Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fabulous February Bandsters Unite!

I lost 8 pounds 1 week post -op but now that i'm on muchies ive gained 2 pounds !!!! I have been very careful not to eat so much ,this is very frustrating and my first fill is not till march 12th!!!!!

It will come back off AZ just don't get discouraged :thumbup:) Your body just needs to adjust to taking in a lot few calories. Keep track of your calories for a while and just make sure you aren't taking in too much or too little. To little it seems can hinder you almost as much as too much.

I was banded yesterday...ouch! I can't wait for a week fom now!

Good luck! ~A

I understand the frustration. I am on week two after surgery and had done liquids for the first week and lost 16 lbs. I was very hungry starting week two so I tried about a cup of potato soup- liquified. Since Sunday, I have gained back 4 lbs.

This is what I eat daily:

2 Atkins Protein Shakes

1 yogurt

1 cup of potato Soup at lunch and then again at dinner.

Water.

I calculated calories and that potato soup has 410 calories in 1 cup- which is a lot! I didn't realize that until yesterday. But that was putting my calorie intake at roughly 1200 calories (depending on what I could or couldn't finish). This calorie intake is typically what people need to be at to lose weight, but I know that in order for me to lose weight, I must do only 800 calories. So I have gained 4 lbs back over the week in the past 4 days. I also recognize that during that first week I was sleeping a lot and a lot of that weight loss was water....otherwise gaining 1-2 lbs a day isn't really feasible unless you are massively eating...which I am not.

But, I know you heartache. I can't wait until I have my first fill and start losing weight again. That will also come with not being hungry.

Since I am still healing from surgery, I am finding I still can't walk far/intensely for exercise. At school (I am a sped teacher), I am up walking every half hour taking kids across the school to classrooms and picking more up. By the time lunch time hits, I usually have sharp pains in my stomach from over doing it.

Hang in there, we have to have faith in our new tool!

Hi everyone... I was banded on the 20th - and on liquids since... SO BORING! I'm about to throw the Slimfast can through the window. I go see the doctor today and I'm hoping that he moves me to mushy foods.

Any suggestions for good mushy foods to eat? I've got hummus, cottage cheese, etc... but always looking for suggestions!

Hello all- Today is my 1 week post-op! I am feeling really well- just a little tired and very HUNGRY!!!!! This liquid thing is driving me NUTS! I don't ever want to see a slimfast can again in my life! I lost 11 pounds onmy pre-op and nothing yet since I had the surgery- is this normal? I have until next Thursday until until I can go on mushies! Hope everyine is doing well!

I was banded Feb 17th, 2009. :lol:I sent myself a birthday card!! To Celebrate a new beginning. I start mooshie stage tomorrow and am more than done with clear liquids!! I am searchinf for mooshie food recipes or choices. I see my doctor tomorrow perhaps he will have some suggestions.

Banded on 2/24...Day 2 post op and feeling pretty good. Intestines are rumbling begging for food, however, I am not hungry. Just sipping Water and popsicles. See my Dr. Friday and I am hoping to return to work on Monday. Is anyone having pain/discomfort taking in a deep breath? Trying to get out all that flem (sp?) is difficult as well, otherwise, everything seems to be great.

Already down 20 lbs!!!

Today was my first day of mushies! :) I went to the grocery store last night to get some food...had scrambled eggs for breakfast!!

Doc says I am healing great and I've lost 26 lbs so far.

hi I was banded on 2/23. I only went through the clear liquid stage for two days and then was moved along to the mushy stage. I've hardly had any appetite and am afraid I am not eating enough. I read somewhere that if you go under 800 calories per day your metabolism slows to starvation mode. How do you know when you've eaten too much?

So glad I found this website for support and friends

i just came home today from being banded. Only stayed in the hospital 1 day which was great. I"m sore in the front and having back pain. I can only sip a little at a time because I feel it in my back if I drink more then a sip. Anyone else have that problem? I guess i still have gas in there. I have been walking around alot and sitting up in the chair or bed. I can't wait to eat something hot. I"m not much on cold drinks.< /p>

Hi I was banded 2 weeks ago today. I can now eat anything but they suggest eat Protein first, then vegetable,then fruit and if I am still hungry a carb. I did great yesterday but today protien wasn't easily available and I ate more of the other foods....now I am sad:frown: Our big suggestion is to eat moist protien I am going to really have to start cooking again. /when I was on liquids I got away without hitting the stove much. My husband is on Nutrisystems so I just popped some vegetables in the microwave. My soft munchies were cottage cheese, cheese sticks, egg salad and tuna salad, lentils, white Beans, scrambled eggs. I have now lost 24.6 lbs. 10 post op.:rolleyes:

Hello everyone!

I got banded on February 20th of 2009. :lol:

It was my first surgery ever. I'm on day 7 now and still have gas pains. I walk and sit up straight, which for the most part works; however when i go to lay down my tummy gets upset and grumbles, or like today i got this HUGE pain in my left shoulder. My dr had told me that the gas right after the surgery was normal, but is it normal to last this long? :rolleyes: It's not consistant, but I have it some days and others I don't. It's weird.

Hopefully someone can help me...

Thanks!:tt2:

Hi -

Collegegirl I had quite a bit of gas and bloating also. Although mine was not painful it lasted a bit over a week. I found the best for me was walking around and in bed sometimes just shifting my position for even a minute worked. I had to stay in the hospital for 2 nights because I was swollen and unable to drink very much - didn't start passing gas until the day I was discharged:cursing:. Talk about discomfort. Everyone is different as to how long it takes the gas to dissipate but it will!!!

Good luck.

I got my band 2 days ago and feelng pretty good so far. I am on Clear Liquids for a few days like everybody else. A bit uncomfortable in the tummy area to be expected but overall feeling pretty good. Had my surgery done at Portsmouth Naval Hospital and they really took great care of me and my new lap band buddies I met there while going through the surgery. We stayed overnight and came home yesterday. Looking forward to the days ahead and less of me!!!:rolleyes: Good luck to all my fellow February bandsters!!

Hi T-

Just wanted to say glad to hear that your surgery went well and your feeling good!! Hope everything keeps going on the good track for you.

:(