Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Men of March 2009 here?

Yes, I do the Welch's instant drink, like the Crystal Light but I light them better, you just pour into the bottle and shake. I did a 12step to get off soda's before surgery. I figured out how may I was drinking (12) a day then reduce by one every 15 days. It took six months but when I got close to the end, I was like why was I drinking them. I have not even missed them and I use to have headaches if I did not have a diet coke in my hand. I think a lot of athletes are set up this way. Once your sidelined you are use to consuming all the food that drove that energy then nothing and you still consume. Good luck, keep this thread going.

That is just awesome Huesosoc, I hope I lose as well as you are. Keep us posted and share what your going through, so I can be prepared. Thanks

Four more days!!! This is tough but I am determined! I am proud to say that I have not cheated one bit. I am a football coach in Texas and I've been getting a little slow out there. This is gonna allow me to be a better coach and father. I am weighing myself tomorrow and will post my results.

Well good luck to everyone who is before me. Its coming up fast and i'm sure you can hardly wait. I know for myseld i'd do it this afternoon if they called me and said they had a open spot come in. Gregnlr I have got down to 2 sodas a day. and drink more Water and crystal light. I will try the Welch's.

Hey Coach. Just think of this summer 2 a days pratices in the sun and your starting to feel good and droping pounds. And you know the kids will be happy if your the Line Coach and ride the Blocking Sled. But Most of all they will be happy for you and your health....

I was banded on the 9th. It hasn't been too bad, a little bit of pain, but nothing that the narcotics they give you don't take care of. I was at the hospital at 5:00 AM and out by about 3:00 that day. The biggest pain is the larger incision where the port is, I can't really feel the others. Today I've had some "gurgling" and a little bit of loose stools, but gas-x strips have helped. I would also recommend getting some liquid tylenol. Oh, and a heads up to a few things that might be on a guys mind: yes, I did have a catheter placed but I was out when they put it in and out when they took it out, so I wouldn't have even known except I was a little sore down south. Also, they did shave my hairy belly.

I weighed myself today for the first time since February 28th. I have lost 17 pounds on my pre op diet and I still have till Monday that my surgery is scheduled for. I wanted to hug the freakin scale. I guess my dedication and commitment has been paying off. I'll keep reporting back on my progress. Good luck to all.

Keep it up Coach... I will be thinking of you on Mon Thats the day i start my Pre Op Diet. Your going to make that drive right into the endzone !!!

Thanks BigBossMan. While you are starting I'll be getting banded. I might just check in during my recovery to give you guys a heads up. Best of luck to all!

Thanks for the heads up. I thought I knew everything about the surgery. I guess I need to do a little body grooming and perhaps shave my belly hair before I go, not to mention a trim elsewhere :0

Anything else a man should know? I did get some good news today, I no longer have to spend the night as previously required by the insurance

Had preop done today, surgery Mar 25th at 9am

Dr Olsofka @ St Marys in Louisville (LOUAVULL) KY

weighed 335 this morning , always been big, always struggled with my weight

Have lost it twice before but put it and more back on each time.

I know i can get it off. I guess my feeling is the band will help me from myself over my remaining years. (anyone else with a similar mindset?)

Anyhow goodluck to the rest of you all & looking forward to getting started & glad to know there is a place like this to find support.

Karl

Go CARDS :scared2:

Steeler350, I understand completely. I have no trouble dieting. I can lose weight quick. It is the return that's a bitch. You know it is all about quality of life. I have two day to go before my band, but I feel more like 2 days to go before I get my life back

Well Gregnlr & Coachramz Good Luck on Monday My prayers will be with you both. Lets us all know when you feel better how your doing. New life and a long life is ahead for us all. Keep up the good work everybody. Have a good weekend