Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Men of March 2009 here?

Hey guys....I am officially a teen again! I am now weighing 219 lbs. It was really exciting to get there. I am currently looking to my next goal of "onederland". I can't even imagine what my reaction will be when I look down and there is no longer a 2 in front of my weight total. Things are going well. Weightloss has slowed down a bit, but then again i was expecting it to. I was told that I should be losing about 1-2 lbs per week. All we need is patience.

Hey gregnlr...I too am on my last belt hole. I really wouldn't mind joining the nail to the belt to make another hole population. lol

I was scheduled for a fill last Monday but my doc was going out of town the next day and asked me to reschedule in case of a complication. I was a little miffed but I understand that if there was to be an emergency, who would help me? I'm supposed to get it this Monday. I'll report back with how it went. We start spring football training on Monday, which means long days and later nights. I'll try to communicate through my iphone. Till then, keep your eye on the prize and away from that juicy burger!

way to get after it coachramz.......i'm in san antonio and the heat is coming on fast and i cant wait to loose more weight for this summer, wait, i mean forever...lol

i bought a new belt a week before surgery and was on the last hole and now i'm on the first hole and next week i'm going to nail it haha walking everyday seems to be helping im sore as hell and slow to start , but once i get going i'm good....

how about everyone else i hope eneryone is healthy and happy.....take care

I have been having some issues with hunger. I have not wanted to go back to Y. I am making a point to go tonight.

I am surprised at how much I can eat. Though, it is still way less than I could Pre op. I am looking forward to my first fill next week.

SpiritDriven, you are just in bandster hell, once you get a fill you should be good to go. If you had any restriction you were good. Don't get discouraged, it may take a few fills to get you where you need to be. Wish you the best.

Coach it looks like you are leading the charge, you will be to your goal by summer at the rate your going. You might need to shop for more than a belt. Wish you the best and keep in touch.

First fill scheduled for tomorrow, Wish me luck.

I haven't posted in awhile so I thought I'd update everyone. First of all, it sounds like everyone is doing great! I started at 352 at my first diet visit at the beginning of Jan. I had surgery on 3/9 and was at 324. Today I'm at 298 and I am REALLY excited not to have the 3 in front anymore. So post-band I'm at 26 pounds in 6 weeks. This last week I didn't really lose anything, so I must have hit a plateau, or have just started eating more. I've been hitting the gym 5-6 times/week and am up to a good 45 minute cardio workout. I''m just now starting to lift some weights due to the post-op restrictions. I can't get a fill until 8 weeks after surgery and unfortunately at my earliest date my doc is out of town, and then I'm heading to Vegas for a week. So, May 18 is when I will have my next appointment. I would like a fill sooner cuz right now I can eat more than what I would like. Hopefully I can meet my goal of 100 lbs by August 22.

Hey guys... back to report on my first fill. First of all, the doctor and office staff were really impressed. One of them said I didn't look like my old self at all. There was a lady considering the surgery and she asked to speak to me after my fill. It was prettty cool! I was in the waiting room for about 45 mins and the fill took all of 4 minutes. That includes the sipping of Water in front of the doctor. It was really no big deal but that needle looks a little intimidating. My doc used a small needle to numb the area and another for the fill.

Waylayer73.... I too am aproud Texas about 150 miles south of your area (Laredo). It gets really hot down here. we've already had a few days in the 90's and a couple in the 100's.

Gregnlr...I hope you are right. I'm shooting for 200 by the end of August. Keeping my fingers crossed.

To everyone else, keep your eye on the prize! Beat your mind! Eat to live, don't live to eat! All the best to all!

First fill scheduled for tomorrow, Wish me luck.

Wow, that was a huge NBD. (No Big Deal) I was a bit apprehensive because I don't handle needles all that well but it was nothing to worry about.

Got to the Dr.s office and they weighed me. Only down a few LBs in the last couple weeks. Then down the hall to the fluoroscope. They had me lay down and used a tiny needle to anesthetize the area, they put the fill needle in and tilted me onto my feet and I drank a couple sips of barium (or whatever its called, punch flavored and thick) 5cc's in my 14cc band, then they had me drink some Water before leaving. That was it. Took about 15 minutes and most of that was waiting, The actual fill took only 3 or 4 minutes and I have had more pain pricking my finger for a glocuse test.

I dont know if I will have restriction from the first fill but I doubt it, That said, I feel "Tight" right now. I am on liquids for a couple days.

Anyway, I should get back on real food in a few days.

Next fill is already scheduled for may 5th.

Way to go guys. I go to see my doctor on Fri. I don't think its for a fill because i got banded on 3/30/09 So maybe he just going to check up on me. Things are going well. I feel great. Like the rest of you i like seeing a 2 in front instead og the 3. Walking my 4 miles a day.

Keep up the good work guys

Well, I have given up on Hard Boiled eggs. I have only had 2 in the last week. I came close to PBing, and a little sliming.

I can eat scrambled and omelets. I am not even gonna try fried eggs.

I have my first fill Monday. As long as I can eat scrambled eggs with some cheese I will be happy.

Hey Guys....I'm at 50 lbs. This is too awesome. I am off the blood pressure meds and next (hopefully soon) I can get rid of my CPAP machine. Things are good and I am able to move a lot better on the football field with my kids. I don't sweat like I used to either. The compliments keep coming and that is all the motivation I need. Lucky for me that I kept a lot of my old clothes that didn't fit. I always knew that one day I would wear then again. And that time is now!

My best to all!

Edited by coachramz

Hey guys... I actually have a bit of free time to post. It has been going good for me. The treadmill is like a walk in the park and the amount of sweat draining out of my pores has minimized drastically. I think i'm actually getting into shape. I woke up this morning and hit the scale at 214.5. I can't even remember the last time I was at this weight. I keep surprising myself daily. My clothes feel great (actually a little too loose) and my friends are giving me compliments on a daily basis.

I heard a funny (well maybe not so funny) thing the other day. An old friend I hadn't seen in about three years ran into me and asked how I was recovering. I asked her what she meant because there was no way of her knowing of my surgery. She said that she heard some people talking and that they said I had lost a lot of weight because I had had a hard attack. Rumors.....gotta love em.

It is good to hear everyone is doing so well and Coach, that is very impressive. You will be in Onederland before you know it. I have returned to a normal life, I should say better than normal, I have more energy and feel great. My weight loss has slowed but I still consume less than 1000 calories a day. I did slim and PB'ed yesterday for the first time. I must admit it was my fault, ate too fast. It was painful and nasty, won't be doing that again if I can help it. I go to group on Thursday and will update my weight with my official loss. Stay in touch.