Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Men of March 2009 here?

Just wanted to touch base, I guess some of you had to return to work today. Not me I am taking more time off. I did leave the house today for the first time, it was brief but I can sure tell I have lost my strength. No real issue except still can only sleep a couple of hours at a time, yesterday I did not sleep from 6am to 9pm and still by midnight I was up. I guess I am getting about 4 hours a day. I have not lost any additional weight. Good luck to all.

Hey Group... Staples are out the doc says everything looks fine. I was glued too but they use the staples just in case. He did give me a benadryl cream for my itch rash. I guess it was the shave they give you before with a crappy blade. I was probably irritated and then come the iodine. I recommend you do it yourself that morning. Back to work for me Today. Spring Break is over and back to work it is. As far as being cold, I noticed that I am colder now. Maybe its the loss of insulation. I have been doing the cream Soups now. Not too bad but not too many choices. I do get hungry a couple of hours after I eat. I settle it down with a sugar free popsicle or a Protein Shake and a lot of Water. I did have a dream that I was eating a cheese burger last night. I woke up thinking I was gonna puke until I realized it was just a dream.

I am flying to Dallas to visit with The SMU coaching staff to talk some football on April 3rd. I wonder If they will allow me to carry Protein Powder along in my carry-on bag. Anybody know? My best to all.

Wow, I bet they wouldn't let you. Maybe you will have to buy some when you hit town. Glad to hear you guys are doing good. Back to work must make you feel good. I'm still working hard on my diet and look forward to next Mon the 30th to get my band done.

Hope the rest of you are doing good..

Sounds like Coach is all over this, moving on to a better life. Your story makes ma glad I shaved in advance. The cold is not so much an issue anymore, maybe I was running a low grade fever the first week. I would hope you can take your Protein powder with you, but these days you never know. Stop in and post every now and then so we can see your progress.

Thanks. What side do you need to shave and how many area's ? Well today i went to the movies with my wife. I took a bottle of diet green tea and a slim fast bar. As my wife ate popcorn i ate the bar and did fine. I added broth and have enjoyed it 2 times a day at meal time. I'm down 18pds maybe i can get to 25pds by monday.

Well everyone keep up the good work.

BigBossman I shaved my entire chest, but it looks like they only need from your breast to your belly button. I would be on the safe side and do more than what you expect. 18lbs down is great. I am down about 25 but have been at a stand still all week and only eating about 500 calories.

Sorry I haven't been on much. Work keeps me busy. Still doing good lost 3 more pounds in the last 2 days. I think with all the moving around is helps burn the small amount of calories I am taking in. Other than that it's been good. Another thing work is doing is keeping me on a set schedule. I eat at the same times everyday. All the best!

weight.png

Edited by coachramz

Hey everybody,

Haven't been on site lately. Was having extreme anxiety about surgery yesterday & found myself hanging out in the areas that everyone discusses their problems , so i decided to stay off for awhile.

Anyhow went in yesterday morning at 630 and was in the car at 12:45. Wife took me to the mall because i wanted to be up moving around (was told that the more i moved ,better for getting gas out & preventing bloodclots). We got home around 5 and new Bond movie came from netflix, threw it in to watch and wife said i was asleep in 5 minutes , woke up around 11 last nite.

As i said i was having extreme anxiety before, now thinking about it : it wasnt about getting lapband but the surgery itself. I have had surgery before on my l5 21 disk, but I was in so much physical pain they couldnt do it soon enough.

I suppose all the anxiety stemmed from being that I was choosing this -vs- having to have it.

I was suprised when I came to and to now how little pain I have had. Everyone in recovery keep going on how great I was doing.

This morning I wanted something with some flavor , so I went and picked up some Soups , had creamy potato and brocolli which i blended with some xtra milk, man was it good:cursing: I only ate about half of it, Felt weird eating(drinking it) I guess my stomach is just irratated.

Anyhow , juswt wanted to checkin , share and read how everyone was doing.

Best wishes for everyone here and may we soon be the people we know we really are:thumbup:

Karl

I wanted to jump on here and say Hello! I'm getting my Lap Band on Monday 3/30/09. I'm completing my 5 week pro-op diet stage this weekend. It's gone pretty good. I'm down about 20lbs. And I'm ready to get goin' now! I want to tell all of you how much your discussions are appreciated! I've learned alot of stuff from the Mens Room. I hope to pass on the good job by posting my journey on here so that it might help someone as it has helped me!:crying:

rbw When are you having it done and where ? I'm having mine on the same day at Columbia St . Marys at 10:30am on 3/30/09 Good luck to you and hope everything go's well. How are the rest of you guys doing ? Getting to eat anything good yet ?

My surgery is at Park Plaza Hospital in Houston, Texas on Monday 3/30/09. Good Luck to you as well! And let's Kick Some Butt!!!

Checking in after the first week: Down 13.5 lbs. since surgery day (19th). Generally feeling pretty good, but the acid is a little annoying, I'm taking Nexium for it and expect it to pass soon. sleeping fine. food wise, the first week was pretty boring; mostly water/Crystal Lite/Ice pops/Jell-O/thin Soup. Thanks God it's mushy time!

Only real discomfort is from the incisions. My belt line is just under one of them, and it tends to pinch a little while sitting, so I'm doing the low-rider thing and reclining my seat a little while driving (which for a white dude in a Ford Escape looks mighty strange).

Protein was a little tough. They wanted me to take Isopure exclusively the first week, and I gotta tell you, it's gotta be REAL cold to taste any good. The Icy Orange flavor isn't awful, but that's about all I can say for it :crying:. Had my first shake today, EAS Cookies 'n Cream (42 gram), and it went down real good compared to that stuff!

weight.png

Edited by marko

Marko, sounds like you are doing great. My incisions are all high the lowest one being about 5 inches above my belly button. Just stick to your diet and then it won't matter what your driving :)

all you guys that are a week or two post op, what kind of diet are you on at the moment and hows it going, I am 2days post op and started some thinned out blended Soup.< /p>