Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Men of March 2009 here?

BigBossMan you are going to be surprised how much you know about the Lap band after being on this site. Don't worry about being on day 4 it will be over before you know it, just keep focusing on the results. I had to sleep in a recliner the first two night following the band, just could not lay flat. Last night I slept in the bed, but only for about two hours at a time since I would have to set up to get all the gas off my stomach. But even that is an improvement. I feel so much better today. I think the bike is a great idea. keep the focus.

Hi Guys , great to see so many positive comments , my date is fast approaching , all set for the 25th . Been on pre op 800 calorie a day liquids only , mainly consisting of slim fast drinks which I find in all fairness keeps the hunger at bay , in between the cup a Soup , which Im getting sick off , some low cal custurd and creamed rice pots.

Was in supermarket yesterday saw some pre made Jelly pots ooohhh only 10 cals , mmm I thought to myself and filled the trolley .......... oh my god , they were rotten LOL all into the bin.

Ive tried some soya alternatives ie choc mouse , to try help with the Proteins , they pretty bland and tasteless but manageable.

Was weighed at 282lbs on the 6th of this month , was on low cal 1200 cal diet for 5 days , and now on liquids up until the operation on 25th , today being 19th weigh in at 267 lbs so , lost 15lbs in 2 weeks , which in fairness has blew my mind .. a whole stone in such a short time.

Anyway nice to post , best wishes to all , and I will post in furture as things progess ....

woohooooo stroll on 25th :tt2:

What's up....I guess I'm joining this thread a little late but better late then never. I was banded on the 5th of March and was back at work on Monday the 9th. I lost 10 pounds the 1st week and am down another 4 pound this week. Going in for my 1st fill on April 2nd as I really don't have much of a restriction now. As for the surgery, I went in the at 1pm and was out of there by 4:30pm. Good luck everyone and I'll definetly keep you'all updated.

Later

Well, it's done! Arrived at Morristown Memorial 9:00 am, finished second stage recovery and left about 5:00 pm with a Realize band. Had a little trouble waking up in 1st stage recovery after the surgery, but all in all, not a bad experience. Taking 10ml Roxicet for pain (not much) every four hours, and Prevocet for gas, of which there is a LOT, and sipping Water. Slept fairly well, mostly on my back and left side, sleeping right side a little uncomfortable for now.

I'll have to admit to a few jitters/second thoughts the night before, and laying in pre-op I kept wondering to myself "What the hell am I doing here, I could lose it all on my own." Only natural, I guess, but the thing is, I've been trying to lose it for 30 years, and haven't. Gotta be honest with yourself, more than anything. Now I'm happy I went through with it.

Edited by marko

Awesome job Marko, I think we all have those feeling that I can do in on my own and you will, only now you have a little help. Those thoughts changed for me to I wish I had this 20 years ago. Each day that passes will get easier. Sounds like your sleeping better than I , I can only sleep for about 2 hours then have to get up and moved around to get the gas out. But then again my doctor did not give me anything for gas. Keep the faith and by this time next year we should be normal again.

Good job Bouwks, sounds like you had speed surgery. I went in at 8:30 and left at 5:30. Your a better man than I, not back to work yet. Keep in touch.

Hey Guys, Well still at it. I haven't cheated at all. But my wife just made dinner for the family and it smell's great but i'm back here. Trying to stay focused and read about the rest of you. Everything there eatting out there i have had before so its nothing i can't go with out for now. But boy it smells great. I have a craving for a Chicago Hot Dog last night but working it out of my head. I'm trying to think wow i will be able to have half of one someday. So as you can tell my mind is playing tircks on me. But i will give in...

Hi guys, Just thought I would pop in and say hi. I was banded on March 9, 2009 in Springfield, Mo. by Dr. Edwards.

I have a little longer road than most but feel like I am well on my way.

I went home on the 10th and am doing well, had a couple days of gas pain.

I was on liquids for 2 weeks before and 1 week after and am on mushies now, regular food on Tuesday!

I live in Arkansas so we drove to Springfield the night before, On the way up we stopped at Arby's for dinner and everyone ordered the new roast-burger. I didn't want to wait alone in the car so I had to sit there while they all stuffed themselves.

I just kept thinking about how baggy my old tight jeans were getting.

Eye on the prize brothers.

