurses came to check on me only 3 times in those 7.5 hrs. and then only when my wife went out after I had rang the bell for 30-45 minutes at a time.In all, UT Hosp. sucks.However, when I was trying to doze off for the rest of the evening (after 10:30 pm) I was interrupted about every 1hour on the hour the rest of the night. Where was that care earlier?? I was in pain the first evening, did walk the halls 2 times. sleeping in the bed was uncomfortable, had to side sleep- a change for me because I'm a stomach sleeper. That will change for a while. The MD was good, Dr Mancini. Other than that, a bad experience. I was glad to leave. At home, slept better, however sleeping at night was tough, I folded a pillow to side sleep and this helped. food wise, they brought sugar Jello at hosp along with cranberry juice, with sugar. Good thing I knew not to take them. At home I've had SF jello, broth, chicken mostly, and Water. I tried the Unjury unflavored, packet it was notbad, it was not gross. I had the unjury Soup and it too was good.Today bought fruit punch Protein bullets, they were ok, a litle gaggy, but nice to get it in quickly and be done w it. Overall today I'm feeling much betterm walkd the mall, target, and at home walked about 1/2 mile. Doing pretty good. Still hard to get around up and down, but improving today. I have 5 scars, all dermabonded (superglue for skin) and they look good, no draining to speak of. Keep working!

WOW I am impressed with your walking, I am nowhere near that, I thought I did good to walk onto the patio today. I am sorry for your poor experience, there is no excuse or that. Keep up the good work

Hi Guys,

Good to hear your all doing well. It sure is helping me to hear what you all have had as far as after your bands. I will be going on day 4 on Thurs and i haven't cheated at all. I fell good and will keep at it. I sleep on my stomach so will i have to change to my side ? Today i look at buying a bike. I have a Harley which is fun but i need to spend sometime on a pedal bike.

Everyone i want to thank you all for taking the time to put your info on here its sure help the rest of us who are near to getting it done.