Hey Group,

Banded on the 16th of March and already feeling great! I have no gas pain, been sleeping like a baby with no pain meds, and I am still dropping pounds. The only problem i've encountered is a rash that developed after my surgery on my chest and unber my man boobs. I think I had a reaction to the iodine or something. I have been following the diet as prescribed by my doc but I told him that the broth and Jello were really not satisfying me that much. He said I could move up to sugar free pudding and cream of wheat. I'm back on the iso-pure and have had cream Soups and apple sauce. It is a lot better now. My staples are being removed on Monday afternoon. The only downside is that all my clothes looks and feel huge. I understand BigBossMan about the smells around the house. My wife is scheduled to have the surgery in July so that is gonna be a big help. I hope you get some sleep, Gregnlr. I am literally waking up a new man everyday!

weight.png

Edited by coachramz
ticker

Hi Guys,

Well made it another day. My mind didn't mess with me last night or today so far. I think i have over powered it by thinking about how i want to look and feel. And the thought of living longer and getting off my CPAP. Being 6' 4" 1/2 and 335pds isnt how i want to look anymore. I want that 6' 4" 1/2 245pds the look my wife fell in love with. Yes i can't get my brown full head of hair back lol. ( i look better with my head shaved i think ) But i can get back to the old me.

Question Do you guys feel full when eatting ? Do you still want to eat bad stuff ?

Hope you all have a great weekend. Enjoy the start of your new life. I soon will be joining you.

Bossman

Looks like ALABUBBA is well on his way. I understand about having to watch others eat. It may be odd but I have encouraged everyone to be as normal as possible, I have made this change for me and I really did not want it to be about anyone else. But when I am giving away my fat clothes those who tortured me won't get any.

BigBossMan, I am still not eating so I guess full is not an option. But during this phase you should have little if any restriction since you need to be healing. I have not been hungry at all, have to make my self drink the broth and Protein. Just think how proud you will be when you reach your goal and how proud you wife will be with her hunk of a man (hair or no hair).

That is encouraging Coach, I still have trouble sleep over a couple of hours but it is getting better. Out about the staples, I did not get any, just glue and strips. I thought I was the only one with the smell thing going on, it is so odd. I smell everything. Also is anyone cold? I can't seem to get warm.

I got banded Tuesday the 17th.

I was first one on the table early morning. It was good that I had the early morning appointment. The registration room quickly filled up after I signed in.

Surgery went without a prob. Though, I have 6 incisions instead of the usual 5. I have to ask doc why at follow up appointment. I had prior abdominal surgery and I believe he was checking to see if scaring would be issue.

03/17 Late morning into afternoon, I was doing quite well. I was a little surprised, I had a little pain but not too much discomfort.

03/17 Evening, I had problems peeing and it stung like hell to try to go. Doc/nurses said it could be from anastasia. they did an ultrasound on my bladder, I was very full. They decited to empty it out using a catheter, not a foley one, though. I was not too happy about it. I asked if the nurse could put some ladican gel on tube. I am so glad they did.

03/18 Wendesday noon time. still having problems peeing. they needed to drain me again, this time they didn't use ladican gel, I was ready to swing at people. though, pain from surgery was not bad. always a 2-3 on scale of 10.

03/18 afternoon. Upper gi done. Lap-band in place everything looks good. though, I drank the barium too quick. I started gettig sick and threw up once. Portarea started to really bother me. When I got back to my room about an hour later diherra set in.

Doc/nurses decited that they needed to put a foley catheter in me. I asked if there a "laxative" for the urinary. they sad yes called flowmax. I said I would like to try it.

At that point, It was clear I was spending an extra night in the hopsital. Though, I was able to start on my clear liquid diet is hospital.

03/18 around 11pm I finally peed on my own. I was so happy. I went about two more times during the night. Though, dirharra presisted.

Thursday 03/19. Woot Going home! Wifey picked me up at 11am. I was still fighting direarra bad and gas pains.

Today, gas pains for most part gone, diarerra is gone. and I have some pain at port area but not much to complain about.

I have post 4.5 pounds since thursday.

WOW, you make my added heital hernia look like a piece of cake. I am glad you are doing better. Hopefully in a week this will just be another badge to wear. Did they Cath you during surgery? It sounds like your ordeal was very unpleasant. best of luck.